Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:35 pm Pco is mark briscoe partner
Can any spoilers of TV info be posted in the spoiler section please.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thought the ROH Dojo match was pretty good; and more or less; felt like they were about ready for main roster...specifically Keys and Dante. Eric Martin also looked good. Ken Dixon looked alright. I liked he was vocal; but didn't necessarily wow me. Thought this was a noticable improvement from their Top Prospect Tournament days. Not to mention; the improve physique.

I was hoping for a "all indy" TPT in 2021... but i wouldn't mind a DOJO vs. Indy Tournament. I'm not sure how much TV Time i'd still use on the dojo guys; but this could be good exclusive Honor Club content.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Glad to see Walters pick up a W. Hope we get to see him in 2021.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Thought Dixon looked the strongest out of all of them and if could watch a few Buzz Sawyer matches he really could be something.

Eric Martin needs the ring time but he has all the tools, especially if he gets stronger, adds to his body etc think he really could be something for ROH.

Overall each of them have something to work with they just needs the ring time not only with each but guys like Lethal, Gresham etc to get them on that learning tree.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

I liked the way they handled the dojo guys last week. It's a cool new take to somewhat mimic the NJPW approach.

I thought it was interesting Flip Gordon was allowed to refer to the covid situation as a "plandemic" in his interview for this week's show. I'm not so much surprised that he said it as much as the production team didn't edit it. Perhaps that's just supposed to be part of his character, though?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Really interesting stuff on the COVID special episode.

ROH has done everything right since the start of 2020. The Anniversary Show and Past vs Present were looking great but they shut down. They handled COVID perfectly. They handled the speaking out allegations perfectly, dissociating the brand from its biggest star even when the promotion was struggling. The Pure Tournament was fantastic. Final Battle was great.

I think if they can put together 3 or 4 more big cards like Final Battle over the next six months a lot of the buzz and goodwill will return for ROH.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

This week's episode reminded me how great 2020 could had been for ROH, if it wasn't for COVID and SpeakingOut issue :(
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

KL_ wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:47 am This week's episode reminded me how great 2020 could had been for ROH, if it wasn't for COVID and SpeakingOut issue :(
But on the other hand, if 2020 turned out as good as it did despite those awful issues, 2021 looks a lot brighter.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Maybe you're right. This 2020 after the Coronavirus break for ROH was good. I'm just thinking that ROH under Marty's wings could have been GREAT. But let's see what we're gonna have this year with what there is.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

KL_ wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:51 am Maybe you're right. This 2020 after the Coronavirus break for ROH was good. I'm just thinking that ROH under Marty's wings could have been GREAT. But let's see what we're gonna have this year with what there is.
I think Gresham is rapidly rising in power in ROH and he'll do a better job than Marty would have.

Gresham is:
-booker for the women's division
-head trainer of the ROH Dojo
-Pure champ
-Tag champ
-leader of the top stable in the company

Gresham is one of the main reasons for the return of the Pure title in the first place, and thus the positive direction ROH TV took after the restart.

And, as an added bonus, Gresham seems to not try to bang drunk teenage girls.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Haskins looked quite strong in the match against Lethal. I know he would have been coming off a main event World Title shot but it was a bit surprising. I'd read into that to say Haskins had a big 2020 planned for him.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Two very good matches this week. I'd love to see some more Horus vs. Dragon Lee.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, probably my favorite episode to date.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Dragon Lee and Rey Horus was great. Rhett did great with what he had to deal with as well. Felt like the booking for Rhett & Flip was typical Delirious bull shit. Thought commentary was really strong too.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Another fantastic episode.

They really need another show or at least to stretch the current one to two hours.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 pm Another fantastic episode.

They really need another show or at least to stretch the current one to two hours.
When the full roster is available one hour a week just isn't going to be enough.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ideally we get
A 2 hour weekly live show
Keep the current one hour show as the B show
1-3 Honor Club/PPV cards per month
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:30 pm Ideally we get
I've said for years unless you have a stacked roster like AEW, 90 minutes is the perfect time for wrestling shows. Gives you about 78 minutes of airtime to fill.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 pm
I've said for years unless you have a stacked roster like AEW, 90 minutes is the perfect time for wrestling shows. Gives you about 78 minutes of airtime to fill.
Most networks don't want a 90 minute show, though. Much easier to deal with one hour increments.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:06 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 pm
Most networks don't want a 90 minute show, though. Much easier to deal with one hour increments.
Yep. Really a tough spot to be in. Especially considering the vast array of regional networks & affiliates airing ROH right now. Ideally, you have a 90 minute show weekly on Honor Club and 60 min give or take airs on the tv affiliates.
Captain Podcast