Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
IchaelMelgin

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Huh. That's a fine explanation for them having a match I spose but bit random McGuinness just decides 'best of 5, motherfuckers'. 3 would do the trick, I'd've thought
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:You would learn why the series are happening
Except's it's a completely random reason based on absolutely nothing we have seen on-screen... or even anyhting that has even been hinted at on-screen.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I didn´t say the reason make sense, just that there was why that was happening (Kayfabe). Neither ACH or Matt Sydal turned or anything.
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:
#BigMike, Michael Elgin,
UGH
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

187_Joeism wrote:You would learn why the series are happening
It's happening because creative is terrible at giving you reasons to care about anything.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

You guys hate and complain about ANYTHING :lol:
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

The reason given on the article is good enough for me, but they could've taped something also. The reason for 5 matches could be ACH wanting to really prove he's above Sydal or whatever other than Nigel going "why not", but that's nitpicking.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

It´s like "We want them do to something with ACH" (Even when he is given big matches all year) and then complain when they are doing something with him.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Without context, it’s easy to believe that the ACH/Sydal contests are just a healthy miniature side story that should add depth to the immediate narrative as well as to add high workrate for the next few cards in general.

While the a priori may still stand, it’s the timing of the program that others find stultifying. ACH and Sydal both have next to no momentum going into this series. If one triumphs over the other, what do they truly gain? More, is the audience supposed to believe that either competitor won’t soon fall back into complacency? Does anyone feel certain there will be a real payoff? Unless they go through a small arc by the end of this series, I think it’ll be hard for the fans to emotionally invest in either worker as a result.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that 4 way man, brooooooooooooo
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Wilson wrote:Without context, it’s easy to believe that the ACH/Sydal contests are just a healthy miniature side story that should add depth to the immediate narrative as well as to add high workrate for the next few cards in general.

While the a priori may still stand, it’s the timing of the program that others find stultifying. ACH and Sydal both have next to no momentum going into this series. If one triumphs over the other, what do they truly gain? More, is the audience supposed to believe that either competitor won’t soon fall back into complacency? Does anyone feel certain there will be a real payoff? Unless they go through a small arc by the end of this series, I think it’ll be hard for the fans to emotionally invest in either worker as a result.
I can believe ACH as a guy for ROH's future, possibly. I probably wouldn't take this kinda risk at this stage and just stick em in a tag, but it may give ACH a bit of a boost. ROH is good at using ex-WWE guys in a smart way so I can see it working as long as it's definitely ACH that gets the rub.

But the company really needs to get out of the habit of making things happen via a web-page, things like Elgin's face turn and a little programme with recognisable faces like this, needs to be addressed on TV, not a webpage maybe 5-10% of your viewers are keeping an eye on
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Good thing about this card it´s that you have some match that are difficult to predict, i am sure Lethal will beat Kyle and Moose will beat Cedric but have no idea who the #1 Contender will be between Cole and Styles, who will win the tag match or Silas vs Castle.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

IchaelMelgin wrote:I can believe ACH as a guy for ROH's future, possibly. I probably wouldn't take this kinda risk at this stage and just stick em in a tag, but it may give ACH a bit of a boost. ROH is good at using ex-WWE guys in a smart way so I can see it working as long as it's definitely ACH that gets the rub.
Do they ? Guys like Sydal and the Addiction have been used just as badly as anyone else on the roster. Sydal has done nothing of note since he came back a year ago and same thing with the Addiction before the KRD abortion.
187_Joeism wrote:Good thing about this card it´s that you have some match that are difficult to predict, i am sure Lethal will beat Kyle and Moose will beat Cedric but have no idea who the #1 Contender will be between Cole and Styles, who will win the tag match or Silas vs Castle.
Pretty sure it's going to be none of those guys. Styles is in yet another multi-man match because he doesn't need to job or beat someone, and Cole is still officially a heel as far as I know so he's not going against Lethal right now. So yeah, someone is finally getting his rematch and we should mention once again that he was in the G1, SO LOVE HIM DAMN IT !!!
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Thelone wrote:
IchaelMelgin wrote:I can believe ACH as a guy for ROH's future, possibly. I probably wouldn't take this kinda risk at this stage and just stick em in a tag, but it may give ACH a bit of a boost. ROH is good at using ex-WWE guys in a smart way so I can see it working as long as it's definitely ACH that gets the rub.
Do they ? Guys like Sydal and the Addiction have been used just as badly as anyone else on the roster. Sydal has done nothing of note since he came back a year ago and same thing with the Addiction before the KRD abortion.
I'm talking basic appeal here, so what I guess I really meant by 'uses them smartly' is 'doesn't pounce at the chance to make them look better than established ROH guys', which is what casuals will be used to seeing. I imagine somebody out there will be impressed and take notice of ACH after seeing him beat Sydal
I'm also fine with Sydal kind of just being another guy tbh.
Last edited by IchaelMelgin on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Elgin is going to get his rematch in the Japan shows i think. Cole is not a heel or a face right now, if you pay attention to the show he is deciding what side he will be, he is still loyal to the Kingdom but also loyal to Kyle and Fish. If the title shot is for Final Battle then AJ and Cole are the most realistic options, going to Japan with AJ as champ it´s the best they can do.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I have to say, still needing to watch this weeks episode, and the one from coming weekend, I really do not have the feeling that there's a PPV coming up next week. While, IMO, the TV show has been really good as of late, they have not been building to the PPV a lot at all. The most important storylines on the TV show over the last month or two have been Cole and reDRagon vs the Addiction, Cole vs the Kingdom and Whitmer vs Corino for god's sake, but neither of those storylines seem to be coming to fruition at the next PPV. Lethal mostly has been feuding with Roddy, and has only had one face to face confrontation with Fish, for a short minute max, and he hasn't even been face to face with Kyle a single time on the TV show, nor has any of the two cut any kind of promo on each other, or the upcoming match. If you only watch the TV show, the only thing that you could possibly have seen happening between the two, is the episode of inside ROH they showed about their 'feud', and that hasn't even been featured on DA, so the people watching there can only know they're feuding because the announcers told you they are.

As for the rest of the card, there's a random four-way for the no. 1 contendership with zero build, a random open challenge that if Adam Page accepts will have some build, but it's still an open challenge, there's ACH vs. Sydal which is going to be build just a little bit coming weekend, but nobody watching the TV show will know, the only matches that have really been build on TV are Cedric vs Moose, Silas vs Castle, and maybe the threeway for the tag titles will be build a little bit on the TV episode I'm about to watch now.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I remember at least one promo from Bobby Fish and one from Kyle O'Reilly against Jay Lethal but i'm not sure if it was on TV. Last week, Fish was on commentary during Hanson vs Lethal and O'Reilly joined him at the end of the match to defy the champion.
Actually, the three way for the tag titles is build in this week episode and you have some elements promoting Lethal vs O'Reilly & vs. Fish too.
ImageImage
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They promoted on the TV show Lethal vs Kyle/Lethal vs Fish, the 3 way tag, Silas vs Castle and Moose vs Cedric a lot in the last month.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

This is going to be a sweet show. I'm so excited.