Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DirtyDave

Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Post by DirtyDave »

Mandy Leon
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

DirtyDave wrote:Mandy Leon
Still not going to sit through a build up show.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

anybody see the Briscoes super beta prostate commercial? lol pretty funny the Briscoes did it
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

very enjoyable show tonight
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

12/13/14 from Baltimore, MD

The Good
- All three tag wars matches were good. The ACH/Sydal vs. Young Buck I'll put in the running for best match of the year, it was fantastic. It also shows the Young Bucks don't need all their matches to be built around their signature spots. The crowd was hot for everything and made this entire episode a very good watch!

- The commentary was actually pretty good this episode. They balanced plugs, putting over the match, and their banter very well. Huge improvement from what we have gotten from those two lately.

The Bad
- J. Diesel's performance. He is awkward in the ring, it is only one match so we'll see how he develops but this showing wasn't a strong one.

Line of the Night
“No Bobby, I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy!” Find the context for this quote, it is hilarious!

Spot of the Night
Sydal breaking up the tandem tombstone at 2.99.
Alex Steel

Post by Alex Steel »

ROH TV review for ep.169:
http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-of-ho ... matt-sydal

ROH Tag Wars 2014 (6 teams, 3 matches, winners from the 3 matches go on to face reDRagon in a four-way tag two weeks from now for the ROH Tag Team Championship)

-The Briscoes vs. Jay Lethal and J. Diesel (solid opener)
-The Addiction vs. BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs (double-team city)
-The Young Bucks vs. ACH and Matt Sydal (high octane greatness)

Gifs

Matt Jackson troll face

The Addiction showing off

Wicked superplex
Awesome episode. An "A" in my book. Televised wrestling shows don't get much better in terms of in-ring action and pacing.
Alex Steel

Post by Alex Steel »

lariat_tubman wrote:12/13/14 from Baltimore, MD

The Good
- All three tag wars matches were good. The ACH/Sydal vs. Young Buck I'll put in the running for best match of the year, it was fantastic. It also shows the Young Bucks don't need all their matches to be built around their signature spots. The crowd was hot for everything and made this entire episode a very good watch!

- The commentary was actually pretty good this episode. They balanced plugs, putting over the match, and their banter very well. Huge improvement from what we have gotten from those two lately.

The Bad
- J. Diesel's performance. He is awkward in the ring, it is only one match so we'll see how he develops but this showing wasn't a strong one.

Line of the Night
“No Bobby, I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy!” Find the context for this quote, it is hilarious!

Spot of the Night
Sydal breaking up the tandem tombstone at 2.99.
Loved the reDRagon promo, especially with Kyle's amazing Christmas sweater.

I actually thought Diesel looked quite good. Definitely had a more brawling style, and I dug the taped fists look. The lariat he whipped out looked pretty punishing, and he took the finish like a champ.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Standard promo by the Briscoes saying that HoT won't win tonight.

Jay Diesel & Jay Diesel (w/ Truth Martini) vs. The Briscoes (Jay and Mark Briscoe) – ***
Yeah, Diesel isn't quite there yet and had some weird moments here, but this was alright overall.

The Decade (BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs) vs. The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) – **1/2
It felt off for some reason. Daniels and Kaz were in "house show" mode and Decade didn't seem too interested either.

reDRagon's promo wasn't very good. They keep talking about ROH being scared (of what exactly ?) and that Tag Wars is lame because ROH is looking for new challengers. Yeah, that's why I'm tired of these two frankly : they have nothing else to do and they're just spinning their wheels until Rowe comes back.

The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) vs. ACH & Matt Sydal – ***1/2
Again, the YB are so much more tolerable when the match isn't some crazy spotfest.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Things felt a little off this week. The Decade apparently get to win nothing; the Addiction and Young Bucks were both a step off.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Young Bucks vs. ACH and Matt Sydal was fucking awesome ****1/2
Alex Steel

Post by Alex Steel »

Strange that there can be such diverse opinions of this episode. I thought it was pretty much a homerun from a pacing and match perspective. I was never bored and I felt the matches built up throughout the episode. Really good tag team showcase.

Btw, I really hope Monster Mafia become an ROH staple in 2015. They really impressed me in their matches this year.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

good debut for the greek god Papadon. i'd like to see more of him. but i, like alex steel above me, wanted to see more of monster mafia and that hasn't happened so who knows

great commentary by Corino and kelly in the main event. cedric and ciampa did very well too, good stuff
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

12/20/14 from Baltimore, MD

The Good
- Ciampa and Alexander put on an awesome no-DQ match, a definite must see. The commentators put over Alexander like a million bucks and I wouldn't hate to see this feud continue, though I am not sure what they can do after this match.

- Elgin/Hanson and Strong/Papadon both accomplished what they set out to so they get a good rating.

The Bad
- Brutal Burgers/Coleman & Ferrara got really awkward at the end and was unspectacular before it.

Line of the Night
“Please don't die!” I agree with the crowd

Spot of the Night
Ciampa being choked by a bungee cord and getting dropkicked in the face three times was just brutal, but amazing.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

You know I had heard of Papadon before watching ROH this week and the guy looked alright. Hope he gets brought in again sometime.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

dhads7161 wrote:You know I had heard of Papadon before watching ROH this week and the guy looked alright. Hope he gets brought in again sometime.
I know Les thatcher is a fan of his
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Heck of a hardcore match. In some ways crazier than Final Battle fight without honor. The bungie cord hanging was legitimately disturbing.
Alex Steel

Post by Alex Steel »

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-of-ho ... main-event

ROH TV Ep.170 Results and Review

Featuring:
-Roderick Strong vs. Papadon (semi-squash to establish Strong as a big deal in 2015)
-Elgin vs. Hanson (Ehhh...)
-Brutal Burgers vs. Caprice Coleman and Will Ferrara (Ehh...)
-Tommaso Ciampa vs. Cedric Alexander (HOLY SHIT)

GIFS:

Table spot

JEAZUS

Good night
Watch this main event. Just so damn good. Skip the first 30 minutes and just watch the last 20 minutes when the show becomes available this Friday @ http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Anyway, phenomenal main event. Think it's a late contender for ROH match of the year. Easily in the top 10, and maybe even top 5 this year. Just unlike anything else the company put out this year.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

DirtyDave wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:You know I had heard of Papadon before watching ROH this week and the guy looked alright. Hope he gets brought in again sometime.
I know Les thatcher is a fan of his
Papadon's been wrestling for a very long time. I remember seeing him wrestle every Saturday night at Homicide's school (the LIWF Doghouse). This was back in 1999 or 2000. I'm glad the guy's been constantly booked in east coast promotions in the past couple of years, just for the fact that he's a very hard worker.

Anyway, the main event sounds good. I haven't watched ROH tv since AJ vs O'Reilly.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Brutal Burgers tag was just awkward. Bob's got Ferrara in the Fujiwara Armbar, HE'S GONE TOO FAR!!! "Brutal Bob ain't afraid to break a rule or two." WTF? He didn't do anything...

Hanson/Elgin and Ciampa/Alexander were both great though.
Last Real Man Hype
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Is the BB/CC+WF match the worst TV match of the year? Discounting the Elgin/Caprice match/angle/debacle I can't think of any others that'd take the spot.