Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Re: ROH TV Show Discussion Thread

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Anybody else have feedback on this week's TV show? Your views will be featured on the latest 'Fan Reaction' article on the website.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

It was a very good show this week. The opening promo with Richards,Strong,Edwards,Steen and Lethal was a god way to make the ROH Title feel important. I like the way Adam Cole continues to pick up wins, C&C Wrestling Factory finally get a win and Kyle O'Reilly is showing more heel ways.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This week i like the initial promo a lot make the ROH Title feel important, my favorite part was when Elgin was about to answer Strong and the Steen music hit. C&C Wrestling Factory vs WGTT was a decent match a good victory for them and continue the Briscoes-WGTT feud and finally the ME was really good match, i like heelish O´Reilly and the moment where leave while HoT ambush Cole was a cool one, good way to keep Cole winning streak and don´t hurt Elgin in the process.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6fVYweGs1w

March Mayhem final looks amazing!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Anyone else watched the TV show this week! It´s on guys, Border Wars will be awesome!
adam08

Post by adam08 »

Kevin steen should win the belt in canada don't do it at Best in the world 2. That would be to predictable. Its the same thing with Nigel were he should of won the world title in the Uk.
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

Special "ROAD RAGE" episode next week featuring stuff from Showdown in the Sun. I'll go ahead and assume that the next two weeks will be "ROAD RAGE" eps, one for Night 1 and one for Night 2.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Just saw Mondo vs Taven and it was an awesome match well deserved the "That was awesome" chants, ROH needs more Mondo!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This weeks TV Show was really good, Steen vs O´Reilly was a really good short match, i think they will use it as a excuse to say that O´Reilly is injure for Border Wars. And we had a TJP/Young Bucks promo, Bucks vs TJP/Red at BITW ´12?
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

I agree. Excellent show this week. All three matches delivered, but I was especially impressed with the opener. For the first time ever Ciampa showed me some personality in this one. And the match itself was awesome for a little TV match with no hype or bcbackstory. The (totally unexpected) rise of Matt Taven continues. The same goes for Mike Mondo. I love his dirty tactics. ROH really has something good here, in Taven and Mondo, and TJ Perkins as well. (By the way, very clever promos from TJP as of late) I hope they continue to push all three of these guys.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The did a good job hyping the Rhino vs Edwards match, Rhino´s promos were all good
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

The best part about the opener is I really thought Taven was going to be the one to finally pin Ciampa.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Taven can be the next Eddie Edwards in my opinion, this guy is great!
MOOSE!
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

That CHIKARA match this week was a breath of fresh air and I hope The Colony appears more. It was so refreshing to see a match that didn't take itself so seriously, which is a recurring problem I have with ROH.

Reyes VS Lethal was decent for the short amount of time it got (Three matches all within the first 30 minutes?), Reyes should be uses a lot more than the subpar local talent they've used at some of the house shows lately. If Whitmer can come back and have a strong showing, Reyes can be the same. Him and Perkins maybe?

Oh, a major bad point tonight: The camera. It repeatedly showed clips of an apathetic crowd during the CHIKARA match (Including during the first few seconds of the match and during some of the bigger spots), then got in the way during Lethal/Reyes and totally shot the wrong angle so you could clearly see Reyes miss Lethal by several inches on a stomp. The production is increasing nicely, along with the overall flow, but the cameras could still use a lot of improvement.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

I like "serious" wrestling/ROH. I'm not saying, that ROH shouldn't bring in outside talents from time to time, but it should at least be "traditional" pro wrestlers (like Finlay or D-Line), not joke artists like the Chikara guys.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I hope they don't bring D-Line back again
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Yeah, it wasn't a good example, you're right.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

DanielBryanson wrote:I like "serious" wrestling/ROH. I'm not saying, that ROH shouldn't bring in outside talents from time to time, but it should at least be "traditional" pro wrestlers (like Finlay or D-Line), not joke artists like the Chikara guys.
Since El Generico is definitely a "traditional" pro wrestler....

I'd like to see more CHIKARA guys in ROH, but at the moment with the booking I don't think they'll be used right sadly, just filler or jobbers to WGTT or something.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Generico WRESTLES! The Chikara guys, I don't know, what it is they do in the ring. To make it clear: It's not their looks I'm talking about, it's what they do between the ropes.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

"Joke artists"? So because CHIKARA and ROH work differently, that means CHIKARA's style isn't "real wrestling"?

In addition to insulting every member of the CHIKARA roster with your ludicrous statements, I think your point has no ground. They WRESTLE differently than ROH guys, but in a good way and in a way that can add to the product (Especially the crumbling tag division).

It sounds like you've seen very little of their product, if you had I think you would realize how idiotic your "joke artists" comment is. There is a bit of humor in there, but in my opinion it makes it seem fun, which in this era of ROH have no self-awareness. If you have a probably with some of the comedy aspects, I can understand if that isn't your thing, but to still say they aren't wrestlers is rather insulting.

EDIT: One more thing: ROH has always had some people who are a bit off the wall. El Generico, Colt Cabana, Delirious, Jacobs/Lacey, etc. Most of those elements are either gone or evolved into something else. I think that's a big problem many (myself included) have with ROH now; There aren't those "breaks" in between your Davey Richards, your WGTT, etc. The CHIKARA guys could easily fill that niche again, and since ROH and CHIKARA run in similar areas, a good chunk of the crowd is familiar with them already.