Official Reload Tour 2015 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Official Reload Tour 2015 Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

:arrow:
JTCole wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I also heard there was a Jay Lethal/Stevie Richards confrontation?
Yeah, it really seemed to set up a match between the two for later.
I'm not opposed to it. Stevie's not THAT old. It could be a solid main event for a non-TV, non-PPV show.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Richards was in fantastic shape.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Last I saw Richards was in TNA but I always thought he could work and was in great shape. I wouldn't mind a Richards/Lethal one off match at a house show.

The booking for Moose/Briscoe/Alexander/Page sounds perfectly fine from what I'm reading. It makes a lot more sense than Moose vs Briscoe singles. I didn't like when they were pushing Moose into main event level and positioning him as a world title contender, but now that they've taken a step back it wouldn't bother me if they built him up to a TV title win somewhere early next year.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It's so weird seeing people referring to "Richards" in this thread, but not in the context of Davey Richards (obviously Davey has a much richer history in ROH than Stevie).
JTCole wrote:Richards was in fantastic shape.
I guess that's DDP Yoga for you.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Stevie Richards was always able to work solid matches. Like someone said, a match on a house show with Lethal would be fine, anything more than that other than making the odd appearance and it's not welcomed.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

People saying Moose has no direction the same show where he continued his feud with Cedric is weird
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

JTCole wrote:Moose was booked like a star in Atlanta, and it wasn't just him being a hometown kid. He more than held his own and even busted out an Okada-level standing drop kick in the corner.
He busted out his only good move - the one he does in every match? Shocking.

Don't understand why people are complaining about the match only going 5 minutes - Moose can't have a good singles match because he's terrible. He has 3 moves: a terrible jogging shoulder block, an unbelievably terrible Stinger Splash, and an awesome dropkick. They rightly don't want to expose that.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

187_Joeism wrote:People saying Moose has no direction the same show where he continued his feud with Cedric is weird
He might as well be directionless. I mean really, does anyone even care about this feud with Alexander ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Aren't they returning to Atlanta in November? Not sure if Lethal will still hold both belts by then but 3 months from now is perfect time for a match against Richards.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm seeing a lot of pissed off people who the main draw of the show was Moose vs. Briscoe (wouldn't be my cup of tea but hey) and weren't happy to get baited and switched. If you were never planning on delivering Moose vs. Briscoe then they should have just announced Page & Alexander vs. Briscoe & Moose to begin with.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Thelone wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:People saying Moose has no direction the same show where he continued his feud with Cedric is weird
He might as well be directionless. I mean really, does anyone even care about this feud with Alexander ?
You can like or not his current feud, but the point his he has a direction. Being directionless is what he was doing before having random squash or multiman matches.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It's always been my theory that Moose's gimmick is that he's retarded. It makes sense for him not to know what direction he's going.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

TYFDK wrote:Aren't they returning to Atlanta in November? Not sure if Lethal will still hold both belts by then but 3 months from now is perfect time for a match against Richards.
I would shock me if Lethal is not the World Champ coming Final Battle, the TV Title i think he will lose it soon though
Big Red Machine

Thelone wrote:
A little bit. Although, to be fair, I care more about it for Cedric than for Moose.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

TYFDK wrote:Aren't they returning to Atlanta in November? Not sure if Lethal will still hold both belts by then but 3 months from now is perfect time for a match against Richards.
Next show in ATL is 1/24.
5eightlane

Post by 5eightlane »

syxxpakk wrote:
I was at the show last night but did not here them announce a return date. Where did you hear the 1/24 date?
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Gary Juster told me in the restroom.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

1/23 or 24? 24th is Royal Rumble Sunday.
Big Red Machine

syxxpakk wrote:
I was almost certain that a show in Atlanta the night before Survivor Series had been announced.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

ninetwentyfour wrote:1/23 or 24? 24th is Royal Rumble Sunday.
Prob that then and I just misheard him or he just meant that weekend.