Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Th

Post by 187_Joeism »

ACH being on the All Stars team it´s pretty shocking i have to say, it will be interesting to see how the match plays out.
WHG

Post by WHG »

ACH getting the win in the 4-way in Lockport was certainly a possible sign for them renewing his push. It could be that was just to justify getting him into this match, or it's part of a bigger push.

He could be a good candidate to finally win the TV title from Lethal as there's a good built in story of him pushing Lethal to the limit multiple times last year and falling short.

I'm interested to see where it goes with him, regardless.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

It's an elimination match, right? He's a guy in there to get pinned. Caprice Coleman was on the All-Star team once. The bar's not high.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

He was already in the match last year, but it made sense then as he was feuding with Lethal over the TV title at the time, right now, it seems to be coming from out of nowhere a little bit, but if it's going to lead to a bigger push, I won't mind.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
WHG

Post by WHG »

Was really hoping they'd do the idea from here where it was 4 on 3 with Lethal needing to be beaten twice...but I guess he'd almost surely have to win it for that to be a good idea. Still, that twist sounded so fun.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

WHG wrote:Was really hoping they'd do the idea from here where it was 4 on 3 with Lethal needing to be beaten twice...but I guess he'd almost surely have to win it for that to be a good idea. Still, that twist sounded so fun.
It would still be a big disadvantage for the heels because the faces have an extra guy regardless of Lethal needing to be pinned twice, and that's a weird dynamic.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

So ACH gets into the Champions vs. All-Stars match off of one win in a random four way and because he did really well LAST YEAR?
Dinero212

Post by Dinero212 »

U mean to tell me ACH is more of an all star this year than Adam Cole? Elgin? O'Riley? Fish? Bullshit. I like ach but the all star moniker should be for someone who had an all star year.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Dinero212 wrote:U mean to tell me ACH is more of an all star this year than Adam Cole? Elgin? O'Riley? Fish? Bullshit. I like ach but the all star moniker should be for someone who had an all star year.
Why would they book Cole against his own faction they just went to ridiculous lengths to re-establish?

Besides, the All-Star term has been meaningless since the stip began.
Last Real Man Hype
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Dinero212 wrote:U mean to tell me ACH is more of an all star this year than Adam Cole? Elgin? O'Riley? Fish? Bullshit. I like ach but the all star moniker should be for someone who had an all star year.
This means we get the first Cole/O'Reilly match at that show as well, and I don't see how that might be a disadvantage. In the past the shows that had this champions vs allstars match usually suffered from the fact that most of the top guys were included in this match, while the rest of the card was pretty lackluster. Hence why I really like what they did this year.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
This means we get the first Cole/O'Reilly match at that show as well, and I don't see how that might be a disadvantage.
No, reDRagon are missing the show due to NJPW tour, so no Cole/O'Reilly here. They're probably holding that one off until Final Battle.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Elgin would've made more sense than ACH does. Especially now that he's turned over a new leaf. I really feel like that alone qualifies him alraedy. I mean, he turned over a new leaf.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Burnside wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
This means we get the first Cole/O'Reilly match at that show as well, and I don't see how that might be a disadvantage.
No, reDRagon are missing the show due to NJPW tour, so no Cole/O'Reilly here. They're probably holding that one off until Final Battle.
Ok that's fine with me, being able to buidl anticipation for the eventual Final Battle match and having more time to flesh out this feud sounds good to me.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

word is that ach has signed an exclusive roh deal people...maybe a push for him is coming soon
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

monster mafia wrote:word is that ach has signed an exclusive roh deal people...maybe a push for him is coming soon

I think ACH got Elgin´s exclusive contract.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

hahaha i was about to post that picture

elgin getting bookings again...Elgin said last year that his ROH deal was up in October 2015.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Thought something was up when Elgin was announced for Smash Wrestling & AAW shows in November. It'll be cool to see him back on the indies, though if I had to guess, I'd say he just moved to a non-exclusive deal (as opposed to not having any deal). I believe both the AAW & Smash events are on dates when ROH isn't running.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Wasn't the idea with the ROH exclusive contracts that the wrestlers wouldn't be booked on as many indies, and would need to get them approved by ROH and make sure they weren't when ROH was running shows? I'm sure Elgin still has a contract but is taking these bookings because he can.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Ladrao12 wrote:Wasn't the idea with the ROH exclusive contracts that the wrestlers wouldn't be booked on as many indies, and would need to get them approved by ROH and make sure they weren't when ROH was running shows? I'm sure Elgin still has a contract but is taking these bookings because he can.
That was the idea until Adam Cole got hurt. They could work indies but it was limited in terms of the number per month and they had to get them approved. Starting this year, they've not been allowed to work any indy dates in North America. This is a pretty clear change in Elgin's contractual status.

Roddy's contract appears to allow him to just work PWG...and Meltzer reported that there is a movement (as part of them trying to sign the Bucks) to allow certain guys like Cole and O'Reilly to return to PWG.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Ladrao12 wrote:Wasn't the idea with the ROH exclusive contracts that the wrestlers wouldn't be booked on as many indies, and would need to get them approved by ROH and make sure they weren't when ROH was running shows? I'm sure Elgin still has a contract but is taking these bookings because he can.
For what we know exclusive deals means you can´t work any other company in North America than ROH.

Normal deals means ROH takes priority over other companies if the show it´s the same deal (Roddy missing one day of BOLA to work ROH for example.)

Non deal means you can choose to work ROH or other companies.