Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
IchaelMelgin

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

Post by IchaelMelgin »

It's a pretty basic, easy to digest swerve. Don't know why TNA is being brought up in this at all
hashtag positivity etc. etc.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Why's that stupid? I'll take a surprise I didn't see coming over the same old heel-face turn. It freshens things up.
Except it didn't freshen a goddamn thing ! We're back to where thing were four months ago.

The turn is stupid because it makes no sense whatsoever and I don't want to hear some shitty excuse like "he's a heel AND THAT'S WHAT THEY DO" or "this was the plan all along" when there was no fucking plan in the first place. Cole vs. O'Reilly isn't going to be this epic blood feud of doom with three months of build-up and a goofy nonsensical swerve.
That right there is an extremely important point that I don't remember anyone bringing up so far. Whatever they do will have this cloud hanging over it because of how this whole thing was set up because they (meaning Kyle, Cole, and the announcers) will all constantly talk about this betrayal, and every time they mention it, people will groan because of how dumb it was.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I'm happy we're going to get Cole/O'Reilly, but yeah, that heel turn didn't made much sense.

Still, very good PPV with bunch of solid matches and Moose/Alexander being the standout. I'm a huge Moose fan and I'm happy to see him finally deliver in the ring. imo, this one was better than Page/ACH two months ago.
Shocked to see King back, and ANX's win was a huge surprise. Glad to see him back because he has a lot to offer and the tag team divison needs new blood desperately. I'm getting sick of the Kingdom/reDRagon/Bucks/Addiction mix.
Lethal's matches were good, but I expected more from the main event. Hopefully this is the last the PPV main event that will have interferences because it's getting annyoing now.
AJ getting a title shot is cool. Hopefully they'll save it for FB because this match has money written all over it.
MOOSE!
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

Sup everyone.. Attended both nights of All Star Extravaganza here in San Antonio.. Great show overall.

Some thoughts:

-The arena staff really fucked up good on night one, a TON of people (including me) were having issues w/ their seats being taken, and not having any intelligent members of the crew available to sort things out.

-The quality of the TV tapings were definitely better than the PPV. Great matches on the tapings, Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Page was sicccccccckkkkk

-Was sitting about four seats from Rhonda Rouseys crew.. No Rousey tonight

-San Antonio continues the push to make Todd Sinclair a top star in RoH.. He gets bigger pops and more chants than most of the talent when they come to San Antonio tbh.. We came ready w/ the "Sinclair Section" signs this time

-The quality of story telling in the Castle vs. Young feud is top notch.. Brilliant feud IMO. Dalton playing the depressed role and not being up to wearing the Peacock getup was hilarious

- Poor Briscoes.. RoH didn't think that having them and the Young Bucks signing autographs withing 20 feet of each other would lead to a line through the door for the Young Bucks and absolutely NOBODY in line for the Briscoes. They looked sad as hell :lol:

-PBK put on a hell of a match prior to the TV tapings starting.. The smaller of the two (not sure of his name) did a picture perfect front flip suicide dive after the crowd started calling for it.. Props to the guy who had to catch his big ass

-Went from being one of the few in the crowd not doing the "MOOSE" chant to being converted by the second night.. He has definitely stepped it up since the last time they were here for TV tapings

-Damn Maria Kanellis is amazing up close.. Body chiseled by God himself

Here are some pics:

Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Who would turn down the chance to talk to The Briscoes? San Antonio's weird.
Last Real Man Hype
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

Lol.. RoH should have set them up inside the main area.. The people in charge were truly ignorant fucks, people were punkinh their stupid asses both nights.
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

IchaelMelgin wrote:Castle losing his boys is DEVASTATING! But the segments for this should be gold and Dalton's chase for his boys back will be a great storyline. Dalton & Silas are golden gimmicks in 2015 who compliment each other perfectly. This was my MOTN

Found the return of ANX a bit meh and don't like them pinning the Briscoes at all. And I can totally do without whatever they're trying to do with Romantic Touch

Moose/Cedric was a pleasant surprise. No as good as the Page/ACH No DQ on the last PPV, but a really fun chaotic match. I've underestimated Moose in the past perhaps.

Some overbooking on the show, but the take away from it with the Cole/O'Reilly stuff was fine. I was enjoying Cole's face run, though I still like this. The red mask in the tag title match was a bit much though. I'm assuming that was Cole?

Not one of my fav ROH supercards of the year though on the whole, like I mentioned, hints of overbooking, plus the crowd didn't sound amazing
Agree about MOTN.. Great feud. And I'm sure Romantic Touch is done now that ANX is back together.
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

JTCole wrote:There was a guy at the recent Atlanta show screaming "FUCK YOU BENNETT" during his match like every 10 seconds.
He drew some heat here in San Antonio.. Called a dude in the front row a "fucking faggot".. Ironic considering his look, but funny nonetheless.
WHG

Post by WHG »

TwelveGs210 wrote:
JTCole wrote:There was a guy at the recent Atlanta show screaming "FUCK YOU BENNETT" during his match like every 10 seconds.
He drew some heat here in San Antonio.. Called a dude in the front row a "fucking faggot".. Ironic considering his look, but funny nonetheless.
Are you sure it was Bennett and not Taven who said that? I don't know Taven at all, but Bennett has historically been very outspoken about gay rights and anti-hate stuff on Twitter and his podcasts. I remember him going off on opposition to gay marriage really strongly to the point where it would shock me if that word came out of his mouth in any context publicly.

Also, I've seen them a bunch of times live and Taven's ringside schtick is always centered on making sexual comments to people (both women and guys) where Bennett's is usually more generic insult type stuff.

Not doubting your story, just want to make sure to confirm because that's pretty irresponsible career-wise for whichever said it.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I'm surprised at the extent to which the booking on this show has cooled my enthusiasm for their product. I'll still watch the free TV, but I think I'm done giving them my money for the time being, until they stop with the bad booking. For me, a lot of wrestling is reliant on anticipation, and right now I'm mostly just anticipating cheap finishes.
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

WHG wrote:
TwelveGs210 wrote:
Are you sure it was Bennett and not Taven who said that? I don't know Taven at all, but Bennett has historically been very outspoken about gay rights and anti-hate stuff on Twitter and his podcasts. I remember him going off on opposition to gay marriage really strongly to the point where it would shock me if that word came out of his mouth in any context publicly.

Also, I've seen them a bunch of times live and Taven's ringside schtick is always centered on making sexual comments to people (both women and guys) where Bennett's is usually more generic insult type stuff.

Not doubting your story, just want to make sure to confirm because that's pretty irresponsible career-wise for whichever said it.
My mistake.. Got them confused. It was Taven not Bennett who called the fan a faggot.
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

It was funny too how on the TV tapings we get the customary request to not make any obscene hand gestures, curse, or throw any streamers after the entrance or after the match, yet Bobby Fish is calling people pieces of shit, Taven is calling fans faggots, Kazarian is flicking us off while on camera, and Daniels is throwing streamers at fans as hard as he could from a few feet away lol. He hit a little girl in the crowd on one of them lol
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Wait, isn't Bobby Fish face?
JTCole wrote:Turning Cole right now just screams Bagwell 1998 heel turn. Sure both guys are better as heels but at least give the face run a shot.
What doesn't scream 17-year-old midcard WCW references?
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Enjoyed most of this event, but agreed that the main event overbooking needs to be out of ROH.

Amusing that many others noticed the ropes jangling. It's one of those things that if you notice it, it probably hasn't been done right.

Didn't care for ANX coming back. Seems like the Briscoes as a team are now just there to be the challenging veteran team that puts other teams over. At least it wasn't Mark taking the loss as per usual (though no champ reputation to sully now). Glad to see Whitmer be annoyed at King coming back. Didn't realize Page got hurt, too. So... Colby wrestles every Decade match now?

In my opinion, they shortchanged the chance for gold storytelling between Silas-Castle. The stipulation of Silas becoming one of Castle's boys should've been a few months down the line, that way fans could enjoy both sides of the stipulation. Still looking forward to seeing what unfolds though.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

I'm looking forward to seeing what unfolds as well. I'm thinking Dalton is eventually going to win his boys back and it's gonna be a huge markout for everyone in attendance when it happens..

..but at the same time they boys are training and probably aren't going to limited to being ottomans forever.

Maybe Dalton eventually gets new boys. Whatever happens, he needs boys back because he just wasn't the same when he came out without them the other night. Didnt even have his peacock suit because nobody was there to peel it off of him :(
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

We already know Dalton has other boys, so I hope it's more that he's in a funk because he doesn't have those boys as opposed to no boys at all. We've seen him come out with those white non-twins a good few times.
Last Real Man Hype
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

I don't see why you'd take the boys off him at all so soon. I mean, obviously he's going to get them back, but he had what, 9 months to get the boys AND the gimmick over? I think they should have saved that stipulation until further down the road, once we've had more of a chance to see what the boys actually do for Castle, and that they are important to him.

I just found out Dalton Castle is the name of an actual castle in England. This is the gimmick that keeps on giving.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

trufreedom wrote:I don't see why you'd take the boys off him at all so soon. I mean, obviously he's going to get them back,
Actually I'd rather see them get the abusive 'man training', then when they get 'won back' turn on Dalton for reducing them to 'masked peacock fanning furniture' which never had any real future (it doesn't. Think about it). Dalton can get new boys or some variation on them. The twins can either team up with Silas, or since they're 'real men' now, kick the crap out of him since 'real men' don't take crap from anyone, and strike out on their own and see what they can do.

I loved the boys gimmick, but hitting the reset button on it just feels like their spinning tires in the dirt. I'd prefer to see some character evolution, like with Adam Page, every now and then.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

I'm all for evolution, but give it a chance to establish itself for what it can be first.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Burnside wrote:I'm surprised at the extent to which the booking on this show has cooled my enthusiasm for their product. I'll still watch the free TV, but I think I'm done giving them my money for the time being, until they stop with the bad booking. For me, a lot of wrestling is reliant on anticipation, and right now I'm mostly just anticipating cheap finishes.
Well said.