Official Reload Tour 2015 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Official Reload Tour 2015 Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

Moose is portrait as a monster/powerhouse, What´s the point of him losing clean to Lethal in a match without the title on the line? Lethal gain nothing from that and Moose lose all of his credibility.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

That's exactly why I hate this Cedric/Moose feud. Cedric gained nothing by beating the unbeatable Moose, and Moose isn't a monster anymore because he has lost three times by now (twice to Alexander, and that 3-way at BITW).

Any booker worth a damn would have kept the winning streak intact and either build up a big world title match which he loses (hey look, a real Lethal vs. Moose match) or put the TV title on him for a pretty long time and make another guy when he finally drops the belt and loses his streak.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:Moose is portrait as a monster/powerhouse, What´s the point of him losing clean to Lethal in a match without the title on the line? Lethal gain nothing from that and Moose lose all of his credibility.
Lethal has everything to gain. It's too early in his title reign to even have someone steal one from him. Let me put it this way, Lethal has been built up to be the top guy by owning 2 titles. That easily makes him the best wrestler in the company. Delirious did the right thing by having Strong take him to a 60 minute time limit draw, but with the emphasis of the rub being put on Kyle O'Reilly and how he got his title shot, having Moose beat him makes no sense. It makes Lethal look weak. I agree with Thelone that having Moose lose to Cedric Alexander was stupid. Others have said it earlier and that Delirious fucked up by having this match take place in the first place.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Moose shouldn´t beat him, Cedric should interference and cost Moose the match. Moose was getting booed before losing to Cedric so that lose was the best thing for him and Cedric wich was doing nothing before turning heel.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Either way you look at it, its clusterfuck booking. Maybe earlier in the card, Moose is getting interviewed in the ring. Cedric interrupts and they have an impromptu match. Cedric beats the hell out of Moose with the wrench thus knocking him out of his match against Lethal. In the main event Lethal comes out, calls Moose a pussy for not showing up and says nobody has the balls to wrestle him. Enter Kyle O'Reilly. O'Reilly winds up winning, but to the shock and dismay of everyone there is no title change because Lethal was signed to wrestle a non-title match. That's my answer for this mess.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

That's not bad but I'd leave O'Reilly out of it. O'Reilly pinning Lethal clean in a singles match is too big to do on this show that almost nobody will ever see. Plus that Dusty Finish is a proven town-killer.

The impromptu match with Cedric plus wrench attack does happen earlier in the show, and it looks like Moose is out of the match. In the main event, Lethal goes out and gleefully calls for a count out/forfeit win. However, Moose shockingly answers the challenge and makes it to the ring even though he's clearly not 100%. If they like Moose, the live crowd will eat that shit up. Plus you deliver the match you advertised. They have a tough match which Lethal wins clean. That's the best I've got for this.

The flaw of course is that Moose sucks so bad that I don't think Lethal can get much of a match out of him and his dropkick, so even then you have to keep it short so this probably can't main event the show.
Last edited by Burnside on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Burnside wrote:The flaw of course is that Moose sucks so bad that I don't think Lethal can get much of a match out of him and his dropkick, so even then you have to keep it short so this probably can't main event the show.
I think they already announced Future Shock vs The Young Bucks as the main event.
ImageImage
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I think it would've been best if Delirious just hadn't booked Moose.
Ever.
On any show.
No Moose.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

jordidebaas wrote:I think it would've been best if Delirious just hadn't booked Moose.
Ever.
On any show.
No Moose.
By God, he's got it!
Last Real Man Hype
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Burnside wrote:What if this was the show in your town, though? What if you were thinking about buying a ticket to this show?

I think people buy tickets or order shows to see wrestler A beat wrestler B. The idea is you should be thinking, "Wow, I wonder which of these guys will win" or "Man, I hope Babyface A kicks Heel B's ass".

Not "I look forward to seeing this match end inconclusively when wrestler B loses in a bullshit manner to wrestler A when wrestler C interferes, thus forwarding the storyline! Shut up and take my money!" That's not how it works. Everybody is expecting a fuck finish to Moose vs Lethal. They are not EXCITED to see a fuck finish.

That's why the live crowd shit all over the Moose vs Jay Briscoe finish last month. They were interested to see which of those two guys would win in a fight. That's what wrestling is and what draws money. But Delirious wasn't prepared to do that. You shouldn't double down on that booking.
But it's not the responsibility of every single match to draw for the show. This is a show that will have ACH vs. Sydal, Strong vs. Fish, and Future Shock vs. Young Bucks. Those are the matches that will sell the tickets to this show, and I highly doubt there will be f*ck finishes in any of them.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: It would be booking reminiscent of Russo at his worst if Lethal doesn't get a clean win.
Okay... now that's not a fair comparison at all. That is a HUGE exaggeration.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Big Red Machine wrote: But it's not the responsibility of every single match to draw for the show. This is a show that will have ACH vs. Sydal, Strong vs. Fish, and Future Shock vs. Young Bucks. Those are the matches that will sell the tickets to this show, and I highly doubt there will be f*ck finishes in any of them.
I think the only one of those that's really a draw is FS/Bucks. The others are just matches we know will be good.
Last Real Man Hype
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Marketh. wrote:I think the only one of those that's really a draw is FS/Bucks. The others are just matches we know will be good.
Nah the biggest draw is the presence of Cliff Compton.
His dream match will probably be announced very soon.
ImageImage
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: It would be booking reminiscent of Russo at his worst if Lethal doesn't get a clean win.
Okay... now that's not a fair comparison at all. That is a HUGE exaggeration.
No. That's smarks arguing amongst other smarks. No exaggeration is too huge.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I find the Moose discussion pretty interesting. There's a polarized view of him that he's a great prospect that should be pushed now and booked like Goldberg (and that if it isn't happening it's a waste)...all the way to he's a terrible waste of space.

My view is that he's a good athlete who's trying really hard, but was pushed too hard too soon and isn't a natural in the ring and has a much lower ceiling than people generally believe. I've actually liked the Cedric feud and think it has done exactly what was needed, which is cool him off in terms of wins/losses. The crowd was clearly turning on him and that has stopped. I've been to a number of shows this year and you can see if pretty plainly. The crowd was really behind him early in the year and by May in Philly and Toronto the "Moose sucks" chants were really loud. Now, after couple months, the Philly crowd in August and the MCU Park crowd were both solidly behind him again. The booking mistake was what they did from June 2014 to May 2015, not what's happened the last few months.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm pumped for Strong vs. Adam Cole on Friday. I'm still catching up on 2105 DVD's but this can/should be the match of the night. Silas and O reily should be good too.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Marketh. wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: But it's not the responsibility of every single match to draw for the show. This is a show that will have ACH vs. Sydal, Strong vs. Fish, and Future Shock vs. Young Bucks. Those are the matches that will sell the tickets to this show, and I highly doubt there will be f*ck finishes in any of them.
I think the only one of those that's really a draw is FS/Bucks. The others are just matches we know will be good.
FS vs YB is definitely the main event draw but I think the other two are draws as well, especially Fish vs Strong, at least for me.
I'm with you all in not getting the logic behind Lethal vs Moose. A TV title defense for Lethal on this show against a somewhat random competitor would have been better, but maybe they didn't want to put a non-title match higher on the show than a title match, understandably.
Question: Does Lethal need to be in the main event of every show if he's defending a title? Or could a TV title defense go on second to last or right before the intermission? Personally I think that would be okay only if the Tag Titles were being defended in the main event.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

WHG wrote:I find the Moose discussion pretty interesting. There's a polarized view of him that he's a great prospect that should be pushed now and booked like Goldberg (and that if it isn't happening it's a waste)...all the way to he's a terrible waste of space.
Moose is wildly overrated and I can't help but scoff at people who think he's this huge prospect. If he had all this upside, he would be in NXT right now instead of utter trash like Baron Corbin or Mojo Rawley.

Now yeah, I think that if you're giving someone all these wins, you should end it in a big way and no, losing in a nothing TV match to a geek like Alexander no one cares about because he was in that shitty losing streak angle for ALMOST A YEAR isn't satisfactory at all. The Goldberg push wouldn't work in ROH because well, he's not that good, but a big title match on iPPV or a big house show (SCOH or Field of Honor, not the "Road to" or "Whatever Tour" shows) would have been perfectly fine.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

It´s not like if WWE didn´t want him and he signed with ROH instead, I agree that the streak should have ended in a better way though.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

[quote="Thelone"]
It's been going on for way too long and is hurting both guys frankly. Cedric just lost to CAPRICE FUCKING COLEMAN on TV because of this feud (here's another crap finish that didn't help anyone btw),
/quote]

Except it was the first time that Moose/Stokely outmaneuvered Cedric/Veda, Caprice got some measure of revenge for Cedric bailing on him, and Nana gave some sort of payoff to Caprice for winning. Cedric wins and it means Moose is still being outsmarted by him, Nana doesn't give Caprice the payoff, and Caprice doesn't get what's probably his first singles win since he beat Posey back in March. If he's going to be in matches on a regular basis, he ought to win at least the once in a while.