Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

What slot on WM32 weekend should SCOH10 be slotted for?

Friday evening
40%
Saturday afternoon
53%
Saturday evening
7%

Total votes: 15

Wilson

Re: Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

Post by Wilson »

In all fairness, I haven’t seen Moose work in a bad match in some time. While he can’t have a four star match with anyone on the roster, he’s capable of getting through a match without making either competitor look the worse for it.

As an aside, I see a major hurdle in improving his work due to his current crowd reception. He’s quite clearly over, and won’t have to change much to remain popular with the audience. If he continues to grow as a wrestler, it will most likely be in adagio as a result. Unless he works in Japan, I doubt he’ll ever understand how to work a nuanced, big-man wrestling match as he and ROH would be better off producing.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

so Rush cancelled an Indy booking so he could be backstage in Philly to shoot that 100 second interview with Kevin Kelly?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dark patriot wrote:so Rush cancelled an Indy booking so he could be backstage in Philly to shoot that 100 second interview with Kevin Kelly?
i guess that roh has obviously priority over all the indy promotions and lio has a roh contract so...
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

monster mafia wrote:
dark patriot wrote:so Rush cancelled an Indy booking so he could be backstage in Philly to shoot that 100 second interview with Kevin Kelly?
i guess that roh has obviously priority over all the indy promotions and lio has a roh contract so...
I thought he cancelled a booking for Supercard not for Philly
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
YimYac wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
This.

Okada couldn't make Moose into a superstar. No way Roddy can either. Moose vs. Kongo easily one of the worst matches of the year so far.
Man people just refuse to give Moose any credit at all. Dude has been having some fantastic matches over the past year. Everyone's entitled to their opinions but trying to call the Okada match bad in any way is ridiculous. Don't get the hate for Moose vs Kongo personally either, it was exactly what it needed to be. Two powerhouses going back and forth at it.

Please break down in depth why you find both these matches terrible I'm honestly curious.
What fantastic matches are you talking about? Give me examples, all I have seen are good matches at best, and they are few and far between.
Just face facts: Moose is green as fuck and so far has not had one outstanding match people will remember. And yes, not even Okada could carry him beyond a *** match.
vs ACH
Both of his matches vs Cedric were great
vs Elgin
vs Okada
(Have not seen the Cole match yet).
I'd argue in favor of any of those matches, but that's just my opinion. I welcome you to break down why you consider any of those bad matches.

Also the "he hasn't had one match people will remember" is a ridiculous point.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

YimYac wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
YimYac wrote:
Okada couldn't make Moose into a superstar. No way Roddy can either. Moose vs. Kongo easily one of the worst matches of the year so far.
Man people just refuse to give Moose any credit at all. Dude has been having some fantastic matches over the past year. Everyone's entitled to their opinions but trying to call the Okada match bad in any way is ridiculous. Don't get the hate for Moose vs Kongo personally either, it was exactly what it needed to be. Two powerhouses going back and forth at it.

Please break down in depth why you find both these matches terrible I'm honestly curious.
What fantastic matches are you talking about? Give me examples, all I have seen are good matches at best, and they are few and far between.
Just face facts: Moose is green as fuck and so far has not had one outstanding match people will remember. And yes, not even Okada could carry him beyond a *** match.
vs ACH
Both of his matches vs Cedric were great
vs Elgin
vs Okada
(Have not seen the Cole match yet).
I'd argue in favor of any of those matches, but that's just my opinion. I welcome you to break down why you consider any of those bad matches.

Also the "he hasn't had one match people will remember" is a ridiculous point.[/quote]

Both Cedric matches were gimmick spot matches where he just showcased his spots to hide his weaknesses. The other three matches were all good and solid, but none of those was good enough to warrant him being given so many huge opportunities on the big shows. This just results in somebody of the roster being wasted in a solid, but unspectacular spot match.

Why is it a ridiculous point? Given the fact he is given big singles matches he should at least be capable of having such matches or being carried to such a match, which he obviously cannot.
He's over, definitely, but he's simply very limited in the ring. Hence why him vs Roddy is a huge waste of Roddy.
Last edited by JigsawVs.Jason on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

I'll agree that I've never seen a great Moose match. If you're calling any of his matches fantastic, you're looking through some pretty rose coloured glasses.

But that being said, I don't understand the hate for the match. There is no better way to help him improve than to book him against the best workers you can.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I don't hate Moose, I just think he's flatlined as a wrestler. The match with Okada was, to borrow loosely from baseball, The Mendoza Line. He was either going to hit it out of the park or strikeout. His caliber of opponent should have had him motivated more than at any other point in his career. Okada was the perfect opponent. This did not happen. Case in point, Sting getting his first big time match with none other than Ric Flair. Sting could have either shit his pants or use that opportunity to become a superstar. We know how that turned out.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Sting vs. Muta is actually a tremendous example to use.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

That feud was fucking awesome. Sting and Muta were both in their primes, and even though Flair and Funk were the main event, they made sure that they were going to make their mark and they did. Arguably, Sting's feud with Muta was just as important as his feud with Flair.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very excited to hear about the Jay Lethal vs. Lio Rush announcement! While I've been fascinated by the prospect of Tomohiro Ishii vs. Lio Rush for the ROH Word TV Title, the fact that they're giving Lio Rush a big match like this so early in his ROH career must mean that they really like him. Obviously he's not beating Lethal here, but if he has a really good performance here (and Lethal helps with that as well), it could elevate Lio Rush right out of the gate.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I like Lio Rush quite a bit. He makes Cedric completely expendable despite being green as hell. I thought Brian Fury, with the time allotted, called a pretty good match for them. Likewise, Jason Kincaid did so as well. It shows me Rush is a committed young guy who listens to the veterans. So the onus falls on Jay Lethal. Lethal's title reign has been inconsistent. It's time for him to amp up his game. He had a really good match against Styles. The 3 way wasn't too bad. But if we delve into the history books, we need to look no further than when Nigel was champ. He took a young kid named Tyler Black and put him on the fucking map. He catapulted Black into main event player. Lethal has a similar situation with Rush, who has had the most buzz for a TPT winner in recent memory. I'm not saying Rush has as much upside as Black, but it certainly is intriguing to see how this match ranks in Lethal's overall title reign when we look back at it.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Let's give Delirious his due: that Lio Rush vs Lethal match is awesome! I really like that Lethal is given more chapionship matches, his reign is indeed picking up steam right now. Hopefully this will continue with a gigantic Lethal vs Tanahashi Championship match.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The only confirmed talents not in matches yet for Friday are Burger, Page, and Castle. I'll make it easy for Johnston.

Cheeseburger vs. Adam Page

Dalton Castle vs. Colt Cabana
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

You're forgetting Bobby Fish and the Addiction.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so war machine vs kes on night 2??
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Signed for Night 2:

monster mafia wrote:so war machine vs kes on night 2??
Looks likely...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

A waste of ACH & Sydal, but I guess the latter is being preserved for WrestleCon.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer leaks:

Day 1
Bobby Fish vs. Christopher Daniels
Cheeseburger vs. Adam Page vs. Joey Daddiego vs. Dalton Castle vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Donovan Dijak

Day 2
BJ Whitmer vs. Dalton Castle
War Machine vs. Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser