Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer breakdown:
Ring of Honor set its all-time record last night on Destination America, doing 227,000 viewers at 11 p.m. This blows away the previous time slot record for the promotion of 175,000 set on the 10/7 show.

TNA last night did 266,000 viewers for the 9 p.m. show, and another 98,000 viewers for the replay. The first showing was the third lowest for the show's first-run, but the replay was up from usual levels, probably because the ROH show gave them a far stronger lead-in than usual.

The ratings for Destination America are even more important now because both groups deals are coming due, with ROH's deal up in early December. With new people in charge of the network, the long-term status of wrestling on the station is currently under evaluation.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

That's what I'm talking about! And that rating was OUTSIDE of primetime. Hope this keeps up or the number stays similar, not being a negative nancy but I doubt it will, but with AJ Styles, KOR and Cole in the main event next week which they hyped at the end of this weeks episode here's hoping it does.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Yeah, I could definitely see this being random but I really hope it isn't.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

IchaelMelgin wrote:First great ROH episode in what felt like a while. The Kingdom promo was pretty fun and I can look past the shitty turn if Elgin keeps doing stuff like that. The main event match was a blast, good aftermath, actually enjoyed the Corino bit and was that him walking away from commentary duties? Couldn't have dreamt a better scenario if so
Agreed. Great episode.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Anyone else pleasantly surprised by Moose/Dijak? I thought there was a real chance this would be an awkward big man match but they actually turned in a really good performance. Dijak is finally starting to grow on me, as I hoped. If only they'd ditch Diesal as a tag partner and give him another one.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Moose and Dijak are good in the ring, Dijak is having a great year also in Beyond Wrestling so the match didn´t surprised me at all, if you were down on Moose or Dijak then i can understand it.

Not related to this, i think the final clip here of ACH vs Cedric is where ACH could had the concussion, if you look he landed weird there.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I wasn't really impressed by the match honestly
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

It was a great big man match.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Well, they HAD to do goofy flips (Dijak almost spiked himself on the second one) and dives to the outside for no reason because you can't just have two big, hulking dudes beating the fuck out of each other. Also, Dijak's finisher is garbage because he can't apply it properly to save his life, CHANGE IT ALREADY ! These chokeslams looked brutal, use that instead.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I found Moose and Dijak to be shockingly decent. I would like to revisit this match 2 years from now and see how they have progressed as wrestlers. Main event was pretty good. Cole is so great as a dickhead. I even liked Elgin in this match. They just need to keep Nigel on commentary. He is way better than Corino and find his comments towards Maria to be amusing.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

triple threat was decent but there was no one good to take a pin. Cole pinning Kyle just came out of nowhere and was like 'oh, right' then the Young Bucks do stuff to try and distract from it
Also Styles/Lethal should be v. good but there's not much of a feud there for what is the marquee PPV

on a positive note, what Silas Young is doing with the Bruiser and those boys is perfect. I can't wait for the big Dalton Castle pay-off, crowd is gonna go ballistic
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Really liked Moose-Dijak. Wish the feud had legs, and yes, please change the Dijak finisher.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The weekly Mandy Leon segment is great if the volume is on mute.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Two weeks in a row of Will Ferrara? ROH has got to plan their programming better.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

This 'Veda Scot suing ROH' storyline feels really Cornette era. Complete with Kevin Kelly's unconvincing acting and derogatory comments towards a woman.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Alexander is such a complete nonentity nowadays that I wonder why they're even keeping him at this point.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

If Alexander is a non entity, Coleman's status is on life support. I literally was wondering before his match when the last time I saw him was, having completely forgotten the Prince Nana envelope angle.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Thelone wrote:Alexander is such a complete nonentity nowadays that I wonder why they're even keeping him at this point.
I'm actually halfway expecting him to have a good showing at SOTF and make some sort of impact, purely for the fact that they need to do something with him other than sulk around and hit people with wrenches.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Unfortunately until they have Veda Scott ditch him, we are stuck with Alexander. Try as I might, I cannot turn the channel when he is on. Veda Scott is mesmerizing.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Thelone wrote:Alexander is such a complete nonentity nowadays that I wonder why they're even keeping him at this point.
He and ACH had the only match worth watching. I suppose the end of Briscoes/ANX was okay, but there was all that ANX that came before it.