Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ring of Honor returns to San Antonio for a huge PPV event!

ROH All-Star Extravaganza VII: Night 1
San Antonio, Texas 9/18/15

- ROH World Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- ROH World TV Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. Bobby Fish
- ROH World Tag Team Titles - The Addiction vs. The Kingdom vs. The Young Bucks
- #1 Contender's Four-Corner Survival - "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong vs. Adam Cole vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- Best of Five Series: Match #3 - ACH vs. Matt Sydal
- The Briscoes vs. A Mystery Team
- No DQ Match - Cedric Alexander (with Veda Scott) vs. Moose (with Stokely Hathaway)
- The Boys vs. Silas Young becoming one of Dalton's Boys - Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young

Keep all discussions here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Interesting development regarding the PPV...
‏@ringofhonor 6h6 hours ago
The winner of tonight's #BucksVsAddiction ROH WTTC match will face #TheKingdom at #ASE7 Live on PPV Fri 9/18
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Interesting development regarding the PPV...
‏@ringofhonor 6h6 hours ago
The winner of tonight's #BucksVsAddiction ROH WTTC match will face #TheKingdom at #ASE7 Live on PPV Fri 9/18
young bucks clap clap
young bucks clap clap
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Anyone think Jay is walking out with both titles?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

The only scenario I can imagine would be Fish losing the TV title match, and then becoming frustrated, also because O'Reilly has already made Lethal tap on multiple occasions, almost guaranteeing that Kyle is taking he title home, so he costs him he match
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

jordidebaas wrote:The only scenario I can imagine would be Fish losing the TV title match, and then becoming frustrated, also because O'Reilly has already made Lethal tap on multiple occasions, almost guaranteeing that Kyle is taking he title home, so he costs him he match
Vince Russo doesn't book ROH.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Maybe Fish takes the TV title, but I don't think Lethal is losing the World title this fast.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Lethal's walking away with both. The stuff with Fish is just good buildup to a title match, like they should be doing more often.
Last Real Man Hype
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I think Fish wins the TV belt at the start of the show, yet Lethal manages to retain against O'Reilly via ref stoppage or any other non-screw finish that keeps Kyle strong. That's how all three come away looking strong.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Lethal keeping both belts was such an awful idea.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I don't see him losing the World Title at all.
I think there's a very good chance Fish wins the TV Title. It's time for Lethal to drop both belts, and the fact that Lethal lost to one member of reDRagon already would help set up a rematch with O'Reilly at Final Battle. I see O'Reilly losing here in a strong fashion, and winning SOTF to justify another shot.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

So if they are trying to build up to a Bobby Fish TV Title shot, why did Lethal pin Fish at Field of Honor? This seems like a pretty clear indication that Fish isn't winning.
Big Red Machine

Thelone wrote:Lethal keeping both belts was such an awful idea.
It makes getting the two titles away from each other very difficult as whenever Lethal loses the first one, he would need a rematch in which, if he loses, the new TV champ would then be entitled to a world title match, and if Lethal wins that match, he would have then beaten the TV champ and thus deserves another TV title shot and the circle continues.
It almost necessitates a quick title change away from the guy who takes the title from Lethal just after the rematch and that guy then going after the world title just to break the cycle.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Big Red Machine wrote:
It makes getting the two titles away from each other very difficult as whenever Lethal loses the first one, he would need a rematch in which, if he loses, the new TV champ would then be entitled to a world title match, and if Lethal wins that match, he would have then beaten the TV champ and thus deserves another TV title shot and the circle continues.
It almost necessitates a quick title change away from the guy who takes the title from Lethal just after the rematch and that guy then going after the world title just to break the cycle.
I think they'll handle it one of 2 ways:

1) Lethal remains the TV Champion the entire time he's World Champion. After losing the World title, he's kept strong by having defended two titles and for holding the TV title for at that point probably close to 2 years. The lack of midcard title for someone else in the meantime is a problem, but everyone (including me) assumed that Lethal is dropping the TV title soon and I'm not so sure that'll be the case.

2) Lethal loses the TV title and immediately ignores it or even runs down the title as something he doesn't care about anymore now that he has the World title. It'd be delusional similar to his view on the World title before he won it and would make sense in character. I don't think he gets or needs a rematch.

I actually love him having both because it's completely different from anything we've seen before and makes the title scenes very unpredictable and fun.
Big Red Machine

WHG wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I think they'll handle it one of 2 ways:

1) Lethal remains the TV Champion the entire time he's World Champion. After losing the World title, he's kept strong by having defended two titles and for holding the TV title for at that point probably close to 2 years. The lack of midcard title for someone else in the meantime is a problem, but everyone (including me) assumed that Lethal is dropping the TV title soon and I'm not so sure that'll be the case.

2) Lethal loses the TV title and immediately ignores it or even runs down the title as something he doesn't care about anymore now that he has the World title. It'd be delusional similar to his view on the World title before he won it and would make sense in character. I don't think he gets or needs a rematch.

I actually love him having both because it's completely different from anything we've seen before and makes the title scenes very unpredictable and fun.
Both of those are great ideas, but I really like #1. That'd be a great way to create a "two top titles" situation. You could even have Lethal demand to be the main event because his title reign has been so much longer than the world champ's.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

WHG wrote:2) Lethal loses the TV title and immediately ignores it or even runs down the title as something he doesn't care about anymore now that he has the World title. It'd be delusional similar to his view on the World title before he won it and would make sense in character. I don't think he gets or needs a rematch.
They should have done something like "I'll defend the TV title only on TV, and the world title on (i)PPV for the world to see". That way, you give people an incentive to buy (i)PPVs because this is the only way they're going to see a world title defense for the time being, but also a good reason to watch the TV show regularly because you might miss a title change if you don't.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Big Red Machine wrote:
It makes getting the two titles away from each other very difficult as whenever Lethal loses the first one, he would need a rematch .
Why? Plenty of champs have dropped a title and never gotten a rematch. Jay's a heel. He can make any excuse he wants to 'lose interest' in the TV Title.

"Jay Lethal makes titles great: titles do not make Jay Lethal great. Once that TV title was wrapped around Bobby Fish's waist, it went back to being the worthless piece of tin it was before it was around mine. Sure, I could beat him and wear it again, that loss was a [insert excuse] but why bother? I've already made my point. I am the greatest champ ROH has ever had. I'm the only dual champ ROH has ever had. I don't need to repeat myself by doing it again. I have nothing to prove. No one, including Bobby Fish, can elevate that second rate piece of crap the way I did. But it'll amuse me to watch him try and fail."
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

WHG wrote:
Both of your ideas are really good. I like them! I agree Lethal having both titles is great because it causes so much unpredictability.

I think ROH is building toward O'Reily v Lethal at Final Battle with O'Reily winning the WHC. I think Cole turns on him at some point building towards a Cole/O'Reily feud. I think Cole goes more and more face before turning on O'Reily right when the crowd buys Cole as a huge babyface.

I would like to see a scenario where O'Reily and Fish have the WHC, TV, and tag titles all in RedDragon. That way everyone is coming after them and they have to defend from all sides.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/brisco ... enge-ase-7

The Best Wrestling on the Planet, Ring of Honor, returns to live Pay Per View on Friday Night September 18 with All Star Extravaganza VII. This even will take place in historic San Antonio at the Shrine Auditorium.

The Briscoes are back in the tag team division! After Jay Briscoe’s 2nd reign as ROH World Champion ended, most people questioned what he would do next! He sat down with his brother Mark and they talked about their history as record setting 8x ROH World Tag Team Champions. This soul searching has lead the Briscoes to declare they are back for one thing and one thing only: to become the 9-time ROH World Tag Team Champions.

The Delaware natives are out to prove that they are still the baddest tag team on the planet. To back it up, they have decided to issue an open challenge to any and all tag teams. It doesn’t matter if it is Former ROH World Tag Team Champions, current Champions from anywhere in the world. England, Mexico, Japan, DemBoys don’t care who shows up in San Antonio.

Do they still have it? They certainly believe they do and will bring everything they got at All Star Extravaganza VII. Who will answer the challenge? Tune in or be there to find out!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW - CLICK HERE. IF YOU CAN’T BE THERE LIVE, YOU CAN WATCH LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW.

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS:

ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII
Friday, September 18th, 2015
San Antonio Shrine Auditorium
901 North Loop 1604 West
San Antonio, TX 78232
BELL TIME: 7:30 PM Central Time Zone
LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW 9e / 6p

TICKETS ON SALE NOW - CLICK HERE

**MATCHES ALREADY SIGNED**
Main Event - ROH World Championship
Kyle O'Reilly vs Jay Lethal w/Truth Martini

ROH World Television Championship
Bobby Fish vs ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal w/Truth Martini

Best of 5 Series Match #3
ACH vs #Reborn Matt Sydal

Signed to Appear
ROH World Tag Team Champions The Addiction
“Phenomenal” AJ Styles
Roderick Strong
The Young Bucks
Adam Cole
The Kingdom (Bennett & Taven) w/ Maria
Moose
“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Had they not returned on RAW I would have predicted The Dudleys but that's not gonna happen now. Going to predict either the Von Erichs because they're in Texas which would be alright I guess, or I've an itch The Mighty Don't Kneel. Is Kenny King gone from TNA yet? I'd hate to see him return alone but if it was for an All Night Express reunion id take it. Roddy isn't booked yet either, maybe a Generation Next reunion with Aries?

They have options. Don't see it being underwhelming solely because it's on PPV.