Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 am I haven't seen this weeks, but the end of the tag team title match with War Machine and MCMG was pretty much the worse, cluster fuck of an ending I have seen from ROH in a long time. I mean seriously silly string and still no DQ just the what the hell was that.
Yeah man, I can see what you're saying. War Machine looks dumb. The Addiction look like clowns. The match itself was pretty good up until that point. The MCMG's always look good working against a bigger team. The whole thing could have been avoided with, I don't know...A CLEAN FINISH.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:56 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 am I haven't seen this weeks, but the end of the tag team title match with War Machine and MCMG was pretty much the worse, cluster fuck of an ending I have seen from ROH in a long time. I mean seriously silly string and still no DQ just the what the hell was that.
Yeah man, I can see what you're saying. War Machine looks dumb. The Addiction look like clowns. The match itself was pretty good up until that point. The MCMG's always look good working against a bigger team. The whole thing could have been avoided with, I don't know...A CLEAN FINISH.
Yeah the whole thing did nothing for anyone involved, I can understand the lack of a clean finnish as you need to make sure War Machine deserve a title shot still, but this really wasn't the way. Just do it so the Addiction distract them and MCMG get a roll up, this was over the top and just sad to see, which is annoying considering how good TV and ROH has been in general.

I hope this is the last time we see this silly bullshit.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:22 am
Yeah the whole thing did nothing for anyone involved, I can understand the lack of a clean finnish as you need to make sure War Machine deserve a title shot still, but this really wasn't the way. Just do it so the Addiction distract them and MCMG get a roll up, this was over the top and just sad to see, which is annoying considering how good TV and ROH has been in general.

It almost needs to be just because you'd think ROH management would have a kayfabe interest in making sure that The Addiction don't keep ruining matches, which The Addiction have stated multiple times is their goal.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Pretty solid week of action.

Jay White vs. Matt Taven- Good opening bout. These two were given plenty of time and didn't disappoint. I long have stood by the belief that Taven sells better than anybody on the roster and this match showcased why. Taven sold his ass off for 3/4 of the match. White looked good with his offense. Taven being one of the true heels on the roster steals a victory with the aid of his Kingdom teammates. I really am going to miss Jay White in ROH. I feel there was so much left on the table for him, but looking forward to his program with Tanahashi in NJPW.

Dalton Castle vs. Adam Page- Kudos to Delirious for giving this match plenty of airtime as well. It is of my opinion that the Cody vs. Castle feud has had weak promos by both guys that has kind of made this feud kind of meh for me. This match changed that for me. Without The Boys, Castle comes down to the ring and starts beating the piss out of Page. I liked this. Castle is all business and is telling us that the ROH World title is all that matters to him. Why Todd Sinclair didn't disqualify Page when Cody pulled him out of the ring during a sure 3 count could have pissed me off if Castle didn't get the win, but he does by submission. Post-match beatdown of Castle by Page and Cody keeps the heat on the latter. It took me awhile to get into this feud, but it's solid and being told as it should be.

Bully Ray Promo- We can debate all day long about the value of Bully on the roster, but the guy has been delivering on the mic since his near riot inducing days in ECW and this promo was excellent. I didn't care for Joe Koff being there and shoving Jay Briscoe. But Delirious is trying his fucking hardest to get heat on The Briscoes and Jay punching out Koff would have been awesome. A suspension for that, which would have allowed Mark to heal, might have helped. Kind of looking forward to this match.

The ROH show has actually improved quite a bit over the start of the year. I'm actually looking forward to it. Matches have been given longer airtime. I think my biggest complaint is Vinnie Lasagna and the ax. Its fucking stupid. Ian Riccaboni actually sells it to the viewer like Vinnie is going to use it. Please.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Just watched Bully Ray's 'retirement speech" on this weekends TV and the Briscoe's turning heel. I thought it was very well done. Joe Koff bidding Bully farewell was a nice touch, Tommy being the nice guy that he is and paying for it, Velvet Sky coming in and pleading for the Briscoes to back off. All great touches to this. I think heel Briscoes could be a ton of fun and what a better way to ge tthem heat than to take out to ECW guys in the ECW Arena.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Cought up on the last couple of episodes

First Episode

Enjoyed the Marty, Lethal stuff I am hoping this goes a bit more than just Final Battle,

Punishment Martinez needs new music or just something heavier added to what he already has, just something more uplifting for the crowd, as the atmosphere becomes to heavy and sombre for pro wrestling and him as an act to get the crowd to pop for him.

The main event was good and I enjoyed how it all went down especially with War Machine being involved that really needed to happen.

Second Episode

Flip really needs to work on his promo stuff, he comes off way beyond that 'good guy' and he just seems weak, especially with words like 'they keep beating me up', sorry but this is secondry school.

Shane Taylor really needs new music also, Cheeseburger is fast becoming the Mikey Whipreck of ROH, his pop was just silly.

I liked the Castle, Page match although I thought it would have been better to reverse the roles within the match and have Page beat the shit out of Castle, trying to live up to Cody saying he is there to take him out. They recovered that at the end for the most part. Not too keen on Castle's submission, especially as it looks like he is struggling to apply it.

I really thought anything involving Joe Koff would annoy me to high heaven but it didn't as much as I thought it would. Even if his limp wrist pushing around Bully looked a little off, I did love when he pushed Jay far more than I probably should have.

My only problem with the angle was Dreamers immediate reaction to Jay taking out Bully he just kind of stood there and really did nothing. Surely he should have just tried to take him out and then have Mark pull Dreamer off trying and calm the situation down which would lead to the turn.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 am
BurningHammer wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:22 am

It almost needs to be just because you'd think ROH management would have a kayfabe interest in making sure that The Addiction don't keep ruining matches, which The Addiction have stated multiple times is their goal.
Yeah your right it has to be now considering there charachter style, it's just unfortunate it has to go this far, it could be serious or at least sensible, this wasn't either.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm hoping with this new streaming service coming next year, it'll have everything since 2011 in terms of SBG shows.

There's a Steve Corino vs. Jay Briscoe street fight from 2012 or 2013 that I would love to watch again.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I laugh every single time they do that spot where everybody in Bullet Club lands a successful attack on an opponent in the corner except Scurll, who inevitably gets kicked in the face repeatedly.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

So this weekend they are going to show a match from the Florida tapings (Page vs Flip) and a match from ROH Elite show (MCMG vs Kingdom). Cool to see some title matches on TV before Final Battle. But, whit only one episode left before Final Battle. Will they show next week both, Cody and Dalton contract sinning and Briscoes-Bully/Dreamer segment?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I thought the best part of this weeks TV was the pulpit segment with King and Coleman, just had a true realistic approach to it and gave a different side to Coleman's charachter or one that also fitted in with his previous role.

Gresham showed a bit more personality here, I think it was mainly to just try and get the crowd engaged more, it's a shame wrestling has changed for many fans and they can't seem to be into Gresham's style more, but him interacting with fans and reacting more in the ring will help that.

The main event was just too much more and again even the spots were just set up without a realistic approach, that said I thought Page and LSG looked the polished and proffesional guys out there. LSG really needs something more than this he really has talent and seeing him without a less talented partner would be nice.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I want to see Coleman wrestle more. I think he's damn solid at pretty much everything.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:38 am I want to see Coleman wrestle more. I think he's damn solid at pretty much everything.
Yeah I enjoy him too, when he has his mojo going he can pull out a great match, personally a series with him and Kenny I think would be great, there is a lot back story that could really add to a deeper fued.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Holy shit, that BC vs Flip Army was a blast. A great 20 minute spotfest. 4 stars, IMO.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Kind of taking a step backwards in production quality with this week's episode. Footage from Ft. Lauderdale this week.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I thought the best part of this week's show wasn't even a wrestling match. The Briscoes showing up raising hell at The Team 3D school was really good I thought. Between this and the HoH appearance where they beat the shit out of Tommy Dreamer, my expectations for a match I really had no expectations for, are being raised. I love this version of The Briscoes. Long overdue.

Scrull vs. BCB was nothing special. Kind of disappointing actually. I laughed though, that after such a long tenured career filled with abuse from wrestlers, Todd Sinclair gets no respect. When he took that bump and the fans chanted "You deserve it!", I was amused.

MCMG's vs. The Kingdom was blah too. Shelley and Sabin looked to be going through the motions. I like Ian Riccaboni for the most part, but the next time Vinnie Marseglia takes the axe out and yells, "He's going to cut his arm off!", I am going to vomit. People believed Bruiser Brody was crazy because he sold it so well. Same with Terry Funk. Marseglia is an idiot with a bad gimmick.

Page vs. Gordon was good...but the wrong guy won. Adam Page is getting fucked time and time again being the job boy to everyone but Cheeseburger. I would argue that Page is the most improved guy on the roster this year, but for whatever reason, Delirious jobs the him out to everyone. Makes no sense.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Briscoes stuff was great, but once they get into the ring with Bully and Dreamer things will fall apart because Bully and Dreamer aren't good enough to go with the Briscoes... and I mean even in a plunder match, based on what we've seen from Bully this year.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Caprice Coleman has the best facial expressions in the biz.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm I thought the best part of this week's show wasn't even a wrestling match. The Briscoes showing up raising hell at The Team 3D school was really good I thought. Between this and the HoH appearance where they beat the shit out of Tommy Dreamer, my expectations for a match I really had no expectations for, are being raised. I love this version of The Briscoes. Long overdue.
Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 am The Briscoes stuff was great, but once they get into the ring with Bully and Dreamer things will fall apart because Bully and Dreamer aren't good enough to go with the Briscoes... and I mean even in a plunder match, based on what we've seen from Bully this year.
100%.

These two segments alone are carrying this to arguably being the best story this year. To think, we could have seen this all year long instead of them being anchored down by Bully doing lifeless trios matches. Enthused to see Jay Briscoe with a spark again.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Best Friends + Rocky Romero are legitimately my favorite trio ROH has. If Romero could be there more often they would be my perfect trios champs.