Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
STITCHES

Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Post by STITCHES »

He's such a nice guy's nice guy. I wonder if he's ever really been upset before.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: I like watching The Young Bucks against Elgin because they totally sell his power moves better than anybody.
I'd sell too if Elgin was legit breaking my ribs and hand.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Forgot about that. Good point.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Absolutely loved CD's heel work on the promo they did. "I'M NOT OLD, I'M NOT BALD" or whatever was an amazing quote. Very sad that the Addiction has been booked like shit for two years and thus no one cares.

I also really enjoyed Taven's commentary, especially his burial of the BC for having sub groups/this ROH BC thing happening because Omega couldn't be bothered to go to the US (in big part because I'm not totally convinced this isn't true).
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Agreed. Both those things had me laughing out loud, especially Daniels saying "I'm not bald!" I had to rewind that shit because I wasn't sure if I heard correctly.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Daniels is fucking golden on promos.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Leo C wrote:Very sad that the Addiction has been booked like shit for two years and thus no one cares.
They weren't booked like shit when they came in, and the response to their matches with arguably the best team in the world at the time was lukewarm at best. In general they haven't really had any great matches in ROH. Sure, they could be given more promo freedom, but they've been given the titles and put in top programs in the division. I would argue that no one cares, not because of the booking, but because they haven't really delivered big with what they've been given.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Burnside might disagree with you. He is Kazarian guy.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Leo C wrote:Very sad that the Addiction has been booked like shit for two years and thus no one cares.
They weren't booked like shit when they came in, and the response to their matches with arguably the best team in the world at the time was lukewarm at best. In general they haven't really had any great matches in ROH. Sure, they could be given more promo freedom, but they've been given the titles and put in top programs in the division. I would argue that no one cares, not because of the booking, but because they haven't really delivered big with what they've been given.
Maybe they didn't come in with that much steam (really don't remember how their crowd reaction was in 2014), but if I'm not mistaken, they worked a program with reDRagon, lost, and did nothing until they won the titles with the KRD thing. I can't remember a single thing they did on that time span. That's bad booking for me. And although they haven't had the best matches in the division or anything, I think they have been pretty good and if given the promo freedom they had in TNA (at the start, before they became non factors in favor of amazing teams like the BroMans) they would be over.
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

Taeler Hendrix isn't half bad in her promo spots.

and Silas Young is right into another program, this time with ACH right after his run against Dalton Castle. And I'll be damned if he isn't making me interested already.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Silas Young is a severely undervalued member of the roster. He is a fantastic all around heel.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

He is. Sort of why I'm always wondering whether or not the lisp is on purpose. Is there supposed to be a sense of irony regarding his character?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

My review of last week's episode (The Elite vs. Elgin/Tanahashi/Yoshi Tatsu) is now up on Voices of Wrestling:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... um=twitter
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Adam Page just continues to impress. His match with Cabana was good because of the continued improvement of Page.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Adam Page just continues to impress. His match with Cabana was good because of the continued improvement of Page.
Really? I thought it was pretty dull. It lacked the intensity that it should have had, and it never got out of second gear.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

I'm liking the Silas/ACH feud. Also, I saw someone mention how the "one more time" chants seemed to be piped in... but those "this is awesome" chants when Lethal had Nana in the corner are another strong candidate for being fake.
Vanilla Gorilla

I know people love to shit on moose on this board, but there wasn't a whole helluva lot wrong with his match vs Naito
Vanilla Gorilla

Leo C wrote:I'm liking the Silas/ACH feud. Also, I saw someone mention how the "one more time" chants seemed to be piped in... but those "this is awesome" chants when Lethal had Nana in the corner are another strong candidate for being fake.
Yep, Silas knows how to heel
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

JTCole

Post by JTCole »

How was Naito vs Moose?