Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
lariat_tubman

Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Post by lariat_tubman »

3/7/14 from Philadelphia, PA

The Good
HOT and The Addiction had a decent match. We got some good action and some KRD story advancement, maybe. Still have zero interest in Diesel but this was probably the best he’s looked thus far.

I really liked the Top Prospect finals. I can’t say I was too impressed by either guy before this match but it was really good. All the people coming out to watch and consult with the winner was a nice touch.

reDRagon and The Decade was a solid match with an awkward ending. Whitmer is the most believable asshole in all of wrestling.

The Bad
They have got to get Page into some sort of feud or anything, he should be a wrestler on the rise not whatever he is now.

Line of the Night
“Ooo Daniels tripped!” I don’t know why I laughed so hard at this but I did.

Spot of the Night
Dijak’s moonsault to the outside was insane.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

HOT vs Addiction was solid. First time seeing Diesel in in-ring action, to me he looks avarage and green. I guess in his current role he's decent enough. Not a fan of the KDR storyline at all, but the ending was cool. Still, everything about it reminds me the A&E storyline before they were revealed too much, and it's not a good thing..

The TP finals was very good! I didn't follow the tourny this year, and I'm planning to catch up later, so it was the first time I saw them wrestle here too, and I was impressed with both. Dijak's moonsault is sick . Can't wait to see what the future holds for both.

Main event was decent, nothing special really. Unnecessarily long, and the finish was meh. I liked the aftermath but they had to explain us who the hell the security guy was, I mean I knew it was Colby, but I'm not sure the other 85% of the audience did.

Fun show overall.
MOOSE!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I hope they call him Prince Corino.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Dijak/Ferrara was really good with the best near fall I've seen all year. Crowd started out pretty dead but they really got into it as the match progressed. Ferrara does nothing for me in "indy style" matches but I've decided he plays a good David after seeing this and the equally awesome match with Beer City Bruiser. Dijak needs work as a personality/character but he's got the size and moves. Hopefully the continue with the Bam Bam Bigelow angle of having all the managers vying for his services. I thought Ferrara was taking the TPT so I would have been genuinely shocked by the finish had I not been spoiled a few days before the show.

Addiction do nothing for me at this point. They need a heel turn....or something. ROH had done a great job of making Lethal seem like a Big Deal....up until this match, where he came off as just another guy. Diesel was awful, lowlighted by his failure to catch a Jay Lethal dive. It was the kind of performance that gets you sent back to developmental, if not future endeavored. I appear to be one of the few people interested in KRD, but that was still a crap finish. Poor match.

The Decade are basically X Factor without the epic theme at this point. Whitmer showed more personality in this match than......ever? But his wrestling sucked. Like Lethal, this is the first time in a while where I saw reDRagon (or at least O'Reilly) not come off as total stars. Page is just there. Another poor match.

Though I would be into a Corino/Whitmer feud. I'm one of the 85% who didn't know that student was Colby Corino.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Ashley Sixx vs. Dalton Castle ***
Jay Lethal vs. Matt Sydal vs. ACH ***1/2

Beer City Bruiser vs. Will Ferrara ***1/4
The Kingdom vs. Briscoes & ODB ***

Moose vs. Michael Elgin ***
Styles & Young Bucks vs. Alexander, ACH & Sydal ****
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) vs. Jay Diesel & Jay Lethal - ***
Can we please keep Diesel as a bodyguard and let him train so he doesn't look so green and out of place most of the time ? Some KRD guy came out for the distraction finish™ and I couldn't care less about this storyline at this point because it's going to be something stupid like Brutal Burgers turning heel or whatever.

Donovan Dijak vs. Will Ferrara - ***1/2
The crowd didn't care at all coming in, but they made them care with their work so I guess it was a success. Dijak winning was a foregone conclusion in my opinion.

I hope Daniels and Kazarian are answering calls for this addiction hotline.

The Decade (Adam Page and BJ Whitmer) vs. reDRagon (c) (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) - ***
It was a fine match, but Delirious really needs to build up some ROH teams because I can't take any of them seriously at this point.

The ending segment was a bit odd because 95% of the viewing audience probably didn't know who the student was.
Chief

Post by Chief »

The next two weeks and then the fourth week should be really great TV. Get hyped.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

How hard would it have been for Kevin Kelly to just go "Oh my God, that's his son Colby he just pushed down!"?

Colby's made, what, 1 ROH appearance ever and that was 4 years ago?
Last Real Man Hype
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

I previously watched up until the Cole vs Sydal match of November 29th episode but then didn't watch anything for ages. Have now watched the 21st Feb show and 28th which was the preview for 13th Anniversary. Seriously considering going back and getting the 14th Feb for the Bullet Club 6-man match. Are there any other shows between those I mentioned people would recommend me checking out rather than just watching from now?

A few observations from me.

Lethal has become SO good over the past years. I thought he'd already improved loads when wrestling people like Steen for the world title but seeing him now as a heel with his long run with the TV Title, he's just even better still. One of the most improved guys going and I can seriously see him as a future world champ.

Mark Briscoe I also really enjoy. I love his finisher, I love the little nod to Cactus Jack and I just find his matches really fun. I agree that he deserves more than just putting people over.

I was also amused by the preview show for just how many times Larry blatantly looked down Mandy's top. I mean yeah she is absolutely gorgeous but it was just so obvious that I couldn't help but laugh :mrgreen:
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Baker wrote: Diesel was awful, lowlighted by his failure to catch a Jay Lethal dive.
Maybe he was just trained by the Miz.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

I'll Colby this one thing over his dad: He probably has better teeth... and a better forehead,
Thelone wrote:I hope Daniels and Kazarian are answering calls for this addiction hotline.
Ha.

Has addiction got you down for the count? Then kick out!
I am cosmetically pleasing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just got done watching this week's episode:

1.) ACH & Matt Sydal vs. The Addiction: ***1/4-***1/2

A guy from the KRD hit Sydal with a chair, which led to Daniels & Kazarian getting the win. Solid match despite the interference.

Also, during this match, they played some weird add for the "ROH Code Line", or hotline, or whatever it was, where if you called, you could find out whether Adam Cole's dad or Roderick Strong's dad was an Elvis Impersonator. Not making that up.

The Jay Briscoe/Samoa Joe promo was pretty good. As we all expected, they seemed to confirm their World Title Match.

Jimmy Jacobs cut a really good promo about Samoa Joe challenging Jay Briscoe and demands that he gets a title shot of his own. It was later confirmed as happening next week.

2.) The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis) vs. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks: ***3/4

Apparently this was a #1 Contender's Match with the winners facing reDRagon at Supercard of Honor IX. Really good match, but another KRD guy came out and pulled the referee after The Young Bucks hit The Indytaker. The Kingdom took advantage of the distraction to hit a low blow & then their Spike Piledriver to win. Could have hit **** if there was a clean finish.

reDRagon comes out and it'll officially be reDRagon vs. The Kingdom at Supercard of Honor IX, which is weird, because it's been rumored that The Kingdom are going over to NJPW for Invasion Attack. I guess they could be feasibly skipping some of the Road To "Invasion Attack" Shows to do the ROH Show in Redwood City.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Also, during this match, they played some weird add for the "ROH Code Line", or hotline, or whatever it was, where if you called, you could find out whether Adam Cole's dad or Roderick Strong's dad was an Elvis Impersonator. Not making that up.
Ha! The fact that they have a telephone hotline in 2015 is kind of ridiculous! (but not necessarily in a bad way) Also the fact that they set up this hotline for that irrelevant piece of trivia which is already somewhat common knowledge.
I vaguely remember a texting thing similar to this from the earlier days of the SBG show.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:reDRagon comes out and it'll officially be reDRagon vs. The Kingdom at Supercard of Honor IX, which is weird, because it's been rumored that The Kingdom are going over to NJPW for Invasion Attack. I guess they could be feasibly skipping some of the Road To "Invasion Attack" Shows to do the ROH Show in Redwood City.
Why ? Since the news about New Japan being hot on the Kingdom came out, it's been pretty obvious they are going to put the belts on the Kingdom sooner rather than later because Master NJPW said so. Hell, they abruptly became title contenders almost overnight since the Atlanta show after months of being beaten by the Briscoes in this interminable storyline.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Also, during this match, they played some weird add for the "ROH Code Line", or hotline, or whatever it was, where if you called, you could find out whether Adam Cole's dad or Roderick Strong's dad was an Elvis Impersonator. Not making that up.
Ha! The fact that they have a telephone hotline in 2015 is kind of ridiculous! (but not necessarily in a bad way) Also the fact that they set up this hotline for that irrelevant piece of trivia which is already somewhat common knowledge.
I vaguely remember a texting thing similar to this from the earlier days of the SBG show.
Wasn't it a texting service to get a 8x10 on your phone?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

We are on Monday and there´s no new ROH TV episode on ROHWrestling.com -_- Normally at this time is availabe for Ringside Members. Does everyone know why it isn´t ?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I like the big HonorTron or whatever you wanna call it.

ACH & Matt Sydal vs. The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) - ***
The heat segment on ACH lasted forever, then some guy from the KRD came out and hit Sydal with a chair. Yeah, I already hate this storyline and unless they have interesting people behind the masks with some logical explanation as to why they're here, it's going to be a massive flop.

Jay acted all cocky and kinda heelish with his two belts and stuff, then Joe came out to challenge him for a title match at SCOH.

I get where they were going with Jacobs' promo, but it felt flat because he isn't on some hot streak and doesn't deserve a world title shot no matter how long his tenure is. Also, are we really supposed to buy him as a serious contender when they just made Jay vs. Joe for SCOH ? I don't know, this segment was kinda depressing to be brutally honest.

The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Michael Bennett) (w/ Maria Kanellis) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) - **
After a million superkicks, some KRD guy came out and screwed the Bucks... This storyline is going to suck hard, isn't it ? I also hate how we are supposed to buy the Kingdom as this big threat for reDRagon all of a sudden after months of getting their asses kicked by the Briscoes.
Bulletclubfan97

Post by Bulletclubfan97 »

ROH 3/15/15 Review:
The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) vs Matt Sydal and ACH: ***1/4 Great fast paced opener I'm not a fan of this Knights Of The Red Dawn storyline thus far but it worked here to help keep both teams strong

Jay Briscoe & Samoa Joe Segment: Great segment. Jay says some fans are saying he got lucky winning at the 13th Anniversary Show but he says the fact he hasn't been pinned in over 2 years he's not lucky he's great which I think is good logic. Then Samoa Joe comes out and brings up the fact Jay never beat Joe 1 on 1, the last time the 2 faced Joe beat Jay to the point the ring and Joe himself even were covered in Jay's blood, and challenges Jay to a title match at Super Card Of Honor IX, so Jay accepts the title challenge and given the fact Nigel books the match any time Jay asks him to we're guaranteed to get it which I'm completely fine with

Jimmy Jacobs Promo: Great like most of Jimmy's promo's. Jimmy is upset Joe came right back in to ROH and got a title shot even though the last time he was in ROH Tyler Black wasn't even a main eventer yet, and says that since Joe's been gone Jimmy has held the fort down so there's a company for Joe to come back to, Jimmy deserves a title shot before Joe so he's taking it and knowing Jay he'll give it to him ASAP. So now we've got 2 ROH World Title Matches to look forward to.

The Young Bucks(Matt and Nick Jackson) vs The Kingdom (Mike Bennett and Matt Taven); ***1/2 This match is a No. 1 Contender's match where the winner gets a title shot against reDRagon at SCOH IX. This was an awesome fast paced match (like most Young Bucks match). Also given Taven and Bennett work a very methodical pace which when the Bucks work as faces helps build up suspense for there comeback. Also this worked well in that The Bucks and reDRagon have already faced 4 times (5 if you count NJPW) and reDRagon have won 4 out of 5 times so I feel the Bucks need to build up to getting another shot before they get another shot. While at the same time having a member of KRD come out and cost the Bucks the win keeps them from looking weak in this loss.

Overall Rating: This was a really good show we got 2 really good to great matches the main event of SCOH IX announced and another big World Title Match announced for next week if you've got an hour I'd recommend watching this show
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Fun show. ACH and Sydal vs Addiction was good, YB/Kingdom better. Loved the promos with Jacobs, Joe & Briscoe.
MOOSE!
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Is the March 14th episode from the Baltimore taping? And how many episodes did they tape there, 3 or 4?