Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza VII (PPV) Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

In a perfect world Strong & Aries or Jack Evans & Angelico would answer the challenge but i have no idea who will be their opponents.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

It'll be the long awaited return of the Headbangers... Under new masks.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The mystery opponent thing tells me one of two things: either it's not a sure thing (they have big plans but are worried it could fall through for whatever reason) or it's going to to be a disappointing gimmick type thing, like Adam Page & Colby Corino or something.

If it were a big matchup like Aries & Strong, they'd be promoting the shit out of it, I think.

Also, Delirious' history with this type of thing tells me it'll be some kind of BS (remember Taven's Mystery Opponent at SCOH8 when it was nobody, but Martini tried to burn him with the malfunctioning Book of Truth?).
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Yeah but that was Matt Taven, not The Briscoes. Briscoes need a good match and I don't see ROH wasting a PPV opportunity with a tag team nobody cares about. Another scenario I'd like would be someone teeming with Chuck Taylor.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Is Kenny King gone from TNA yet? I'd hate to see him return alone but if it was for an All Night Express reunion id take it.
I had not thought of that! I have no interest in a King ingles run but I'd definitely be up for a ANX return. That would shake up the tag division and would provide some good fresh match ups other than vs Briscoes which is classic in its own right. Come to think of it I really wouldn't mind Rhett Titus just returning as Rhett Titus to fill out the mid card.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

It's obviously Alex Reigns and Weezy Woo.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The whole "champions" think makes me maybe thing KES
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

I would love to see Fish win the TV title. I'd love to see Kyle win the World Title, but I think ROH is going to have Lethal keep both belts for a little while longer.

I am extremely excited to see The Young Bucks. I honestly never thought I'd get the chance.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

Big Red Machine wrote:The whole "champions" think makes me maybe thing KES
I'd be totally ok with this. Archer being from Texas, I'd say this is likely.

Edit: This is why I hate the "mystery opponent" thing. I'm going to be thinking about this for too long.
Last edited by Fidel Costco on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

During Field of Honor, Kevin Kelly said Dalton Castle will face Silas Young, and if Young wins, he gets to fight Castle's Boys.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Fidel Costco wrote:During Field of Honor, Kevin Kelly said Dalton Castle will face Silas Young, and if Young wins, he gets to fight Castle's Boys.
That was made official a couple of weeks ago on TV when Silas made the challenge.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Fidel Costco wrote:During Field of Honor, Kevin Kelly said Dalton Castle will face Silas Young, and if Young wins, he gets to fight Castle's Boys.
That was made official a couple of weeks ago on TV when Silas made the challenge.
Not fight the boys. If Silas wins, Castle's boys have to become Silas' boys so Silas can teach them to be real men.
Spoiler: show
I guess this hasn't aired on TV yet, but I could have sworn that at Field of Honor Kelly added the stip that if Silas loses, he has to become one of Castle's boys.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Fidel Costco wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:The whole "champions" think makes me maybe thing KES
I'd be totally ok with this. Archer being from Texas, I'd say this is likely.

Edit: This is why I hate the "mystery opponent" thing. I'm going to be thinking about this for too long.
As NOAH want WarMachine vs. KES rematch in japan.
We might miss them all.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

They said that we would see more Reno SCUM in ROH at some point, but that was a long time ago.
A return of Kenny King with Rett Titus would do nothing at all for me.
If at least one big name is part of the team, he will probably be revealed before the event.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Guardians of Truth.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Does anybody think O'Reilly might win? I think they're gonna play up Lethal had too much on his plate, with the Strong match needing a rematch, and the random Hanson TV title shot.
Also would lead in with the Futureshock/reDRagon uncertainty stuff they're doing atm.
WHG

Post by WHG »

IchaelMelgin wrote:Does anybody think O'Reilly might win? I think they're gonna play up Lethal had too much on his plate, with the Strong match needing a rematch, and the random Hanson TV title shot.
Also would lead in with the Futureshock/reDRagon uncertainty stuff they're doing atm.
I give O'Reilly a 2% chance of winning this early in Lethal's reign.

But, I'd have said Jay Briscoe had a 0% chance of winning at last year's ASE...so you never really know.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I think O'Reilly has a much better chance of winning than 2%, or rather, not losing at ASE. O'Reilly has been booked to be the next World Title holder, it makes a lot of sense to make him not look bad and winning the gold is the most effective way of doing that, although there are other means . . . I think we might see a second consecutive World Title 60 minute draw.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

would like to see lethal vs. fish tv title match go to a 30 minute time limit draw, and lethal (due to fatigue) use heel tactics to beat o'reilly in the world title match. then the next day at the tv tapings, fish rematches lethal & beats him for the tv title. while the kingdom feud with adam cole, and o'reilly comes to even up the numbers. future shock vs. the kingdom (for the remainder of the year/final battle), while fish is busy defending the tv title.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!