Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WHG

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

Post by WHG »

In the new Observer, Meltzer is reporting Elgin vs Strong vs Styles vs Cole in a 4 way for a ROH World Title shot. It doesn't say when the shot would be, but I'd assume Glory By Honor weekend maybe, with the SOTF winner getting the Final Battle title shot again?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WHG wrote:In the new Observer, Meltzer is reporting Elgin vs Strong vs Styles vs Cole in a 4 way for a ROH World Title shot. It doesn't say when the shot would be, but I'd assume Glory By Honor weekend maybe, with the SOTF winner getting the Final Battle title shot again?
awesome
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If they are going that route i can see Cole winning that 4way to face Lethal a GBH and then Styles into the SOTF so we can have Styles vs Lethal at Final Battle.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

WHG wrote:In the new Observer, Meltzer is reporting Elgin vs Strong vs Styles vs Cole in a 4 way for a ROH World Title shot.
Called It!!! :D
WHG wrote:It doesn't say when the shot would be, but I'd assume Glory By Honor weekend maybe, with the SOTF winner getting the Final Battle title shot again?
187_Joeism wrote:If they are going that route i can see Cole winning that 4way to face Lethal a GBH and then Styles into the SOTF so we can have Styles vs Lethal at Final Battle.
While I wouldn't have any issue with that, I think the winner of this Four-Way should get their title shot at Final Battle. It makes a lot of sense because you would be immediately setting up the Main Event of Final Battle, which is the next PPV. If the Glory By Honor XIV show in Dayton was an iPPV, I could see it (like what they did with the winner of the Elgin/Moose/Strong Three-Way getting a title match at Death Before Dishonor XIII, which was on iPPV). To me, having the winner of this Four-Way challenge at Final Battle makes much more sense.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I agree that in theory I'd like to see this be for the Final Battle Main Event shot. Where the logic breaks down for me, though, is how you justify anyone else getting a title shot in the meantime as they would effectively be leapfrogging the number one contender and just randomly be awarded a title match. The winner should, in theory, be the next to challenge for the title.

I suppose they could play up headlining the biggest show of the year as the prize, justifying that the wait is worth it...and it is only 3 mos.

I love the match though.

If the shot is at Final Battle, I think Styles or Cole will win. If the shot is at GBH or another non-PPV before then, my money is strongly on Elgin to win. Pretty sure there's no way Roddy's winning.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Jay Briscoe ‏@jaybriscoe84
hey Nigel I want BJ’s young boy Adam Page No holds barred match in San Antonio

For the TV Tapings i guess
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

SOTF's winner needs the main event of Final Battle. Otherwise there is no reason for SOTF. Last year it was important because they were fighting for something. If they fight for nothing then what's the point?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

A world title shot is nothing?
I would like to see the SOTF wait some time again before cashing in on it, like with MITB in WWE, he can come out every show knowing he has a title shot coming up sometime.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

WHG wrote:I agree that in theory I'd like to see this be for the Final Battle Main Event shot. Where the logic breaks down for me, though, is how you justify anyone else getting a title shot in the meantime as they would effectively be leapfrogging the number one contender and just randomly be awarded a title match. The winner should, in theory, be the next to challenge for the title.

I suppose they could play up headlining the biggest show of the year as the prize, justifying that the wait is worth it...and it is only 3 mos.

I love the match though.

If the shot is at Final Battle, I think Styles or Cole will win. If the shot is at GBH or another non-PPV before then, my money is strongly on Elgin to win. Pretty sure there's no way Roddy's winning.
True, though there's bound to be one or two of those VOD House Show title matches before Final Battle anyway. The idea of the winner waiting until Final Battle is fine, since it's the biggest show of the year. You can still get one or two Lethal title defense beforehand.

I think the match will be great as well. My pick is Adam Cole. As much as I would like to see AJ Styles get that shot, I don't think Lethal is losing at Final Battle, and I don't think AJ Styles is losing a major match a few weeks before The Tokyo Dome Show, so I can't see him challenging at the moment.
The Dragon Saga wrote:SOTF's winner needs the main event of Final Battle. Otherwise there is no reason for SOTF. Last year it was important because they were fighting for something. If they fight for nothing then what's the point?
Actually, I think that the SOTF Winner has only cashed in their title shot at Final Battle twice (Tyler Black in '10 and Adam Cole last year). The title shot usually happens sometime before or after Final Battle.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

jordidebaas wrote:A world title shot is nothing?
I would like to see the SOTF wait some time again before cashing in on it, like with MITB in WWE, he can come out every show knowing he has a title shot coming up sometime.
If you look, historically, every time the winner has cashed in the title shot at Final Battle, it just feels like any other title shot, but every time the winner has cashed in either before or after, it has always been the start of something big in hindsight (with the exception of Delirious, who was never going to go anywhere anyway, and the 2004 edition, which gets a pass because it was designed to be Aries' first big singles performance and manged to elevate him without him winning).
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

NO DQ - MOOSE VS CEDRIC ALEXANDER AT ASE 7
The Best Wrestling on the Planet, Ring of Honor, returns to Pay Per View on Friday, September 18 with All Star Extravaganza VII. This event will be live from the San Antonio Shrine Auditorium.

ROH is bringing a jam packed list of stars to San Antonio to celebrate a truly unique event. The stars in San Antonio will shine brightly in the Texas sky, but they will pale in comparison to the stars signed for this live Pay Per View event!

If you want to be there live, you can get your tickets right now by clicking HERE

One of the biggest rivalries in Ring of Honor is set to explode at ASE VII as Moose faces off with Cedric Alexander in a No DQ contest!

Moose is a former NFL Offensive lineman who arrived in Ring of Honor at Best in The World ’14 to much fanfare. He would steamroll everyone in his path alongside friend Stokely Hathaway and advisor Veda Scott. The world took notice of what would be known as “The Streak." Moose was unbeatable, defeating everyone placed in front of him for nearly one year.

Cedric Alexander has been hyped by many as the future of pro wrestling. He has all the physical tools to be the elite performer that is expected, but some said he lacked the mean streak needed to reach that level. Cedric would shock the world this past May in Toronto, Canada at Global Wars night 2.

Moose brought his streak into Global Wars, scheduled to do battle with Cedric Alexander. The fans reacted accordingly and they admired both Moose and Cedric as the battle intensified. The ending is what shocked everyone! Cedric Alexander defeated Moose, pinned his shoulders to the mat after a vicious right hand. That right hand was holding a wrench!

After Best in The World ’15 things became clear. Cedric revealed that Veda Scott was no longer with Moose & Stokely, but rather she had joined forces with the newly hated Alexander. She believed Moose was getting soft and pandering to the fans. He put an exclamation point on his new attitude by knocking out Stokely Hathaway with a right hand loaded with his wrench!

Moose and Alexander faced off again at Death Before Dishonor XIII. Moose was looking to avenge his first loss. Unfortunately that was not meant to be as he met the same fate as in Toronto. A right hand loaded with a wrench! Moose had not only lost, but now had lost twice to Alexander.

At DBD XIII, Cedric crossed a line. Prince Nana, a mentor and the man who scouted Moose for Ring of Honor, was assaulted. Alexander would introduce Nana to the same right hand that he beat Moose with twice. A furious Nana had one last lesson to teach both Stokely and Moose. Nana’s preached that his final lesson was to show Moose how to not play by the rules. On a recent episode of Ring of Honor Television, Nana shook “Big Stoke’s” hand and congratulated him. Nana saw the final lesson he was attempting to teach Hathaway had been learned. Nana wanted him to understand that the best monster is a well-rounded monster. Nana now believes that Hathaway is the man to guide Moose to the promise land!

That wrench is the catalyst for the match on at All Star Extravaganza being No Disqualification. That wrench in the right hand of Cedric, thrown with bad intention is what has woken up the monster within Moose! Stokely Hathaway has the task of ensuring Moose stays on course. Moose is coming to San Antonio a monster ready to destroy Cedric. Cedric and Veda Scott will be scheming to make sure that victory is the only result! Can Cedric prove to once again be Moose’s kryptonite? Or is a No DQ environment exactly what Moose will need to finish off his rival? What roles will “Big Stoke” and Veda play? With no rules, anything is possible!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

THE WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP IS ON THE LINE AT ASE 7
Ring of Honor returns to the great state of Texas for ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII! And when we hit San Antonio on September 18th, you can see it all LIVE on PAY-PER-VIEW! We already know that Jay Lethal will be defending both his World Television Championship and the ROH World Championship against Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly respectively. But that's just a taste of the action we have set for ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA...

ROH World Tag Team Championships (Of The World) are on the line when The Addiction tries to fight off The Kingdom LIVE on pay-per-view! The Kingdom have rocketed up the ranks of international tag team competition in the past year. But they have yet to hold gold in Ring of Honor. That could change on September 18th!

The internal issues amongst The Kingdom have been well documented. Recently, Adam Cole and his former partner, Kyle O'Reilly, have reunited Future Shock...much to the anger of Taven, Bennett, and Maria. The building hostilities between The Kingdom, The Addiction, and wherever Adam Cole stands, have left an opening for yet another world caliber team to interject themselves into the tag title scene - THE YOUNG BUCKS!

Amidst all this chaos, Nigel McGuinness has decided that the World Tag Team Championship match at ASE VII must change. Now, instead of The Kingdom vs. The Addiction, you will get THREE of the top teams on the planet battling for gold:

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
- THE ADDICTION VS. THE KINGDOM VS. THE YOUNG BUCK

The best way to experience ROH is LIVE! To get your tickets for September 18th in San Antonio, click HERE. But if you can't be there live, you don't have to miss a minute! ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA will be broadcast live on pay-per-view! Check your cable provider for purchasing details.

ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII
Friday, September 18th, 2015
San Antonio Shrine Auditorium
901 North Loop 1604 West
San Antonio, TX 78232
BELL TIME: 8:00 PM Central Time Zone
TICKETS ON SALE NOW - CLICK HERE

Matches signed

Main Event - ROH World Championship
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini

ROH World Television Championship
Bobby Fish vs. Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini

Match #3 in the Best of Five Match Series
ACH vs. #Reborn Matt Sydal

No Disqualification Match
Cedric Alexander w/Veda Scott vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

Open Challenge To Any Tag Team in The World Match
The Briscoes vs. ????

The Boys vs Silas Becoming One of Dalton’s Boys
Dalton Castle w/ the Boys vs “Pro Wrestling’s Last Real Man” Silas Young
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

WHG wrote:In the new Observer, Meltzer is reporting Elgin vs Strong vs Styles vs Cole in a 4 way for a ROH World Title shot. It doesn't say when the shot would be, but I'd assume Glory By Honor weekend maybe, with the SOTF winner getting the Final Battle title shot again?
I mean, I assume it has to be on this PPV. All 4 of those guys are listed and don't have a match....including Watanabe.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Ladrao12 wrote:
I mean, I assume it has to be on this PPV. All 4 of those guys are listed and don't have a match....including Watanabe.
Sorry...my fault for not being clear. He reported clearly the 4-way for this PPV, with the winner getting a title shot. What he didn't say was when the winner's title shot would be redeemed. We're definitely getting the 4-way for ASE7.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Gotcha, makes sense.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

#1 CONTENDER'S MATCH SIGNED FOR ASE 7
The Best Wrestling on the Planet, Ring of Honor, returns to live Pay Per View on Friday, September 18 with All Star Extravaganza VII. This event will take place in historic San Antonio at the Shrine Auditorium.

A number one contenders match for the Ring of Honor World championship has been signed for Friday, September 18 at All Star Extravaganza VII:

“PHENOMENAL” AJ STYLES vs “MR ROH” RODERICK STRONG vs ADAM COLE vs “UNBREAKABLE” MICHAEL ELGIN

AJ Styles is a constant threat to any championship, especially the ROH World Title. He has spent the majority of 2015 as the IWGP Heavyweight Champion, facing and defeating the very best athletes of New Japan Pro Wrestling. He has done the same within the ranks of ROH as well.

Roderick Strong is having a year unmatched by anyone. A former ROH World Champion, ROH World Television Champion and ROH World Tag Team Champion, he has done it all. He is an elite athlete who has lost very few matches in 2015. Strong took ROH World Champion Jay Lethal to an epic 60 minute time-limit draw and ultimately fell in a rematch due to interference from the HOT.

Adam Cole lost the ROH World Championship at Best in The World 2014. He came very close in several rematches to becoming a two-time champion. At Final Battle 2014, he not only lost a brutal “Fight without Honor” to then champion Jay Briscoe, but also suffered a major shoulder injury sidelining him for a good portion of this year. He would return in May and nearly defeated AJ Styles. He has since been mired in chaos with questions regarding his position with The Kingdom. Cole will need to put that in the back of his mind if he wants to become the #1 contender on this night.

#BigMike, Michael Elgin, lost the ROH World Championship in September of 2014. He would then drown in a state of flux, unsure of whom he was and where he wanted to be. The calendar turned in 2015 and he appeared to find himself again. A re-invigorated Michael Elgin was invited to the 2015 NJPW G1 Climax tournament. He would impress the fans of Japan as well as his contemporaries with many high profile victories during the prestigious tournament. He now returns to ROH with an opportunity to reclaim what he deems is the most important championship in wrestling, the ROH World Championship.

The only person who is not a former ROH World Champion in this matchup is AJ Styles. It is the one title that has eluded him. Is this going to be his chance to get that opportunity? Can Roderick Strong be denied in 2015? Is it Adam Cole’s destiny to become #1 Contender and regain the ROH World Championship? Is it “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin’s time to ride back into the limelight? It all starts with this opportunity. Whether Jay Lethal retains or Kyle O’Reilly becomes the new ROH World Champion, the champion will have one heck of task facing any of these potential challengers.

To witness the build up to these amazing events, be sure to tune into Ring of Honor Television every weekend on your local Sinclair station and Wednesday nights at 8/7c on Destination America.

If you’re not sure how to locate Destination America on your cable service, please use this link to find it in your area http://www.destinationamerica.com/channel-finder/

To find out when RING OF HONOR WRESTLING airs in your area click HERE.

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

You can see it on live Pay Per View through all major cable & satellite companies, For a list of providers, click HERE

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS:

ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII
Friday, September 18th, 2015
San Antonio Shrine Auditorium
901 North Loop 1604 West
San Antonio, TX 78232
BELL TIME: 8:00 PM Central Time Zone

ROH World Championship
Kyle O’Reilly vs Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini

ROH World Television Championship
Bobby Fish vs Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini

ROH World Tag Team Championship
The Addiction (c) vs The Kingdom w/ Maria Kanellis vs The Young Bucks

Open Challenge Tag Team Match
The Briscoes vs ????

Best of 5 Series Match #3
ACH vs #Reborn Matt Sydal

No DQ Match
Cedric Alexander vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

The Boys vs Silas Young becoming a Boy
Dalton Castle w/ the Boys vs "Pro Wrestling's Last Real Man" Silas Young
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

ACH v Sydal in a best of five is the only thing on the card that makes me do a double-take. What's that about then? They're both still faces right?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

IchaelMelgin wrote:ACH v Sydal in a best of five is the only thing on the card that makes me do a double-take. What's that about then? They're both still faces right?
You should read this: http://rohwrestling.com/news/ach-vs-mat ... tch-series
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

You shouldn't. You won't learn more than you already know.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

You would learn why the series are happening