Should roh go hd?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Renegade121

Should roh go hd?

Post by Renegade121 »

Lately the roh videos have been in hi def. and so has the final battle dvd. Should the tv show and ippvs be in hd as well?
187_Joeism

Re: Should roh go hd?

Post by 187_Joeism »

Sooner than later the TV will be HD, the iPPV is more difficult i guess
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

If they want to be modern and not be a huge step back from the HDNet show, then yes.
Last Real Man Hype
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

You mean widescreen? DVDs are still in SD. The TV show is in widescreen on the website isn't it?
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

As long as they fix the production wobbles first!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

icyhot wrote:You mean widescreen? DVDs are still in SD. The TV show is in widescreen on the website isn't it?
Widescreen and HD aren't the same. Widescreen is a shape, or aspect ratio, while HD is a level of picture quality much greater than what we see on ROH's TV shows, DVDs and iPPVs right now.
Last Real Man Hype
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Marketh. wrote:
icyhot wrote:You mean widescreen? DVDs are still in SD. The TV show is in widescreen on the website isn't it?
Widescreen and HD aren't the same. Widescreen is a shape, or aspect ratio, while HD is a level of picture quality much greater than what we see on ROH's TV shows, DVDs and iPPVs right now.
Yeah, dude said the Final Battle DVD was in HD, it's not It's SD. HD is 720p or better. When the ROH DVDs were widescreen previously they were non anamorphic and I assume 480i, causing them to be pillar boxed on 16:9 widescreen tv sets. I don't have Final Battle on DVD, but if it's like Battle of the Carolinas its at an aspect ratio to fit 16:9. I'k assuming that means they have finally upgraded to 480p and anamorphic widescreen, which makes it have the black bars top and bottom when watching on an older 4:3 style full screen tv but fills the screen without distorting the image on the newer 16:9 widescreen TVs.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

No believe me final battle is in hd. On twitter i asked roh if the hd dvds are gonna stay and they said yes the ippv dvds are hi def. thats why i said they are hd. If u compare fb2011 to lets say best in the world because its in the same venue u see a huge difference
astoph

Post by astoph »

From what I can tell FB 2011 is the same format as Battle in the Carolinas. Yes it is widescreen and the picture quality does appear somewhat "upgraded" but HD quality? I don't think so.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

ROH was in HD before and it was great. They should do it again for sure.
NorthBayfan001

Post by NorthBayfan001 »

If Final Battle was in HD on DVD, you would need about 5-6 DVDs for the whole show! I would love to have them film their iPPVs in HD and release them on Blu-ray, but theat ain't happening anytime soon. They should however have all their house shows filmed in 16:9 widescreen by now!
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

Blu-Ray releases for ROH......

I'll buy them.
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

TelkEvolon wrote:Blu-Ray releases for ROH......

I'll buy them.
now that would be dope
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I definitely think they need to upgrade the TV show to HD as soon as possible.

As far as iPPVs and DVDs go that's another story.
Rud3Bwoy
Banned
Banned

Post by Rud3Bwoy »

NorthBayfan001 wrote:If Final Battle was in HD on DVD, you would need about 5-6 DVDs for the whole show! I would love to have them film their iPPVs in HD and release them on Blu-ray, but theat ain't happening anytime soon. They should however have all their house shows filmed in 16:9 widescreen by now!
Not really they can easily do HD on dual layer disc and convert the files down to be smaller,i do it all the time for 2-3 hour movies and the quality is great.