Review for Glory By Honor VI Night 2

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Chris Hero vs. El Generico

The entire SNS entourage is here. While this was when Hero was goofing around to near Cabana like antics, he kept them to a bit of a minimum and thus, the match was quite good.

***1/4

Kevin Steen & Delirious vs. Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer

Um, yeah, Hangmen 3 and Steen with Delirious instead of Generico. Okay for the both meh H3 and that Streen and Deli don't team.

**3/4

Austin Aries vs. Shane Hagadron

Shane issued an open challenge. He is quickly put down.

SQUASH

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Pretty good match with the pair, but didn't go up to that super duper level it could have.

***1/2

ROH World Tag Team Title Match: The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs. Age of the Fall (Jimmy Jacobs & Necro Butcher.)

Disqualification in the opening minute. So we know it's going to be NO DQ later in the show because of it. Why not just make it that in the first place instead of dragging things out this way?

Tyler Black vs. Alex Payne

Another squash. There were times when I don't know what Gabe was smoking. I know everyone has bad ideas from time to time, but you don't need 2 squashes on a huge card.

SQUASH

Takeshi Morishima vs. Bryan Danielson

Probably the weakest of their awesome series. Which is saying something since it's still nice and brutal. This felt more like an angle to build up the no DQ match which would be held at a later date.

***1/2

No Remorse Corps (Roderick Strong & Davey Richards & Rocky Romero) vs. The Vulture Squad (Jack Evans & Jigsaw & Ruckus)

This was much better than I thought it would be. Aside from one heat segment on Jigsaw (which was well done), these guys had a great fast pace which they kept up way longer than I thought they would. Definitely one of the high points for the VS.

***3/4

Chris Hero vs. Austin Aries

It probably would have made more sense to have the two guys in squash matches fight one another, even if Black was still new. But Hero is able to put in his second good performance of the night.

***1/2

GHC Heavyweight Title Match: Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs. KENTA

I've been watching a bit of late 80's mid 90's AJP stuff, and am appreciating Misawa more than I already did. No, this isn't that version in the ring, but he's still Misawa and it's a kick seeing him in ROH. KENTA is of course, KENTA, and elevates it beyond that.

****. Loved it.

And, oh yeah, like we knew would happen.

No DQ ROH World Tag Team Title Match: The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs. Age of the Fall (Jimmy Jacobs & Necro Butcher.)

I usually don't care that much for these things, but damn Jimmy and Necro took some crazy bumps. I boost it a 1/4 star for that.

***3/4

Overall: **** rather than 3 3/4 because this was the only weekend Misawa was in ROH, and it's extra worth having for that bit of history. If I recall correctly, I think the previous night was a bit better.