Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh is been directing fans to watch the show on their stirr channel and on stadium lately
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Great show this week!!!! Horus vs Lee was awesome. That match with a crowd would of been amazing
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

90 minutes would def be the best outcome for ROH especially if they are adding a competitive women’s division. There is to little time to secure everyone a spot moment and the right build leading to any event.

Stadium, Fight TV and Honor Club seem to be the securest places for ROH to have a regular show like that. Then as has been suggest give the affiliates the digestible one hour. While making sure the lead program is seen before everyone other station.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Absolutely loved the show this week. On paper, it looked decent but everything delivered. Must watch imo.

I love how the promos before the matches really make it like were following characters develop in front of our eyes. i cant really explain it properly. its not like other wrestling shows.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I keep on saying it, but Shane Taylor's promo work since the COVID restart has been nothing short of incredible. This new format suits him perfectly and he has knocked each and every one of them out of the park. He's the only guy I can see taking the belt off Rush right now.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:18 am Absolutely loved the show this week. On paper, it looked decent but everything delivered. Must watch imo.

I love how the promos before the matches really make it like were following characters develop in front of our eyes. i cant really explain it properly. its not like other wrestling shows.
It's amazing how the promos before the match make the match mean so much more. No match feels like a waste. Every match has a story.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The turnaround for the TV show has been drastic. I was ready to stop watching it altogether when it was 90% recycled content from Honor Club shows.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:56 pm
indyfan wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:18 am Absolutely loved the show this week. On paper, it looked decent but everything delivered. Must watch imo.

It's amazing how the promos before the match make the match mean so much more. No match feels like a waste. Every match has a story.
It adds so much depth and nothing feels forced. Im looking forward every week now.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

This week roh tv ending left more questions than answers
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:44 pm This week roh tv ending left more questions than answers
Was the show good?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It was a easy watch for me specially the ending
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

This weeks episode was really good. 3 matches. No more boring interviews and 2 match episodes I hope!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I love the interview segments. I just don't want to see the same ones on TV and then again on Week by Week or vice versa.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The sit down interviews are a must for ROH but do they do need make sure not to over do them else you’ll just end rehashing the same photos, memories, same sense of purpose for the person. Plus it’s always good to be able give the audience something different but still in keeping with the general feel of the show.

I think keeping them for stronger feuds, title challenges and if you feel you need to give the audience more background on a new wrestler or a charachter shift. Right now we are getting to a point where we know everyone much better so we shouldn’t need them too often going forward.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It's a little thing but something I really enjoyed from the Tony Deppen vs. Kenny King match. When Tony applies the small package not only do he wrap up both legs on Kenny but Tony also crossed his feet to make it even harder for Kenny to kick out. Great camera angle to really see the move applied and how there was no escape for Kenny.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Wow this weeks show was weakon wrestling. but i loved Batemans promo.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:02 am Wow this weeks show was weakon wrestling. but i loved Batemans promo.
A little more story telling this week. Draper and Isom were having a good match for a bit there. Then Dalton showed up and it got weird.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

The Draper match was boring. No need to see these guys go 15 minutes on a weekly TV show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

good match.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Good episode but I too am concerned about DQs and no-contests piling up.

On the plus side, at least the refs do their jobs in ROH for the most part.