I think it's time for Delirious to step down as booker

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: I think it's time for Delirious to step down as booker

Post by supersonic »

You giving a shit or not is of zero relevance to me. I will share whatever I'm given permission to share, regardless if it offends or irritates you. Your feelings on the matter are insignificant and if that causes you to view me as a smarmy prick, then that's also not a concern.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

supersonic wrote:It's amusing for SBG-era ROHbots not to grasp that thanks to WWE's improvement on contemporary hiring/pushing (something ROH has fallen off on), it's a much more polished version of what's become a generic ROH. WWE even manages to have consensus multiple MOTYCs now, which USED to be the case for ROH.

There's not one thing as magical since SBG took over, not even Lethal's epic coronation, as Money in the Bank 2011, SummerSlam 2013, WrestleMania XXX, and Takeover: R Evolution. I'll throw in the Styles debut with that group too. ROH needs to start producing some memorable moments too, as WWE has left them in the dust for that category as well.
Come on Sonic I haven't seen one person here say that there hasn't been a problem or some issues, there obviously has and there obviously is. What I am personally getting tired of is this serial narrative that everything about ROH is just shit, that one event isn't good, the matches suck etc, etc. I have thankfully watched ROH from the first event and I have seen the awful and I have seen the great, and at the moment ROH has hit a sticky patch but I have seen real shoots of turning a corner within the last month and that is important and should be commentated on yet it isn't, we are simply seeing a number of articles and podcasts that want to follow a certain criteria without actually looking at the good as well as the bad.

Also critising ROH because the WWE did what they should have been doing for the past ten years is just insane, of course it's a more polished version they have the money. You do realise that for Gabe to achieve the ROH of the past he nearly made someone bankrupt and didn't actually create a company that could survive without Sinclair taking over. Sinclair has a budget and model that they want because they want to see profit and a company worth investing in now or later.

Also just one thing, some of great moments and times in the last three/five years you speak in WWE have come from and because of ROH talent, right now if you took ROH talent out of the WWE where would they be. The fact that ROH has survived and actually had it's most successful financial year last is to me amazing. ROH has an unfair pressure of having to live up to a fantastic history it's also one of the youngest companies out of the top 5/6 in the world yet it's expected to control outcomes of New Japan, it's supposed to compete with WWE etc etc all with a limited budget and a certain idea. This criticism doesn't seem to actually comprehend the actual details and that again is something that pisses me off.

Considering Richards behavior at the time they were right to.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

BurningHammer wrote:Considering Richards behavior at the time they were right to.
Yeah, of all of the examples to use, Sonic chose to pick the guy who buried all the titles, the promotion, and just about everyone but Eddie Edwards and the fans on his way out publicly, forcing ROH to respond on their website. That wasn't a real good thing to do in real life or kayfabe. He buried himself, his character, and, ultimately because of all his behavior, his partner because of it. Didn't he cost himself a shot at WWE because of this, too?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:Considering Richards behavior at the time they were right to.
Yeah, of all of the examples to use, Sonic chose to pick the guy who buried all the titles, the promotion, and just about everyone but Eddie Edwards and the fans on his way out publicly, forcing ROH to respond on their website. That wasn't a real good thing to do in real life or kayfabe. He buried himself, his character, and, ultimately because of all his behavior, his partner because of it. Didn't he cost himself a shot at WWE because of this, too?
I don't know if it cost him a WWE, I seem to remember both Edwards and Richards saying it just didn't work for them financially considering the touring dates etc. Either way Edwards got a proper send off the did the right thing and should and is very appreicated by everyone I don't think the same could be said for Davey Richards.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

There is no narrative that everything ROH does is shitty; only insecure ROHbots view the underbelly publicizing in such fashion. Nobody has criticized the first UK events since 2007. Nobody has criticized bringing in Lio Rush or Kamaitachi.

Pearce deserves as much blame as Sapolsky for the company going nearly bankrupt; their collective runs from October 2006 to August 2010 were a failure to maintain the peak, with both men having their finger off the pulse for various reasons. Don't worry; I'll get around to that period in a few months when my reviews return and I put the booking under a microscope.

I found ROH's public burial of Richards (and WWE towards Punk) to be pretty unprofessional, although there's an argument that it was a necessary evil. That nobody besides attention whore Jim Cornette has mentally aired dirty laundry in the past couple yearshasn't gone unnoticed by me; I was TNA had the same strength in its management team to match that as its ship hs confined to sink in the past 2 years.

Speaking of TNA, every modern ROHbot should heed this die-hard TNA fan and use him as a template when discussing ROH:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... -fighting/

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/statu ... 1868964865

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

imagine think that supersonic opinion matters..
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I do like that last bit of his post though. It's good advice.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

187_Joeism wrote:I took a break from the company and came back and man this place is sad now, from the bitching to the complaining, to the bashing for every little this is all but a ROH forum, some people have the nerves to call this ROH Mecca :lol: antiROH Mecca or ROH Golden era widows is more appropriate.

I don´t think i will keep posting here, had a good time but the world is fucked up already to have to read negative things even when you are trying to get away from it and have some fun talking wrestling.
Hachi machi, that's an incredible burn! What a way to go out. (And I've always had a quiet admiration for your posting, in remaining to your opinions and in a language that is perhaps your second or third [and so on] learned. Enjoy your time elsewhere if you really don't plan on staying.)

Regards to the new crop of talent or lack thereof, I don't see that as ROH's major obstacle. For some time, the way to get over has been to make one's bones in other promotions. For ROH wrestlers to really get over by dint of their work within the promotion, ROH needs to tell stories, slacken the reins on how much the product must be produced (promos, matches, commentary), and just be more interesting.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote:I agree with Fan. There's been all this talk, but other than a couple people leaving due to unhappiness and/or more money elsewhere, nothing noticeable has happened. It's just pointless to even discuss until something actually happens. And before you post that quote you always post, supersonic, just know that I understand you've got the scoopz, but understand until it's actually something and not just "this might or might not happen," then I don't give a shit.
I, too, find it rather annoying when people say crap like "there is more going on here than meets the eye" or make reference to knowing cryptic sh*t that they can't post yet. I don't care what you know or don't know, but if you don't feel comfortable posting it, please refrain from mentioning the fact that you know something but can't post it. I come here for news and discussion, not cryptic bullsh*t that doesn't allow for either of those things.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Big Red Machine wrote:
TYFDK wrote:I agree with Fan. There's been all this talk, but other than a couple people leaving due to unhappiness and/or more money elsewhere, nothing noticeable has happened. It's just pointless to even discuss until something actually happens. And before you post that quote you always post, supersonic, just know that I understand you've got the scoopz, but understand until it's actually something and not just "this might or might not happen," then I don't give a shit.
I, too, find it rather annoying when people say crap like "there is more going on here than meets the eye" or make reference to knowing cryptic sh*t that they can't post yet. I don't care what you know or don't know, but if you don't feel comfortable posting it, please refrain from mentioning the fact that you know something but can't post it. I come here for news and discussion, not cryptic bullsh*t that doesn't allow for either of those things.
But don't worry, supersonic can, so he will, keep posting it. So you can keep looking forward to it!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Jesus you people are so fucking thin skinned. It's not like supersonic is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read his posts. He puts the information out there for you to either digest or don't. It's your choice. Whining about his content is short sighted and self inflicted. I have zero sympathy because this forum is opinion based. If you need your information breast fed to you either ignore his posts or quit bitching.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Jesus you people are so fucking thin skinned. It's not like supersonic is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read his posts. He puts the information out there for you to either digest or don't. It's your choice. Whining about his content is short sighted and self inflicted. I have zero sympathy because this forum is opinion based. If you need your information breast fed to you either ignore his posts or quit bitching.
I generally enjoy your posts, Mojo, so don't take this personally...but you're effectively asking people to stop expressing their opinions (about Sonic's posts) by arguing that everyone should be able to freely post whatever they choose. To your point, it's an opinion-based forum. You can't have it both ways.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/mikepwinsider/statu ... 6665418752

I'll keep Radican's heeding in mind when reading the transcript/summary.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

supersonic wrote: Don't worry; I'll get around to that period in a few months when my reviews return and I put the booking under a microscope.
Oh, phew, was getting quite worried already, but thanks, man, I'm fine again now!
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

supersonic wrote:There is no narrative that everything ROH does is shitty; only insecure ROHbots view the underbelly publicizing in such fashion. Nobody has criticized the first UK events since 2007. Nobody has criticized bringing in Lio Rush or Kamaitachi.

Pearce deserves as much blame as Sapolsky for the company going nearly bankrupt; their collective runs from October 2006 to August 2010 were a failure to maintain the peak, with both men having their finger off the pulse for various reasons. Don't worry; I'll get around to that period in a few months when my reviews return and I put the booking under a microscope.

I found ROH's public burial of Richards (and WWE towards Punk) to be pretty unprofessional, although there's an argument that it was a necessary evil. That nobody besides attention whore Jim Cornette has mentally aired dirty laundry in the past couple yearshasn't gone unnoticed by me; I was TNA had the same strength in its management team to match that as its ship hs confined to sink in the past 2 years.

Speaking of TNA, every modern ROHbot should heed this die-hard TNA fan and use him as a template when discussing ROH:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... -fighting/

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/statu ... 1868964865

I also don't really see many people bringing up those positives to balance the argument or their opinions, like I say it is a narative to present to you and others who enjoy such things to follow and listen. To me feeding into this and enjoying it is just as bad as being a ROHbot or whatever you want to call a blinded fan. There is never a middle ground of maybe both are wrong or ROH just might be right, apparently whatever Raddican has to say has to believed and whatever Kelly says is company line or just a plain lie.

Just to say Maybe I am ROHbot but I still think i'm pretty fair in my assessment of the product, I may say more possitive or be fine with certain areas where others aren't but I still feel I give a fair review of the product. I have also gone to the extent sending a five page letter to Joe Koff and spoke with him about the issues that surround the company/product.

I personally don't think anyone should be burying anyone whether a wrestler or a promotion it stinks and shouldn't happen the same goes for dirt shirts. Unless someone is committing criminal activities and trying to hide I don't particularly think that a booking change or "the internal politics" of a wrestling company should be broadcasted, again it just feels seedy, petty and generally unwarranted. It's the same with people bringing up relationships with wrestlers or whoever, who does it affect generally, no one really and so what if they are it's none of our business.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh god...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

There has supposedly been a "boogie man" out there but these VOW guys literally never say what/who it is and why we should care. Is there a way to mute conversations or threads with "VOW", "Voices of Wrestling", etc.? This is literally so dumb.
Why would the source be revealed and risk getting him/her canned/blackballed?

The "boogeyman" from what I've been told is someone that is either under contract or employment to ROH, and also has a history of working (either on-screen or behind-the-scenes) in at least one other federation that has suffered from turmoil (be it politically, financially, and/or other flavors of turmoil.) No further hints will be provided, so feel free to speculate away or disapprove of my choice to share this. I will not confirm or deny the root source.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:Company line?

Office Stakeholders

Delirious - Doesn't speak to press
Kevin Kelly - ultimate positivity
Joe Koff - Relatively honest assessments to media (Realistic on position v. WWE, realistic on WOH, optimistic in other areas)
Office Guy Greg - Doesn't speak to press (I think?)
Jeff Jones - Doesn't speak to press (I think?)
Christopher Daniels - Only talks wrestling and comics

Recently departed talent:

George Carroll - Complimentary to ROH
The Bennetts - Nothing but complimentary to ROH
Moose - Nothing but complimentary
Cedric - Relatively muted but complimentary to ROH
Strong - Nothing but complimentary to ROH

This is why these rumors are so weird/inconsequential. Everyone had been nothing but professional. ROH has always run a pretty consistent ship in terms of "no drama", at least since the Elgin stuff in 2014. Even the folks that have been let go or moved on don't run ROH through the ringer.

There has supposedly been a "boogie man" out there but these VOW guys literally never say what/who it is and why we should care. Is there a way to mute conversations or threads with "VOW", "Voices of Wrestling", etc.? This is literally so dumb.

I come here to talk about ROH. This is just weird conjecture that is literally about nothing.
It's very common not to talk negatively about a promotion you've recently worked for until well after the dust has settled. AJ Styles even is fairly kind in his commentary on TNA. Just because these guys who have recently left haven't said anything negative doesn't mean they don't have negative thoughts. They're being professional.

Pretending everything is hunky dory just because no one in their position is saying anything is delusional. Don't be Mecca.
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

187_Joeism wrote:I took a break from the company and came back and man this place is sad now, from the bitching to the complaining, to the bashing for every little this is all but a ROH forum, some people have the nerves to call this ROH Mecca :lol: antiROH Mecca or ROH Golden era widows is more appropriate.

I don´t think i will keep posting here, had a good time but the world is fucked up already to have to read negative things even when you are trying to get away from it and have some fun talking wrestling.
This.

I've never been a very active user, but I enjoyed reading this board. I just don't anymore and it's so sad because it has nothing to do with the ROH product. I like ROH. They obviously make mistakes just like everybody else, but I don't understand why people who continually bash them for the stupidiest things keep posting here.

For instance, I dislike WWE for a lot a reasons. Yes, I laugh about it when they put Shane in charge 24 hours after his Wrestlemania loss. Yes, I may share a fun meme with a friend or two. But no, I don't spend my time bashing WWE on a WWE based forum. That's so easy to understand.

I don't miss the old ROH because wrestling has evolved (well, regressed thanks to HHH's penis envy, but that's another story). But I do miss people who would buy a DVD, watch it and then spend some time online to share their opinions with other fellows. All I see today is people that get everything for free and refuse to build a decent conversation because they would be forced to use more than 140 characters. Not a fan.

Shouts out to 187_Joeism, The Dragon Saga and Burnside. I have enjoyed reading your thoughts.