I think it's time for Delirious to step down as booker

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: I think it's time for Delirious to step down as booker

Post by dhads7161 »

As mentioned Dijak and Rush will be stars. Briscoes are lifers in ROH, Addiction, Fish, MCMG will be around for awhile. Castle, Silas Young, ACH, and O'Reilly will be the next wave of main eventers for the company. Hopefully Colt is going to stick around. Cole I could see around for a few more years. Page, I'm afraid will end up full time in NJPW before he gets made a star in ROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

for me roh can be carry for young guys like dijak,rush,castle,page,kincaid,ach,kyle and cole (if both stay)..

roh has lost some good wrestlers but they can build something good with the actual roster..is time to put the cards on the game.

please please sign kincaid and gresham,please!
Last edited by monster mafia on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I just hope TNA don't realize after Moose gets time to settle that, "hey, everybody knows Moose, so the ROH guys are all valuable". I don't want to see Silas Young popping up there for example.

I can see Kincaid going full-time, I don't think anyone knows what is going on with Gresham.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

TYFDK wrote:Watch Kevin Kelly be the best booker in all of wrestling in the last 20 years.

Not saying that like it'll happen, but man it'd make everyone look dumb if it happened.
The thing is we don't know, for all we know he could be. I don't see the difference between the guy that left and Kelly, in fact surely Kelly is actually the better option considering his time in wrestling and hopefully the experience he has gained in the business. We will just have to wait and see, it might actually be better in the end.

I think with Gresham it might just be he is cursed with people seeing him as great enhancement talent rather than someone who a promotion could build something around. That being said he is a talented guy that I think should be brought in and have a bigger role even if it's say a member of another group.

I think we are getting a new crop of talented guys coming out of the indies finally. It's taken a while but there are some that are really starting to gain a lot of interest and putting together a CV of matches that should lead them to ROH. Overall the industry saw a fantastic generation of talent with ROH being the main conduit for them and there really hasn't been anyone to take that mantel up until now as I think we are starting to get shoots of a strong new generation.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I'd be more optimistic if creative didn't botch almost every potential top guy and push a bunch of mediocre, heatless clowns just because they get some power backstage.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Whitmer and Daniels don't have heat?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

It's a shame Whitmer's heat is used on this shitty, endless storyline with Corino instead of something worthwhile and constructive like when he was Page's mentor.

As for Daniels, does anyone really give a shit about this Addiction/MCMG storyline at all ? Or the Addiction themselves frankly ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote:It's a shame Whitmer's heat is used on this shitty, endless storyline with Corino instead of something worthwhile and constructive like when he was Page's mentor.

As for Daniels, does anyone really give a shit about this Addiction/MCMG storyline at all ? Or the Addiction themselves frankly ?
I did until they just kept repeating the same angle where MCMG would win clean and addiction would jump them after the match with nothing ever coming of it other than yet another match. They have killed this feud by constantly putting them in random matches together (like the match with the Bucks from Philly, for example) in which nothing that happens actually matters.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Judge Jeff Jones being a topic of conversation now just goes to show how fucked up wrestling is in 2016, from Matt Hardy being the most entertaining thing in TNA and Cedric Alexander and Kota Ibushi having a MotY contender on WWE programming.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I took a break from the company and came back and man this place is sad now, from the bitching to the complaining, to the bashing for every little this is all but a ROH forum, some people have the nerves to call this ROH Mecca :lol: antiROH Mecca or ROH Golden era widows is more appropriate.

I don´t think i will keep posting here, had a good time but the world is fucked up already to have to read negative things even when you are trying to get away from it and have some fun talking wrestling.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Do we really need to know this stuff, getting this shit out in the open just doesn't help anyone and all it does it create a huge negative energy around something I watch that I actually enjoy. So much has generally been shit lately and for the most part I have enjoyed ROH yet all we get is this constant blah of how all this crap is happening.

As for the addiction I like them they actually create a good heal dynamic am I sick of them winning by DQ fuck yeah and they should have lost the belts at the PPV but hey someone decided against that.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I've largely enjoyed WWE in the past 3 years; I still appreciate being informed about the seedy shit such as CM Punk's departure, the concussion lawsuits, and the power struggle between Kevin Dunn and the Levesques. It's on you if you cannot compartmentalize your enjoyment of the on-screen product from the off-screen underbelly.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

He removed the tweet for whatever reason:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

enjoy wwe in the past 3 years? imagine think that wwe has been good the past 3 years....my god.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

monster mafia wrote:enjoy wwe in the past 3 years? imagine think that wwe has been good the past 3 years....my god.
Yeah heaven forbid someone has a different opinion than you.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It's amusing for SBG-era ROHbots not to grasp that thanks to WWE's improvement on contemporary hiring/pushing (something ROH has fallen off on), it's a much more polished version of what's become a generic ROH. WWE even manages to have consensus multiple MOTYCs now, which USED to be the case for ROH.

There's not one thing as magical since SBG took over, not even Lethal's epic coronation, as Money in the Bank 2011, SummerSlam 2013, WrestleMania XXX, and Takeover: R Evolution. I'll throw in the Styles debut with that group too. ROH needs to start producing some memorable moments too, as WWE has left them in the dust for that category as well.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Company line?

Office Stakeholders

Delirious - Doesn't speak to press
Kevin Kelly - ultimate positivity
Joe Koff - Relatively honest assessments to media (Realistic on position v. WWE, realistic on WOH, optimistic in other areas)
Office Guy Greg - Doesn't speak to press (I think?)
Jeff Jones - Doesn't speak to press (I think?)
Christopher Daniels - Only talks wrestling and comics

Recently departed talent:

George Carroll - Complimentary to ROH
The Bennetts - Nothing but complimentary to ROH
Moose - Nothing but complimentary
Cedric - Relatively muted but complimentary to ROH
Strong - Nothing but complimentary to ROH

This is why these rumors are so weird/inconsequential. Everyone had been nothing but professional. ROH has always run a pretty consistent ship in terms of "no drama", at least since the Elgin stuff in 2014. Even the folks that have been let go or moved on don't run ROH through the ringer.

There has supposedly been a "boogie man" out there but these VOW guys literally never say what/who it is and why we should care. Is there a way to mute conversations or threads with "VOW", "Voices of Wrestling", etc.? This is literally so dumb.

I come here to talk about ROH. This is just weird conjecture that is literally about nothing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Koff and/or Johnston speak to Meltzer and Johnson. Meltzer isn't magically pulling up such accurate booking scoops out of thin air.

There was a loud message sent with how ROH buried Richards on the way out in late 2013 as well. Those in charge made an example out of him.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I agree with Fan. There's been all this talk, but other than a couple people leaving due to unhappiness and/or more money elsewhere, nothing noticeable has happened. It's just pointless to even discuss until something actually happens. And before you post that quote you always post, supersonic, just know that I understand you've got the scoopz, but understand until it's actually something and not just "this might or might not happen," then I don't give a shit.