Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Jeremy

Re: ROH TV Show Discussion Thread

Post by Jeremy »

No, I did call the match awful, and that's because it was. Why is QT Marshall, a worse worker than MIKE BENNETT of all people, getting a TV win against a worker who actually has potential to develop into something solid? Marshall showed NOTHING and anytime he had control he did nothing. Thomas showed fire and had good comebacks and timing. Marshall had no charisma, a terrible moveset, and just isn't a good worker.

I'm sure he'll be fighting for the TV title by February, though.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Jeremy wrote:No, I did call the match awful, and that's because it was. Why is QT Marshall, a worse worker than MIKE BENNETT of all people, getting a TV win against a worker who actually has potential to develop into something solid? Marshall showed NOTHING and anytime he had control he did nothing. Thomas showed fire and had good comebacks and timing. Marshall had no charisma, a terrible moveset, and just isn't a good worker.

I must have read each post four or five times and I still missed it. I blame being overworked.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Jeremy wrote:No, I did call the match awful, and that's because it was. Why is QT Marshall, a worse worker than MIKE BENNETT of all people, getting a TV win against a worker who actually has potential to develop into something solid? Marshall showed NOTHING and anytime he had control he did nothing. Thomas showed fire and had good comebacks and timing. Marshall had no charisma, a terrible moveset, and just isn't a good worker.

Person comes into ROH that doesn't do cool tricks and flips

Gets called awful.

Can we name this "Mike Bennett Syndrome?" or has it happened before Bennett came in which I'm sure it has.

I don't see why people expect heels, especially bigger heels to do crazy crap especially on their 3rd or 4th match with the company. I thought the match was solid from a standard babyface vs bigger heel point of things. I don't need QT doing springboard shooting stars to show that he knows how to work as a bigger wrestler. It didn't help that the majority of Tadarius' offense had no connection at all, but of course if he just does cool move he gets a pass on that.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

YimYac wrote:

Gets called awful.

Can we name this "Mike Bennett Syndrome?" or has it happened before Bennett came in which I'm sure it has.

I don't see why people expect heels, especially bigger heels to do crazy crap especially on their 3rd or 4th match with the company.
THIS

I don´t get why everybody does that always with the non spotmonkeys newcomers, let then face some stablish guys and if they don´t work well against them you can complain, but i think that a short TV match and a 4 way were everybody was nervous as heel because if was the biggest match in their career are good examples to have an opinion about any wrestler.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

YimYac wrote:

Gets called awful.

I don't see why people expect heels, especially bigger heels to do crazy crap especially on their 3rd or 4th match with the company. I thought the match was solid from a standard babyface vs bigger heel point of things. I don't need QT doing springboard shooting stars to show that he knows how to work as a bigger wrestler. It didn't help that the majority of Tadarius' offense had no connection at all, but of course if he just does cool move he gets a pass on that.
This
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I'm gonna give Marshall a shot, but up until now he just seems as bad as Bennett. And no this does not necessarily mean I only want spotmonkey with cool moves in ROH, I've also grown on Ciampa and Mondo, who might not have a fancy moveset, but are still good, decent workers (in contrast to Bennett but that's another issue) but from what I've seen Marshall is bland, generic, has timing issues and absolutely no charisma. But as I've said, I'm gonna wait and see. Hopefully he turns out to be another Cimapa rather than another Bennett.
What I am going to criticize though is the fact Marshall apparently gets more of a push than Thomas, which is just ridiculous. Compared to Thomas, Marshall seems to be a totally green jobber.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

ROHWorld - Where people can't accept others having different opinions.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

YimYac wrote:

Gets called awful.

Correct, since everybody complaining about him was upset he didn't do more cool flips and head drops, it had nothing to do with him not having the basics down, no charisma, and offering nothing what so ever for you to be invested in him.

Stop putting words in our mouths, your lack of valid points and flipping truths and words around to assist you might work with your 7th grade friends, but they aren't working here.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

"No charisma"

Yeah the guy has cut 1 promo and that was before he got his gimmick, so based off 4 of his matches you can totally tell whether or not a guy has charisma right? Unlike Tadarius who has shown so much charisma by doing flips right?

I'd like to remind everyone that a Tommaso Ciampa was a blackhole of charisma for over a year. Anyone saying Tommaso showed charisma anytime during his first year with the embassy is blatantly lying to themselves.

Tommaso didn't start to show charisma until he began doing the psychopath gimmick.

Notice he debuted in late 2010 and didn't start the psychopath gimmick until early 2012. Wow it's almost like guys need time to find a niche for themselves that fits in ROH.
Stop putting words in our mouths, your lack of valid points and flipping truths and words around to assist you might work with your 7th grade friends, but they aren't working here
Yes I'm the one with 7th grade friends as we can see by how mature you are with this post here. Please avoid personal attacks before the mods have to step in.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

YimYac wrote:"No charisma"

Yeah the guy has cut 1 promo and that was before he got his gimmick, so based off 4 of his matches you can totally tell whether or not a guy has charisma right? Unlike Tadarius who has shown so much charisma by doing flips right?
This :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MOOSE!
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

DieHard wrote:
YimYac wrote:"No charisma"

This :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm growing disappointed in you, TBH. It's not like you to take someone to task for having a different opinion. Others, maybe, but you have always been respectful about people not always having your viewpoint.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

And FYI, Die Hard, your initial post on the subject was a good example of what I'm talking about.
If the match was "awful" you needs to balme TD Thomas and not QT Marshall because he did nothing here (and i belive the reason is because they wanted to show everyone the cool movest of Thomas with letting Marshall go over)
You explain your view point perfectly. I, personally, don't agree. But that's OK. It's your viewpoint and your entitled to that. What's better is you explain your viewpoint without being condescending or insulting people for having a different viewpoint, and that makes all the difference. Others might have trouble accepting that someone might not think the way they do, but you're good about being more open-minded then that. Don't fall into that trap, you're better than that.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Being flippy is better than being nothing, which so far is what QT is. Not that Tadarius Thomas even counts as flippy for having interesting moves that set him apart from everyone else and garner reactions.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Marketh. wrote:Being flippy is better than being nothing, which so far is what QT is. Not that Tadarius Thomas even counts as flippy for having interesting moves that set him apart from everyone else and garner reactions.
It doesn't help that none of Tadarius' offense had any impact or connection. Yeah he can do cool moves but if none of it looks impactful or even hits the target then what is the point.

Doing moves just to do them is one of the biggest problems on the indies and something ROH should be above right now. Compare 2010 Roderick Strong to now, even he has toned down the amount of moves he does and they have more meaning.

I'm not saying Tadarius is bad, but he is overrated highly by this forum because all he has is cool moves. But hey I guess that's what people like these days, I personally am not one of those people.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

syxxpakk wrote:And FYI, Die Hard, your initial post on the subject was a good example of what I'm talking about.
If the match was "awful" you needs to balme TD Thomas and not QT Marshall because he did nothing here (and i belive the reason is because they wanted to show everyone the cool movest of Thomas with letting Marshall go over)
You explain your view point perfectly. I, personally, don't agree. But that's OK. It's your viewpoint and your entitled to that. What's better is you explain your viewpoint without being condescending or insulting people for having a different viewpoint, and that makes all the difference. Others might have trouble accepting that someone might not think the way they do, but you're good about being more open-minded then that. Don't fall into that trap, you're better than that.
Why did you just blatantly ignore someone like Jeremy having personal attacks in their post?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Then you're watching a different Tadarius Thomas than me, because I see his offence connecting. How much meaning does a guy with that offence need other than "to simultaneously dodge and strike my opponent" and "shock and confuse my opponent" when he's a lowcarder with no story to tell right now? He does it to get over and so far it's working a lot better than QT's "nothing" psychology and is a lot more entertaining.
Last Real Man Hype
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

YimYac wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:And FYI, Die Hard, your initial post on the subject was a good example of what I'm talking about.
Why did you just blatantly ignore someone like Jeremy having personal attacks in their post?
........I didn't.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

And again, YimYac, it was YOUR idea for us to avoid one another. Please start doing it, thanks.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

YimYac, there's no need to defend QT Marshall so much.

Some people like him, others dont. Simple.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:YimYac, there's no need to defend QT Marshall so much.

Some people like him, others dont. Simple.
I'm more defending his style of wrestling than anything.

I just find it annoying the Mike Bennett Syndrome is creeping back into this fanbase when we should be above that at this point in time and recognize that not everyone has to do cool stuff to fit into ROH.
On the otherhand you see people saying how great Tommaso is, forgetting that the entire time he was in the Embassy he was a charisma blackhole until he started the psychopath gimmick which took him well over a year to accomplish.

I defended Mike Bennett the same way when debuted and people tunes have finally started to change about him. Bennett is still close to the same wrestler he was on his debut, but people finally are appreciated what he offers to ROH and his style.
Last edited by YimYac on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.