Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

Post by AlexROH »

Grace hasn't sign with Impact, she is a freelancer that will do some dates with them.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I thought she signed with them
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Sumie would do well with Madison. Sumie tends to look bad when she's in there with someone significantly larger than she is, like Kelly Klein or Jenny Rose. Sumie simply isn't strong enough at her age to wrestle those women in the same way that she used to.

But Madison is much closer to Sumie's size and she's a smart veteran.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 am I thought she signed with them
I remember reading this as well.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Like Tessa Blanchard Grace signed with IMPACT for two years.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Another good episode this week, even though i really don't care for them I liked the whole bar scene with the bouncers, add that to how they introduced the Kingdom for the walk to the ring it's the sort of stuff the episodes need, get more charachter material so people start caring about or at least start to delve into charachters.

I thought the Three man Tag and Cobb/Taylor were very good TV matches, Dalton and Taven are really building something, I hope the match at Final Battle leads to a real fued because I think a blood bath with both would be really special.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Cobb/Taylor was sweet this week. They're going back on forth on Twitter, maybe we'll get a rematch soon.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

After some not so great weeks, I really loved this week's ROH TV. Great wrestling, with a strong performance by Cobb, Taylor, Isom and Castle, plus a great segment with SCU to build their title victory next week.
JDE

Post by JDE »

I’ve always liked Shane Taylor but felt he never had a breakout match. His match with Jeff Cobb was his breakout match! Loved every minute of it and can’t wait for the rematch.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Jesus. Shane Taylor is one of the last men you would ever expect to pull off a destroyer in a match.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 pm Jesus. Shane Taylor is one of the last men you would ever expect to pull off a destroyer in a match.
I marked out when I saw that. That match against Cobb was easily the best match Taylor has had yet in ROH. I would welcome a rematch in a heartbeat.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 pm Jesus. Shane Taylor is one of the last men you would ever expect to pull off a destroyer in a match.
I've basically stopped assuming that anyone can't do a Canadian Destroyer at this point.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If Brian Milonas pulls one out all bets are off.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Thought it was a strong episode this week, I really liked the package at the start of the episode with regards to Dalton and Taven, it's a shame they did it before the Global Wars considering what happened there it really would have added to the build.

Apart from a bit of miscue from TK O'Ryan on when he was coming in I thought the whole segment was good, Dalton does need a bit of work on his flow with the mic he does get a bit lost in his charachter which isn't a bad thing overall just need fine tuning.

The title change felt a bit flat mainly because I've known about for a long time, if you are changing the titles do it early or at least release it online. Otherwise it was a good match that I would expect out of all of the guys.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Enjoyed the episode this week, as usual there always a couple of things that bug me but I think overall it's still one of the most easiest watches of wrestling there is, especially comparing it to other companies.

Taven just gets better and better for me, he just owns his promos and his personality now which I think is starting to improve his ring work.

The Young Buck and Briscoes was what you expect not as good as previous matches but for a TV match it was certainly good.

I don't know it was a Final Battle lead in but there was an interesting pulse, heart rate vinette that happened a couple of times on the show, usually I would think it's about a debuting talent but it's hard to find someone that match the graphic, the only one I could think was the Heart Foundation but considering everything with MLW it's unlikely, another was Rush but he's already been announced so why do this. If it isn't Final Battle and it is talent it will be interesting to see it is.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Yeah, that heart rate was really intriging. Maybe it's a wrestler, but who knows.
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 am Enjoyed the episode this week, as usual there always a couple of things that bug me but I think overall it's still one of the most easiest watches of wrestling there is, especially comparing it to other companies.
This is definitely one thing that ROH has going for it. The only shows I find easier to watch are NXT and RevPro. 205 Live has better matches, but is sometimes harder to watch. And no one else's TV even comes close to being as easy to watch.
JDE

Post by JDE »

I really liked the latest episode from a storyline aspect. All of the build to Final Battle has been excellent! If people plan on getting Final Battle and haven’t seen the last few weeks of TV you should check them out before watching the Pay per view.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Impact fans thinks Roh doesn't have story lines and their tv is trash from a production stand point to the writing
Big Red Machine

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:15 pm Impact fans thinks Roh doesn't have story lines and their tv is trash from a production stand point to the writing
Yeah, but they've thought this about ROH in general since 2002.