Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: ROH TV Show Discussion Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

You have to give the fans what they want, if they like Mondo in Baltimore i don´t see the problem of giving him a title shot, i mean look at the crowd in the match chanting for Mondo instead of the generics chants for Steen
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

ROHIsWrestling wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Ok i didn´t know that, thanks for explain it. Production problems aside the show was really good this week, i hope that Del Rey wrestle one last time to complete the Edwards vs Bennett storyline before moving to FCW. The ME was great all the Mondo detractors should watch it, he was more over than Steen in the match even though Baltimore crowd help him a lot, best crowd for ROH by far right now Baltimore.
It was a great match but it seemed that Steen was carrying him through most of it. I don't hate Mondo but I hate his look. He looks like a generic WWE jobber. I was shaking my head when I saw that some people were wearing #maineventmondo t-shirts. He should be nowhere near the main event imo.
Yeah, guys that are good and over enough to have fans wearing their shirt and get cheered over Steen shouldn't be pushed.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This weeks preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrVXOzGh ... r_embedded

ROH TV Title: Roderick Strong vs Adam Cole
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

187_Joeism wrote:This weeks preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrVXOzGh ... r_embedded

ROH TV Title: Roderick Strong vs Adam Cole
I wonder who's going to win? :lol:
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

@187_Joeism: I watched it today. All they had to do was, when Cornette first brought up Homicide - cut to a shot of Homicide, a still picture of him. Insert new audio to reflect the Homicide/Kevin Steen match being Baltimore, mute the old audio, and then switch right back to the promo and continue as is. They didn't though, I suspect, because that would require more efforts than it's worth to them.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Another very good TV show from ROH. Have watched the main event twice already. Something I nowadays don't do very often.

I really enjoy Steen's title reign so far. Future doesn't look too bad with him as champ, and with guys like Elgin, Cole, Ciampa, Titus, Mondo and Bennett on the rise.

(Edit: I was talking about last week's show, not yesterday's!)
Last edited by DanielBryanson on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Good show this week, I liked that Ciampa speak in Italian, good touch with his gimmick, now that Ciampa is out of the Embassy let´s see if Nana comes with someone looking for revenge, and great ME i loved it too.

I was thinking about the ANX thing and i am ok with what they are doing, King is out now but they can´t pretend that they never won the titles.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I'm really digging this set of tapings so far. The Mondo/Steen match was shockingly good, looks like we can add him to the list of singles guys on the rise. They have been managing their time very well, with a healthy balance of good wrestling, angles, and hype for upcoming shows.

I'm enjoying what's been put on my TV screen from ROH lately.. any major downsides stem not so much from the booking but from the delay in getting the tapings to air (and the production, but I'll leave that dead horse alone). The second Road Rage from Charleston and the one from Best in the World were completely unnecessary and caused ROH to have no television followup to its last PPV for nearly a month. I won't completely fault them for the continuation of the ANX/WGTT feud being shown as it was a large part of the tapings, but they could at least run a crawler or something explaining why he's still on ROH TV.

In addition, hyping the cancelled Carolinas weekend, or showing a promo for Boiling Point that makes no mention of the fact that it's an iPPV is inexcusable. If they're going to continue with this month at a time taping format, they desperately need to start editing new footage into the shows like they did during HDNet. As seems to often be the case with ROH on Sinclair, they're putting on a great show, but the production/business side remains frustrating.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They said in their twitter regarding to the iPPV this:

ROH Wrestling ‏@ringofhonor

@H0lyPuma we decided on adding the iPPV after the production of the tv show was complete

And Kevin Kelly said this about the Kenny King situation:

Kevin Kelly @realkevinkelly

@vivamattyvegas Well Sara is at Boiling Point on 8/11, mixed tag is on PPV. Kenny leaving sux but not worth cost of reshooting everything
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

So lazy. Can't be bothered to get to re-edit a show.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Anyone remember back when Roderick Strong had first won the belt? The first several episodes of the HDNet show to air after the PPV had been taped before the PPV, and through the use of interviews taped later, new commentary in post-production, and the editing of any ring entrances that showed him without the belt, they managed to do a pretty damn convincing job of making it appear like the shows were taped after he had won the title. Now, they can't even bother to do something simple like insert a 3 minute highlight video of a PPV into the episode that airs the following week, or removing advertisements for a show that was cancelled weeks ago.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

ROH about releasing ROH TV (SBG) on DVD:

“@ringofhonor: we are working on releasing the full episodes on DVDs”
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Much enjoyed this week's episode. Adam Cole got what ANX deserved at BITW - a decisive, clean win over to win the belt. What's up with the crowd mic, though? Almost non-existent this week. Good job hyping up Eddie Kingston even if it was bit of revisionist history (Eddie Kingston, aside from maybe his DBD4 appearance, has never been anything like Kevin Steen in ROH), but the stuff for Maria/Bennett vs. Del Rey/Edwards was lacking. Maria did an excellent job, but Eddie and Sara came off goofy. Getting tired of Rhino, I wish they'd spend that money on someone else - which is generally something I never tend to wish for. Love the Ciampa development.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

syxxpakk wrote:Getting tired of Rhino...
Me too! I'm fine with WGTT, but Rhino does nothing for me. The same goes for Finlay and Storm.
Just give us The Bucks and TJP instead.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I liked Storm's contribution, Finlay was good to have around especially in the background environment because he has a wealth of experience in the industry, and Rhino has been doing the same routine now for well over a decade, should probably look at that and readjust.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

DanielBryanson wrote:
Me too! I'm fine with WGTT, but Rhino does nothing for me. The same goes for Finlay and Storm.
Rhino is more over in Baltimore than the Young Bucks & TJP, you just had to listen the crowd chanting for the Gore!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

187_Joeism wrote:
DanielBryanson wrote:
Rhino is more over in Baltimore than the Young Bucks & TJP, you just had to listen the crowd chanting for the Gore!
And from the reports - he had 2 MOTN in Petersburg and Milwaukee. Also his match with EE was very good. People don't like him because he's ex-WWE wrestler... eh.
MOOSE!
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

That's not it. He just bores me.

And why does he act so angry all of the time? Did his mother not cuddle him often enough when he was a little Rhino?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

DanielBryanson wrote:That's not it. He just bores me.

And why does he act so angry all of the time? Did his mother not cuddle him often enough when he was a little Rhino?
How he bored lol, what he did so far? he had only two serious matches and both were good. He's angry because he's a "war machine" or whatever his nickname is.
MOOSE!
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

So what did everyone think of Storm/Bennett III? I thought it was a pretty good match, maybe one too many punch exchanges but Bennett is definitely improving.