Briscoes Open Challenge at ASE7

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Marketh.

Re: Briscoes Open Challenge at ASE7

Post by Marketh. »

I highly doubt it's WGTT, because I can say with an OCD-like level of certainty I've seen them use their silhouettes before in other mystery challenges.
Last Real Man Hype
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Yeah, those are the standard "mystery guy" silhouettes that ROH has been using in graphics for the past 4-5 years. They may actually be based on WGTT, but it doesn't mean that's who's coming.

I would love it if it was them, by the way. But it would be weird because I'm 90% sure that the Decade gimmick is based on Haas, especially Whitmer's character.

Haas is/was good friends with the Briscoes, so there's that.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

anx?

Last edited by monster mafia on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Please no.
Last Real Man Hype
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

If it's not killer elite squad, then it should be a couple of luchadors.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

monster mafia wrote:anx?

ANX would truly be a good surprise. Rhett Titus has not been doing much at all since Kenny King left ROH. The Romantic Touch character has just been a jobber since day one.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Marketh. wrote:Please no.

Allow me to reinterate: Oh hell, no. I've actually rewatched a few ANX matches and they aren't as good as I remember them being. Aside from the fact there is nothing about them I want to see anyway.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm hoping for the return of the Guardians of Truth.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

ANX were my shit near the end of their run. Consistent as shit for good matches.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I think the exact opposite. King botched several times in the match they finally won the tag titles, including the finish. He also became quite prone to botching in other matches. And then there was Titus who gained weight and slowed down due to injury, making his match quality suffer. The end of their run was them at their worst.
Last Real Man Hype
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The Bucks are advertised but we've seen that match before and if it's them it would go over like a fart in church for my tastes. I see the Bucks either teaming with AJ for a six man or teaming against a combination of Strong, Elgin, Cole with the odd man out wrestling Styles.
War Machine aren't advertised, and again we've seen that match too many times earlier in the year.
Page & Whitmer aren't advertised right now, they would make sense as Page is beginning this feud with Jay.
Hope it's KES though. Would love to see Anderson & Gallows come too for a rematch from War of the Worlds 2014.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

dhads7161 wrote:The Bucks are advertised but we've seen that match before and if it's them it would go over like a fart in church for my tastes..
They already scheduled Bucks vs. Briscoes for PA.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

dhads7161 wrote:The Bucks are advertised but we've seen that match before and if it's them it would go over like a fart in church for my tastes. I see the Bucks either teaming with AJ for a six man or teaming against a combination of Strong, Elgin, Cole with the odd man out wrestling Styles.
War Machine aren't advertised, and again we've seen that match too many times earlier in the year.
Page & Whitmer aren't advertised right now, they would make sense as Page is beginning this feud with Jay.
Hope it's KES though. Would love to see Anderson & Gallows come too for a rematch from War of the Worlds 2014.
According to Meltzer and some spoilers, it won't be The Bucks and AJ won't be on a six man tag.
War Machine will be in Japan at this time, they will face the KES.
It could be Page & Whitmer but Whitmer is probably still injured, Colby Corino could take his place.
I don't think it will be them anyway, considering Page already have his match granted against Jay the next day.
I would be ok with Karl Anderson returning with a partner, but please no Gallows, he is absolutely awful and because of him Anderson is totally wasted.
I really hope they introduce a new tag team.
ImageImage
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

They're in San Antonio. Is there any possibility that it's a team from Mexico?
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I'm going to make a slightly bold prediction and say that the open challenge will be answered by Adam Page and Corey Hollis. ROH has been using Hollis a little more recently and Page and Hollis are a tag team elsewhere on the indy scene so maybe Hollis will be joining the decade.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

The Dragon Saga wrote:ANX were my shit near the end of their run. Consistent as shit for good matches.
I enjoyed them, too. I would also want AA back as their manager for that match.
Wedge

Post by Wedge »

Strong/Aries would be interesting. After Jack Evans BOLA performance, maybe a Gen. Next Reunion (Sydal)? I could see a faction warfare/Trios Tournament storyline in the future.
Cole/Fish/O'Reilly
Bullet Club
Decade
CHAOS
KRD
Gen. Next
HOT
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

I hoping for Strong and Aries or ANX. If it were CHAOS, or another NJPW team, ROH would advertise that.

I wouldn't mind WGTT, if only to see Shelton wrestle.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Big Red Machine wrote:They're in San Antonio. Is there any possibility that it's a team from Mexico?
If they want to promote and expend their partnership with CMLL, it isn't impossible.
If they still bring a spanish announce team that would be even better.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

If they had Austin Aries on this show they would not keep it a secret.