Briscoes Open Challenge at ASE7

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AndyDiaz

Re: Briscoes Open Challenge at ASE7

Post by AndyDiaz »

TYFDK wrote:
DBSommer wrote:Are Everett and Lee booked anywhere that weekend? They were using Everett on most of the shows, inlcuding on the big cards, if I remember when he was injured, and he and Lee have worked together before. Would be a good opportunity to reintroduce him and show off Lee, while they wouldn't look weak for losing.
I've been wanting these two in since forever. PLEASE be them.
It would be great for them to debut as a team, but I doubt it. Saw somewhere here I think that Everett called or emailed ROH and they didn't get back to him or something like that. And if Lee's going to continue doing the TNA stuff it might be a conflict where he can't ROH maybe, idk.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

World's Cutest Tag Team!!!!!!!!!

Yea OK. Guess not
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

AndyDiaz wrote: It would be great for them to debut as a team, but I doubt it. Saw somewhere here I think that Everett called or emailed ROH and they didn't get back to him or something like that. And if Lee's going to continue doing the TNA stuff it might be a conflict where he can't ROH maybe, idk.
Oh yeah. If Lee is anywhere near GWF/TNA, then he's not coming. And in any case, I was just throwing the idea out. Didn't really think it was them, but it would have been fun.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

I've sadly given up on ROH bringing outside talent i.e Lee, Everett etc. I took so long for Monster Mafia, and Dickinson to get on a few shows. It seems like they only use people who pay money for the tryout camps. It's a shame.
PoyzunTiiiger

Post by PoyzunTiiiger »

World's Cutest Tag-Team would be dope as fuck. Or Roderick Strong and Jack Evans.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that jay interactions with romantic touch..

anx for me take more chances
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kenny King has a contract with TNA so...
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Romantic Touch came out after Jay Briscoe's match last night to hand him roses and chocolates. There's gotta be something to that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:Romantic Touch came out after Jay Briscoe's match last night to hand him roses and chocolates. There's gotta be something to that.
That has to be leading to something. It's one thing to do a brief video on Youtube, it's another to actually do it on an actual show.

I know Rhett Titus has been mentioned here already, but one thing I could see happening is that Rhett Titus could become the newest member of The Decade (as much as people would dislike that), making it The Briscoes vs. Adam Page & Rhett Titus. There is a history between BJ Whitmer & Rhett Titus, plus, the latter has been in the company for almost a decade at this point, or is getting close (wasn't he working ring crew as early as '06?), so him being in there makes sense.

Again, I don't think it's a popular idea by any means, but it is a possible direction.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Romantic Touch came out after Jay Briscoe's match last night to hand him roses and chocolates. There's gotta be something to that.
That has to be leading to something. It's one thing to do a brief video on Youtube, it's another to actually do it on an actual show.

I know Rhett Titus has been mentioned here already, but one thing I could see happening is that Rhett Titus could become the newest member of The Decade (as much as people would dislike that), making it The Briscoes vs. Adam Page & Rhett Titus. There is a history between BJ Whitmer & Rhett Titus, plus, the latter has been in the company for almost a decade at this point, or is getting close (wasn't he working ring crew as early as '06?), so him being in there makes sense.

Again, I don't think it's a popular idea by any means, but it is a possible direction.
Makes a lot of sense.

EDIT: As goofy a gimmick Romantic Touch is, I've always found it very entertaining. He may be a bit bland but I have no problem with Rhett Titus, as Romantic Touch or himself.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Maybe it's just Delirious trying to make us think he will be involved in this match, like when he tried to fool everyone with "Matt" joining The Kingdom.
The character Romantic Touch doesn't fit in The Decade at all and he only interacted with Jay twice.
I don't think he will turn heel, remove his mask and join The Decade right away with practically no reason.
It's not impossible he gets rid of Romantic Touch to join them later, for now it doesn't make sense, especially when you consider that Romantic Touch has been in ROH for 2 years.
He could only be in The Decade as a young boy, unless he reveals he is Rhett Titus and wrestle in ROH since 2006.
ImageImage
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

AssShooter wrote:Maybe it's just Delirious trying to make us think he will be involved in this match, like when he tried to fool everyone with "Matt" joining The Kingdom.
The character Romantic Touch doesn't fit in The Decade at all and he only interacted with Jay twice.
I don't think he will turn heel, remove his mask and join The Decade right away with practically no reason.
It's not impossible he gets rid of Romantic Touch to join them later, for now it doesn't make sense, especially when you consider that Romantic Touch has been in ROH for 2 years.
He could only be in The Decade as a young boy, unless he reveals he is Rhett Titus and wrestle in ROH since 2006.
It might be the reveal part, though, since BJ's on the shelf for who knows how long and Colby can't go. They might want someone able to go to be in the Decade right away (and not go through the 'Young Boy' process, which Colby is right now). In that case, you've got Rhett whose only storylines were he liked Veda (which was wisely put aside in favor of the much larger and better 'The Streak' angle), and Matt Taven impersonated him, which garnered RT a TV Title shot. He had his tag team with BJ, so there's that connection. I'd rather not see him move back up the card since even at his best I never thought he was that good, and even than it was solely in tag teams. But I don't think these are totally random.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Delirious always does this type of thing and people still fooling into it. He did the same with KRD doing Kingdom moves, Matt joining the Kingdom, etc.

I don´t think The Decade or The Romantic Touch are the mystery tag
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well based on the results from Chicago Ridge, Adam Page is apparently injured, so I'm guessing any combination of The Decade is out all-together.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

187_Joeism wrote:Delirious always does this type of thing and people still fooling into it. He did the same with KRD doing Kingdom moves, Matt joining the Kingdom, etc.

Oh no. I knew 'Matt' would be Taven. That was telegraphed. Likewise the KRD weren't the Kingdom (while I was leaning toward the Addiction, it could have been a number of scenarios). You're probably correct, but I'm thinking he's going to end up doing something with Titus since he's been using him.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

It seems pretty clear at this point that it's Titus & somebody. Either a returning Kenny King or a new partner.

There may or may not be Nana involvement.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been begging for a Romantic Touch & Caprice Coleman tag team managed by Prince Nana the last couple years.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

DBSommer wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Delirious always does this type of thing and people still fooling into it. He did the same with KRD doing Kingdom moves, Matt joining the Kingdom, etc.

Oh no. I knew 'Matt' would be Taven. That was telegraphed. Likewise the KRD weren't the Kingdom (while I was leaning toward the Addiction, it could have been a number of scenarios). You're probably correct, but I'm thinking he's going to end up doing something with Titus since he's been using him.
With Matt it was obvious that was Taven, but remember a lot of people complaining about the KRD being the Kingdom and how it was stupid revealing it by doing their moves.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Nobody bought the Kingdom as possible KRD members
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I'll admit, when The Kingdom wore masks and attacked the participants of the 13YA fourway, I thought that was the actual reveal until nothing came of it.

But if that's me being worked, it didn't really favour ROH. It just made me hate that match even more and less enthusiastic about the product. Then when the actual KRD reveal happened, I was just glad it wasn't really The Kingdom, rather than a real positive response.

So Delirious fooled me...good for him?
Last Real Man Hype