Field of Honor 2015 Review

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Field of Honor 2015 Review

Post by Big Red Machine »

ROH Field of Honor 2015 (8/22/2015)- Brooklyn, NY

TAELER HENDRIX PLAYS CATCH WITH THE HONOR COW- And by “plays catch” I mean she threw a baseball to him once. I’m not sure why this was here other than to get the newest member of the roster on screen.

The Honor Cow joins Kevin Kelly on commentary because he is really Steve Corino. Corino was SOOOOO excited to be the Honor Cow he makes me wish they would schlep the suit to every city they come to. Also, Honor Cow>Stomper. Suck it, TNA!

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. ADAM COLE- 6.75/10
I LOVE Daniels’ “ring general” get-up. It’s so outrageous that only Christopher Daniels could make it work. They had a fun opener. I’m a little disappointed at how often the tag champs are losing, even in singles matches. I did like Sabin interfering, though, as it keeps him relevant while he is on the shelf.

WAR MACHINE vs. KILLER ELITE SQUAD- 6.75/10
Big guys hitting each other very hard.

GAUNTLET MATCH FOR A SHOT AT THE ROH TV TITLE ON SEP. 19TH IN SAN ANTONIO: Adam Page (w/Colby Corino) vs. Dalton Castle (w/his boys) vs. Frankie Kazarian (w/Chris Sabin) vs. Silas Young vs. Luke Williams vs. Moose (w/Stokely Hathaway) vs. Donovan Dijak (w/the House of Truth) vs. Cedric Alexander (w/Veda Scott) vs. Takaaki Watanabe- 6.25/10
Before the match, Page cut a promo calling out Jay Briscoe.
Steve Corino excused himself from commentary for this match to avoid being riled up by the sight of BJ Whitmer & Colby. Speaking of those two, they were SOOOO awesome celebrating together on the outside after Colby successfully interfered without getting caught. It came across exactly like a father congratulating his ten year old son after hitting a home run.
I was very unhappy with how weakly Kazarian was booked here. The guys supposed to be a f*cking champion and he can’t beat an undercard schmoe like Dalton Castle when he is fresh while Castle has not only already wrestled, but is also suffering from a post-match attack?! Come on!
Bushwhacker Luke was VERY fat. They did the famous Royal Rumble spot to get him counted out as he walked around the bases. The live crowd loved it, but it was extremely boring on DVD.
Moose and Dijak had an eh hoss fight. Then Dijak started pulling out some high-flying stuff. This… could have been better.
This whole thing was just a bunch of meh segments sandwiched between and a good match in the beginning and short, competent match at the end. It really felt more like they were just finding thing for guys on the card to do than like they had any real plans for anything in this match to have actual conqsequences.

ACH, MATT SYDAL, & THE YOUNG BUCKS vs. ROPPONGI VICE & THE KINGDOM (w/Maria Kanellis)- 7/10
Steve Corino was back on commentary but Matt Taven took his cow head and did something very inappropriate to it.
This was your goofy hijinks turn your brain off spotfest for the evening. It was fun for what it was.

MICHAEL ELGIN vs. HIROOKI GOTO- 7.75/10
A great ROH debut for Goto, but I was hoping for a little more.

THE BRISCOES vs. TIME SPLITTERS- 7.75/10
And just think of how much better it could have been if Shelley hadn’t had his teeth cracked early on.

KAZUCHIKA OKADA vs. RODERICK STRONG- 9/10
FANTASTIC MATCH!

reDRagon vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA & JAY LETHAL (w/the House of Truth)- 8.25/10
GREAT action, but the thing that made this match for me was the interaction between Lethal and Nakamura. They were both just completely fantastic. I really hated the finish, though. Why would you have Lethal cleanly defeat one of his challengers at the upcoming PPV?!
Nakamura offered Lethal a handshake after their victory but Lethal snubbed him. I hope this actually goes somewhere.

An AWESOME show from ROH, with a ton of great matches on the undercard leading to two AWESOME matches on the top!