Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: ROH TV Show Discussion Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think BITW Road Rage is the right direction for the iPPVs Road Rages, a few undercard match, hightlights from the ME and don´t show Adam Cole vs Kyle O´Reilly (wich is the money maker of the iPPV) live in TV, i am really happy about this show i hope they keep doing them this way.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I don't think they should show the iPPV at all. They should use that format for DVD tapings and shouldn't show iPPV Road Rages period. It's going to hurt their iPPV business most likely.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If they show all the important matches yes but if they show only 1/2 matches i think is find, i mean they NEED to show the TV Title match on TV at least.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Giving away matches that people paid to see for free is never a good idea. Ever.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I agree but if you defend your TV Champion is pointless not showing in TV, that was what i tried to say with showing the TV Title match
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

You don't have to show every TV title match on TV. There have been many promotions before who have had TV matches on PPV that didn't air on TV.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Next week isn't road rage too is it?
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

You've got to be shitting me. I didn't acquire this week's episode because I've already seen BITW. Someone confirm this ASAP please.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

WHEW.

From a review via the WON web site:
Kelly previews that next week will have Eddie Edwards and Adam Cole vs Mike Bennett and Brutal Bob Evans as well as more on the situation between Jim Cornette and Kevin Steen.
So next week should be the new tapings.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Finally! Looking forward to that Kenny King main event on August 11th... over a month after he left ROH :lol:
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

187_Joeism wrote:I agree but if you defend your TV Champion is pointless not showing in TV, that was what i tried to say with showing the TV Title match
Or they could just, I don't know, have more title defenses on TV itself and save the major title matches for iPPV?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Jeremy wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I agree but if you defend your TV Champion is pointless not showing in TV, that was what i tried to say with showing the TV Title match
Or they could just, I don't know, have more title defenses on TV itself and save the major title matches for iPPV?
I don´t mind if they do that in fact it would be great
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

ROH Wrestling 21-7-12 show:

-Edwards & Cole vs Bennett & Brutal Bob was a good opener, Edwards vs Bennett feud is really underrated, really good booking in general and it was nice to see Sara del Rey back to ROH.
-WGTT vs Fusion DS was a decent match, too bad that the Kenny King thing was after the tapings so there is nothing they can do with the promos is the same with the carolinas shows.
-Steen vs Mondo was really good, Mondo is more over in Baltimore than Steen, that´s amazing. Steen talking with the mic during the match was funny and Kingston return was great too.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

There's actually plenty they could do as far as promoting the Carolina shows. Edit it out.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t know nothing about production, how can they edit that? When the shows where recorded the shows still on so that´s why the promos still in the programs i think, if i am wrong explain to me.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

It's simple, you cut the parts mentioning the Carolina's out. This can be done with any video editing software, like Windows Movie Maker. To continue airing footage promoting these cancelled events is bush-league at best, and reminiscent of WCW in 1993 at worst.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

syxxpakk wrote:It's simple, you cut the parts mentioning the Carolina's out. This can be done with any video editing software, like Windows Movie Maker. To continue airing footage promoting these cancelled events is bush-league at best, and reminiscent of WCW in 1993 at worst.
Yeah but that could look weird for example Cornette talked about that shows in his promo, if you cut that everybody would notice that you cut that part, right?
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

A good or even novice editor can make it look good.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Ok i didn´t know that, thanks for explain it. Production problems aside the show was really good this week, i hope that Del Rey wrestle one last time to complete the Edwards vs Bennett storyline before moving to FCW. The ME was great all the Mondo detractors should watch it, he was more over than Steen in the match even though Baltimore crowd help him a lot, best crowd for ROH by far right now Baltimore.
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

187_Joeism wrote:Ok i didn´t know that, thanks for explain it. Production problems aside the show was really good this week, i hope that Del Rey wrestle one last time to complete the Edwards vs Bennett storyline before moving to FCW. The ME was great all the Mondo detractors should watch it, he was more over than Steen in the match even though Baltimore crowd help him a lot, best crowd for ROH by far right now Baltimore.
It was a great match but it seemed that Steen was carrying him through most of it. I don't hate Mondo but I hate his look. He looks like a generic WWE jobber. I was shaking my head when I saw that some people were wearing #maineventmondo t-shirts. He should be nowhere near the main event imo.