Briscoes Open Challenge at ASE7

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Stanley1994

Briscoes Open Challenge at ASE7

Post by Stanley1994 »

Who do you guys think will show up for the Briscoes' challenge? Will it be an established team on the roster like Kingdom, War Machine etc or a team from outside the company? It's a long shot but I'd love to see MCMG show up, especially since they've gone one win apiece between them and the Briscoes and we've never gotten our tiebreaker.
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: Briscoes Open Challenge at ASE7

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

MCMG are not a tag team anymore. I guess the most likely team will be The Decade. Personally, I'd love to see Aries and Strong answering the challenge. Wouldn't mind Roddy dominating the tag division after being vanquished by Lethal.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

you people say the decade but,adam page and what else? colby a surpirse for a ppv? hell no

i hope for something new or good... idk

KES maybe
WHG

Post by WHG »

The War Machine vs. KES match for the GHC Tag Team titles in Osaka was announced for 9/19, so it's a safe bet neither of those teams will be on the show.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

didn't MCMG do something for a GFW taping recently or am I imagining that?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

They are not hyping this as a big deal, and I think that if you expect a big deal you will probably be let down.

Adam Page and Colby Corino is the most likely answer. Past PPV mystery opponents have included the Guardians of Truth and a flaming book that didn't work properly.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

IchaelMelgin wrote:didn't MCMG do something for a GFW taping recently or am I imagining that?
I believe that was Kushida and Sabin
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Yes, but had they advertised flaming book that didn't work properly, would they have sold more tickets? I mean, in my eyes flaming book that didn't work properly is the real Mr. ROH.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Flaming book that didn't work properly was never used correctly in ROH. It just jobbed and jobbed and turned from face to heel seemingly at random until it finally asked for its release. Fast forward three years and that same flaming, malfunctioning book is having 4-star matches in PWG and sleeping with the Four Horsewomen. Who looks stupid now?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Flaming Book?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

At least one team has accepted the challenge...
‏@DevastationCorp 27m27 minutes ago
We accept!!! Send the plane tickets
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

In all honesty I wouldn't mind Dickenson and Jaka as the Doom Patrol. Haven't seen a ton of them together, but they looked good when they were.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DBSommer wrote:In all honesty I wouldn't mind Dickenson and Jaka as the Doom Patrol. Haven't seen a ton of them together, but they looked good when they were.
x2
WHG

Post by WHG »

A few people on Twitter have noted that the silhouettes in the graphic looks a lot like Haas and Benjamin...and it really does. Not sure if they'd post a legit silhouette or if it's random and meaningless, but that could make sense. Haas lives in TX and if I recall he still does occasional local Indy shows. There's certainly a history there and I could see it making sense as a one-off appearance or short run to revive their fued with the Briscoes.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

WHG wrote:A few people on Twitter have noted that the silhouettes in the graphic looks a lot like Haas and Benjamin...and it really does. Not sure if they'd post a legit silhouette or if it's random and meaningless, but that could make sense. Haas lives in TX and if I recall he still does occasional local Indy shows. There's certainly a history there and I could see it making sense as a one-off appearance or short run to revive their fued with the Briscoes.
I'd rather see the Flaming Book in a handicap match.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

For the love of god, please no Haas and Benjamin.

The only way I won't mind Haas being in an ROH ring again, is if he jobs to Cheeseburger. No ands, ifs or buts.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It'll be Mamaluke & Rinauro, brother.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'd hate Haas and Benjamin in one sense, as every shoot interview done by any ROH roster member asked about them has said at least Haas was a disrespectful dick, but at the same time, It'd be something to get the casual fanbase interested.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I don't think a lot of the casuals would still really know Haas and Benjamin, let alone get interested in a PPV because they are on it.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Haas is retired anyway ain't he?