Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:16 pm Strong go-home show. Dalton's openning promo was kindda meh, but the two matches were great and got a lot of time. Plus, good built into the PPV.

I LOVED the main event. Crazy trios match. Briscoes vs. Bucks have the potential to be the best match they've ever had.
Dalton's promo was heavily edited. They also cut out Taven and the Kingdom coming out and calling out Dalton. Not sure why. Even live the ending felt odd, I think Taven may have missed his cue.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:45 am
AlexROH wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:16 pm Strong go-home show. Dalton's openning promo was kindda meh, but the two matches were great and got a lot of time. Plus, good built into the PPV.

I LOVED the main event. Crazy trios match. Briscoes vs. Bucks have the potential to be the best match they've ever had.
Dalton's promo was heavily edited. They also cut out Taven and the Kingdom coming out and calling out Dalton. Not sure why. Even live the ending felt odd, I think Taven may have missed his cue.
I dont think adding Taven into the World title mix un the episode before the show makes sense.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

I dont think adding Taven into the World title mix un the episode before the show makes sense.
They have the storyline piece in place to do it, but I agree that doing so on the go-home show for the PPV is terrible timing.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Wilson wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:03 pm
- Shane / Woods is a lost cause, gang
I think you mean Woods in general is a lost cause.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It was more about the match quality this week rather than adding any real depth in terms of storyline to many of the matches, but the main event hyped the tag and tv title matches really well. All four of Martinez, Page, Nick Jackson and Mark Briscoe had a couple of nasty moments that they did well to recover from.

Another thing with the main they really didn't have to use so many/if they any, chairs and tables in the match, especially without any real acknolwedgement from the referee. Wrestling as a whole has become so lax with this and honestly we need to go back to the referee's actually being legimently authoritive in all matches not just when it takes the companies fancy.

With this version of the Briscoes and the Bucks they could really put on something special at the PPV, i hope they do because it would deserve it. In many ways i hope it continues afterwards and they push on to many different match variations, especially something like a ladder war.

Taven def missed his cue Dalton was really looking to fill time when he shouldn't have, that said i still think he came off pretty strong and gave some focus to the main event which has been lacking with promos etc.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Tavens been in the mix for ages though, hes been going about getting a title shot for months and is relentless on twitter about it all. It may mean they are going to change the title and having someone challenge Dalton wouldn't make sense if he isn't even going to be the champ.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:33 am It was more about the match quality this week rather than adding any real depth in terms of storyline to many of the matches, but the main event hyped the tag and tv title matches really well. All four of Martinez, Page, Nick Jackson and Mark Briscoe had a couple of nasty moments that they did well to recover from.

Another thing with the main they really didn't have to use so many/if they any, chairs and tables in the match, especially without any real acknolwedgement from the referee. Wrestling as a whole has become so lax with this and honestly we need to go back to the referee's actually being legimently authoritive in all matches not just when it takes the companies fancy.

With this version of the Briscoes and the Bucks they could really put on something special at the PPV, i hope they do because it would deserve it. In many ways i hope it continues afterwards and they push on to many different match variations, especially something like a ladder war.

Taven def missed his cue Dalton was really looking to fill time when he shouldn't have, that said i still think he came off pretty strong and gave some focus to the main event which has been lacking with promos etc.
I'm all in for Ladder War VII (ROH did name the last 2 ladder matches as "wars") at DBD between Briscoes and YB. The two generations of tag team wrestlers in a stipulation that both dominate. Man, I need to watch it now ASAP ahahha.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:36 am

Tavens been in the mix for ages though, hes been going about getting a title shot for months and is relentless on twitter about it all. It may mean they are going to change the title and having someone challenge Dalton wouldn't make sense if he isn't even going to be the champ.
This is one of the main reasons why I think Dalton is retaining on Friday. Taven is going to beat Castle for the title.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:08 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:33 am It was more about the match quality this week rather than adding any real depth in terms of storyline to many of the matches, but the main event hyped the tag and tv title matches really well. All four of Martinez, Page, Nick Jackson and Mark Briscoe had a couple of nasty moments that they did well to recover from.

I'm all in for Ladder War VII (ROH did name the last 2 ladder matches as "wars") at DBD between Briscoes and YB. The two generations of tag team wrestlers in a stipulation that both dominate. Man, I need to watch it now ASAP ahahha.
haha, yeah i think it would really be something, it may not have the overall emotion of Generico/Steen vs the Briscoes but i think it could be close
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:36 am

This is one of the main reasons why I think Dalton is retaining on Friday. Taven is going to beat Castle for the title.
Interesting, i think that's the good the thing about Taven he has actually mixed it up with all three of them in one way or another and taking a storyline with him and anyone of those three would make sense, especially Cody.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Now I think it was on purpose to build the Kingdom Conspiracy and Taven's road to the title --> https://twitter.com/MattTaven/status/10 ... 9356984320
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Now I think it was on purpose to build the Kingdom Conspiracy and Taven's road to the title --> https://twitter.com/MattTaven/status/10 ... 9356984320
.......that's the wrong promo. Let's see if they cut this promo out from after his match with Ultimo Guerrero.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Crowd was hot for Taven vs Guerrero
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Never thought i would say this but Taven is one of my favourite things in wrestling, personally I think he is has become great in pretty much every aspect and it's great to watch. I could certainly see him outgrow the Kingdom to the point where you could have TK and Vinnie turn on him and just have a new Kingdom, hopefully that wouldn't take away from Taven's persona now.

I think the next step for ROH especially with TV, has to be finding that perfect role for a wrestler that comes in, much sooner than they have. We have had so many growing pains with so many wrestlers due to many still finding themselves, being comfortable enough to really go hard into their charachter, Taven was certainly being one of them and it kind of takes the wind out their sales a bit.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't think you need to break up the Kingdom. Maybe just add a lieutenant for Taven and relegate TK and Marseglia to a lower card tag team for a bit.

Taven could use a solid veteran to corner him and sometimes team with him, though. Someone like Caprice Coleman or maybe go outside the roster and get a Stevie Richards or something.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:54 pm Crowd was hot for Taven vs Guerrero
Yeah, this was a solid four-star match. Ultimo was really motivated out there (even stunting hard for generic 'lucha libre' chants, what a worker). The 'Taven is actually not so bad' conversations happening right now have been years in the making. Love to see a plan come through.

I'm also in the boat that thinks Taven doesn't get much from working with Marseglia or O'Ryan. Work with what you got, I guess, but he'd be better off with a plain old manager.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I still think people unfairly let Marseglia drag down their evaluation of TK.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

You're probably right, but I think he's just OK right now with some potential to grow. Still think that they both do more work to weigh Taven down than to make him shine.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That's why I was saying in the other thread that Taven needs a lieutenant. A credible, established guy who is going to back Taven but never outshine him. Like a Coleman or a Stevie.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Taven is an undeniable treasure. Loved the match with Ultimo Guerrero. I would love for him to have a world title run. Would have just absolute nuclear heat in every city.