"What's Tomato Chomper doing in the Impact Zone?"

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

"What's Tomato Chomper doing in the Impact Zone?"

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Tommaso Ciampa ‏@ProjectCiampa 2h2 hours ago
You just never know...@IMPACTWRESTLING

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/statu ... 9074181121
Hey guys, lets all turn on Ciampa and start sending angry tweets at him about how much of a backstabbing traitor asshole he is.

/s
Marketh.

Re: "What's Tomato Chomper doing in the Impact Zone?"

Post by Marketh. »

"I'm not mad, just disappointed."
Last Real Man Hype
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Good news guys, he wrestled Crazy Steve on Xplosion!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope they paid him at least
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

good for Ciampa,been a fan of his for a long time.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Then Desmond Wolfe comes out of nowhere and says "You can never escape the Network Ciampa" during the last episode on DA.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Not a bad signing at all for TNA. I mean, of the guys available right now, there aren't many that can instantly add to the quality of the show while still being an affordable option.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Keep in mind that a guy appearing for TNA these days is not necessarily a "signing" but rather just means he's making an appearance. Sounds like he appeared as a GFW talent, wrestled Crazzy Steve in a match for Xplosion, which I think is their overseas B show, and wasn't a part of the big Jarrett angle when that was filmed.

Kind of hoping he doesn't appear there regularly. He's better than that.

Sad to see this in that it also virtually assures us that the WWE had no interest from his May tryout.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

As said previously hopefully he gets paid.
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

I miss Ciampa in ROH. What a lost opportunity for both the performer and the company.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I wonder if there is acrimony between Ciampa and ROH.

After reading about John Walters’s retirement, it occurred to me that Ciampa’s career could very easily take a similar shape without ROH showcasing his talents. So far, the track record of success of wrestlers departing from ROH to other promotions (other than WWE) has not been so illustrious.

Despite me not thinking all too highly of him (I don’t think he would have been a great main event player), he still would provide depth to the roster if he came back. I guess I wish everybody well in Orlando. Seems like such a crazy time to be an independent wrestler.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Ciampa deserves to be on TV somewhere. Hopefully this pans out, whether it's on the TNA or GFW side of things. He has wrestled for GFW, so that's entirely possible.
WHG

Post by WHG »

With 1 day of taping left, it appears Ciampa only worked 1 taping and filmed one match (vs. Crazzy Steve) for Xplosion.

So the question is: is TNA dumb enough not to better utilize Ciampa if he were willing to do more...or did Ciampa work there with the intentional caveat that he wouldn't appear on their US TV so as not to screw up any WWE prospects he may still have?

I just think it's odd that they get a guy that generated at least a little internet buzz among indy fans by appearing there and they literally did nothing of value with him and won't even have him on Impact.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

This is what Ciampa gets for beating up on referees.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

ROH dropping the ball with Ciampa was pure tripe. However with TNA it was expected.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Haha, Crazzy Steve. if there's one wrestler that personifies "the X Division is fucking dead"
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

what's going on with him now? he worked that TNA taping and is obviously on GFW's site but he also worked dark matches in NXT and there's been rumours about a Balor Club (I know) surfacing with him and Johnny Gargano. pretty confusing stuff as I heard Ciampa was one of the guys NXT turned down
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

IchaelMelgin wrote:what's going on with him now? he worked that TNA taping and is obviously on GFW's site but he also worked dark matches in NXT and there's been rumours about a Balor Club (I know) surfacing with him and Johnny Gargano. pretty confusing stuff as I heard Ciampa was one of the guys NXT turned down
He worked a match for a taped segment of NXT. He and Gargano are a tag team in the Dusty Rhodes Classic.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
IchaelMelgin wrote:what's going on with him now? he worked that TNA taping and is obviously on GFW's site but he also worked dark matches in NXT and there's been rumours about a Balor Club (I know) surfacing with him and Johnny Gargano. pretty confusing stuff as I heard Ciampa was one of the guys NXT turned down
He worked a match for a taped segment of NXT. He and Gargano are a tag team in the Dusty Rhodes Classic.
Yeah, this is where NXT is going to get confusing for people. I take the fact that Gargano and Ciampa are being billed as Gargano and Ciampa as a clear sign that they're working NXT, but haven't been signed and aren't part of plans for the main roster or even full-time NXT runs at this point. Sounds like we can expect to see a lot of this especially from Evolve if they start formally working with Gabe.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

it's gonna be pretty surreal to see the dude on Impact and NXT at probably around the same time. Stoked for him that he's seemingly in the door there though, he's far far too good for TNA