Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

AssShooter wrote:They need to have an automatic upload of the TV episodes on their website, each time there is an holiday the show is late.
I don't know what happened to this week's episode but it isn't available or listed on FiteTV.
That's pretty much unacceptable in 2016.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

I could've sworn Naito had turned on Lethal on some tag match during WotW this year. Am I imagining things?
Big Red Machine

Leo C wrote:I could've sworn Naito had turned on Lethal on some tag match during WotW this year. Am I imagining things?
You are not. They must have made up at some point between now and the G1 because they were working together fine at the end of the G1. It does make you question why they had Naito walk out on Lethal back in May if they were going to be working together just fine the next time we saw them, both in ROH and New Japan. I'm just worried that the answer is either because they're not planning that far in advance or because they thought that they needed some way to protect Lethal so they decided on doing a screwy finish that should theoretically be important to the storylines, figuring they can just "correct" it off screen.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Christopher Daniels (no Kazarian flanking him) cut a fantastic promo leading into ASE. It's the best ROH promo this year. Get him out of The Addiction and place him into a gatekeeper position right now.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

So Jay Lethal acts like a complete asshole to Naito in the tag match against The Bullet Club. To the point of slapping Naito in the face to make a tag and we're supposed to feel sorry for Lethal? Um, okay. The commentating continues to be fucking miserable as Kelly just undersells that and sympathizes with Lethal.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It was a very good promo by Daniels and really allowed us deep inside the the mentality and emotion of the addiction add that to what I thought was a good sample of what Shane Taylor can bring (it really did surprise me, how good it was) and I think especially within the tag team scene we have a much better idea of there personalities and reasoning and there really needs to be more of this from now on.

I can't complain to heavily about the TV product the last two months it really has had a lot of good about it and seems really promising for what could be the future of where the product is headed. Still a way to go, but it has me interested and wanting to see more.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Hall of Fame promo by Christopher Daniels this week.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Hall of Fame promo by Christopher Daniels this week.

Cole's second promo was also pretty awesome. The rest of the show was infuriating.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The ROH production crew deserves to get buried...they spelled Jonathan Gresham's last name as Grisham.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I am waiting for the day Naito physically manhandles Todd Sinclair like he has Red Shoes in NJPW.

Why isn't Jonathan Gresham a regular guy?

Kyle O'Reilly does himself no favors with the fans by whining like a douche as scientific wrestler Jonathan Gresham does what has been an established routine of wrestling forever. Going after the injury.

Kevin Kelly buries himself even further by saying Delirious is one of his faves. Jesus how fucking pathetic.

I fast forward every segment involving Corino and Sullivan.

I liked the beat down Page gave Fish. It seems they are all in with Page getting the TV title. I am an Adam Page guy so I'm fine with that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Is it just me, or has ROH not been up to date on uploading their TV show to the website as of late? The most recent episode posted was Episode #264 from 10/8 (featuring matches from Field of Honor '16).
KL_

Post by KL_ »

at "ROH TV Archive" the most recent episode is #264, but on "current ROH TV" there is the recent one episode. Since monday there is episode from 10/22. And of course earlier there was episode from 10/15.
:D
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

KL_ wrote:at "ROH TV Archive" the most recent episode is #264, but on "current ROH TV" there is the recent one episode. Since monday there is episode from 10/22. And of course earlier there was episode from 10/15.
:D
Right 10/22 is the current episode being shown, but I'm also trying to find 10/15. That episode wasn't posted, last time I checked.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I don’t know if their servers fumbled since then, but I watched episode #265 over the weekend.

The episode is definitely out there if you need to see it . . . somewhere.
Big Red Machine

Should I assume that the Gresham vs. Delirious match is nowhere near as good or technically based as the announcers were putting it over as being?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Big Red Machine wrote:Should I assume that the Gresham vs. Delirious match is nowhere near as good or technically based as the announcers were putting it over as being?
If you like World of Sport catch as catch can technical work you'll like it, they don't throw a single strike throughout it. It's a lot of british inspired technical wrestling. You already seem to have made up your mind so you most likely won't enjoy it.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote:Should I assume that the Gresham vs. Delirious match is nowhere near as good or technically based as the announcers were putting it over as being?
I mean, it’s one of the most favored matches of the year featuring a very heavily favored wrestler that is prominently advertised in the “Creating Excellence” reel. You tell me if it’s good.
Spoiler: show
For context:
Wilson wrote:Kevin Kelly sets the record straight during ROH on SBG #266:

"One of my most favorite matches in 2016 was recently on the Reloaded Tour in Pittsburgh--and it's available now at ROHwrestling dot com. Jonathan Gresham wrestled Delirious, who's one of my favorites."
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Wilson wrote:
I mean, it’s one of the most favored matches of the year featuring a very heavily favored wrestler that is prominently advertised in the “Creating Excellence” reel. You tell me if it’s good.
For context:

"One of my most favorite matches in 2016 was recently on the Reloaded Tour in Pittsburgh--and it's available now at ROHwrestling dot com. Jonathan Gresham wrestled Delirious, who's one of my favorites."
It was a match to put Gresham over in a style he is very confortable, not a match of year contender by any means but a really enjoyable match, if you like that style or Gresham you will enjoy the match.

If you have any bias going into the match i don´t think you will like it that much but it should be a fun watch at least. Delirious was a non factor there, the match was all about Gresham.
leenie426

Post by leenie426 »

187_Joeism wrote:
Wilson wrote:
For context:

It was a match to put Gresham over in a style he is very confortable, not a match of year contender by any means but a really enjoyable match, if you like that style or Gresham you will enjoy the match.

If you have any bias going into the match i don´t think you will like it that much but it should be a fun watch at least. Delirious was a non factor there, the match was all about Gresham.
I was in Pittsburgh for this show. Gresham looked to be calling most of the match and Delirious looked to be out of gas afterwards. Makes sense he was tired, my friends and I saw him and girlfriend Mandy Leon arrive together, they probably had an early morning workout / working for a push session :o :lol: :mrgreen:
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Compared to last week, this week was quite a let down of a show, all the matches just didn't deliver and because of the no one knowing who the Kingdom were it just lead to a bit of damp squid of a debut. A video package for Taven would have been nice especially about his blown out Knee and just to generally enhance bit more of the story to him vs Cole and maybe about the other guys to, maybe we will get that further down the road or at Final Battle. Got to say Cole just looked so weak and generally shit in the trios match that to be considered the main guy was kind of embarrassing. Cole also really shouldn't be giving guys Power-Bombs he can't lift, same for Nick as well. TKO looked nervous and trying to find his feet, as it was his debut and the main event it was quite a bit to ask overall, but he has got talent and it will just take time for him get his feet under him i'm sure. Marseglia looked good and his Swanton is pretty dam nice. Taven looked good in his moments and hopefully when Cole get's up to speed they'll have some good matches.

I liked the package they did for Dragon Lee, if ROH can just get some footage to use for CMLL guys from CMLL it will certainly help and just give the viewer a bit more than just a guy being in the ring. Although the match wasn't great Fish did a nice job with his ribs, and It will be interesting to see how they sell it next week if he still has issues or if he is completely fine.

Overall that's probably the worst episode in a long time, hopefully they other episodes that are coming up don't end up similar to this one. Although I'm not hopefully considering the spoilers for the next set of shows.