Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

What slot on WM32 weekend should SCOH10 be slotted for?

Friday evening
40%
Saturday afternoon
53%
Saturday evening
7%

Total votes: 15

dhads7161

Re: Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

Post by dhads7161 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Why blow it on what is essentially a house show than on TV or a PPV?
Same could be asked about Cole vs. O'Reilly
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maybe because is wrestlemania weekend :roll:
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Not that I think MCMG vs. Bucks will be a bad match or anything, but isn't MCMG vs. Addiction where all the heat is? That feels a lot more like a match that needs to happen at SCOH.
Why blow it on what is essentially a house show than on TV or a PPV?
I'd argue the same is true but even more so for Cole vs. O'Reilly and Fish vs. Strong.

And also because SCOH is a big-name house show that you can push to sell DVD/VODs.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

trufreedom wrote:Holy Fuck, Harry's still alive?
I've been lurking in the rafters all these years
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

As stated in the burned bridges thread, WrestleCon has booked Cabana for the Hyatt Regency that weekend, with his only confirmed competition being the Saturday night SuperShow.

Castle vs. Cabana for Day 1.

Delirious vs. Curry vs. Castle vs. Cabana for Day 2. This has the potential to eclipse Joe vs. Evans vs Delirious vs. Ebetaroh as THE greatest comedy match in company history.

ROH just isn't gonna having the bragging rights of the best wrestling in Dallas. They're gonna be eclipsed by WWE, WWN, and possibly WrestleCon. So this is also the chance of outdoing Kaiju Big Battle for the best comedy wrestling of the entire weekend. And that makes this worthy of the Supercard of Honor cards.

Get it done, Johnson. We NEED these matches.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

supersonic wrote:As stated in the burned bridges thread, WrestleCon has booked Cabana for the Hyatt Regency that weekend, with his only confirmed competition being the Saturday night SuperShow.

Castle vs. Cabana for Day 1.

Delirious vs. Curry vs. Castle vs. Cabana for Day 2. This has the potential to eclipse Joe vs. Evans vs Delirious vs. Ebetaroh as THE greatest comedy match in company history.

ROH just isn't gonna having the bragging rights of the best wrestling in Dallas. They're gonna be eclipsed by WWE, WWN, and possibly WrestleCon. So this is also the chance of outdoing Kaiju Big Battle for the best comedy wrestling of the entire weekend. And that makes this worthy of the Supercard of Honor cards.

Get it done, Johnson. We NEED these matches.
If you're going to keep calling him out, at least start getting his name right: Johnston.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I think the Cabana in ROH ship sailed long ago.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
supersonic wrote:Not one special attraction I see.
While I agree with you, some people might consider you being...negative. I thought last year's card had some great stuff on it. But you look at WWN with Kota Ibushi, Tommy End, Will Osprey, and you'd think Wrestlemania weekend ROH would put their best foot forward. Just because the show is sold out doesn't mean shit. All the other wrestling promotions are going out of their way to knock it out of the park. For fuck's sake look at the NXT card. I expect better out of ROH. This just doesn't cut it.
It is the exact opposite, it means they don't have to spend a single more dollar to bring any special attraction at all.
Maybe they will, but they clearly don't have to.
ImageImage
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Yes and no. They don't have to, but I see quite a few people who are trying to sell their tickets so you have to imagine that ROH isn't doing a good job making those shows important and/or other companies are putting together better shows with more buzz. Sure, ROH could book a 3-hour iron man match between Jay Diesel and Cheeseburger because why not, they have your cash already, but it wouldn't hurt to have something more than a regular big house show.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

The most important weekend of the year in wrestling is not the most important weekend of the year for Ring of Honor. I think the outrage is misplaced. All they have to do is put on two very good shows and they will. The cards will be strong.They're not mailing it in. But these shows, for ROH, are less important than any PPV. They are less important than any joint show with NJPW. I would argue they're less important than TV tapings. There is zero business reason for them to be anything more or less than very good house shows.

The idea that what ROH NEEDS is for the increasingly irrelevant, over-the-hill Colt Cabana to wrestle undercard comedy matches with Delirious on these already sold-out shows is absurd thinking.

And I say this as somebody who has pretty low personal interest in seeing MCMG vs Young Bucks, a match I enjoyed very much in TNA in 2009 but that was 2009, and who no longer buys Kyle O'Reilly as a main eventer.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Signed for Night 2:

The rich history of professional wrestling in Dallas, Texas stretches back for decades...and now it continues with Ring of Honor! Long ago, every Saturday, the brutal battles between legends such as the Von Erichs and the Fabulous Freebirds captivated fans in the Sportatorium. Now the Dallas-Fort Worth area is set to get an even bigger dose of Ring of Honor...and this time we are going LIVE! All of your favorite ROH stars will be there LIVE for SUPERCARD OF HONOR as part of the biggest professional wrestling weekend in 2016!

SUPERCARD OF HONOR X is already SOLD OUT, but these events will be made available for later viewing on ROH WRESTLING.com as VOD releases.

Another chapter in the history of great wrestling in Dallas will be written on April 1st and April 2rd, 2016. The Hyatt Regency Dallas will be THE place to be on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Professional wrestling fans from all over the world will descend on Dallas, and ROH is going to give you an experience you will never, ever forget!

Just signed for NIGHT 2 of SUPERCARD OF HONOR X:

4 CORNER SURVIVAL - #1 CONTENDERS MATCH
The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs Jay & Mark Briscoe vs The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

In Ring of Honor, tag team wrestling will never be an afterthought! The history of the ROH World Tag Team Championship is full of elite tandems and international stars. The current champions, War Machine, claimed the prize after Ray Rowe survived a horrific accident that nearly claimed his life. He was motivated to get back in the ring better and stronger than ever because of the caliber of competition he knew he'd need to face to be a champion!

With a division so deep, it's a tough task to determine which team is most deserving of a championship opportunity at any one moment. Quite frankly, each and every team in ROH is worthy of holding the gold! But on April 2nd at SUPERCARD OF HONOR X, four of the best tag teams on the planet will battle it out to see who will be the #1 contenders for the ROH World Tag Team Championship!

Three of these four teams have been ROH World Tag Team Champions before. And one of the teams, The Briscoes, are currently holding the record for most tag team championship reigns of all time! While many have disagreed with all of the tactics employed by The Addiction, there's no question that the years of experience and cunning accumulated by Daniels and Kazarian have given them the tools to be champions once again. And The Young Bucks have virtually redefined tag team wrestling in 2016 with their unique offense and unbelievable cohesiveness.

The final team in this match is perhaps the most intriguing: the newly reunited MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS! Fans at SUPERCARD OF HONOR: NIGHT 1 will get a preview of this Four Corner Survival when Sabin and Shelley take on The Young Bucks! What condition will this team be in after so many years apart? Sabin and Shelley have teamed only sporadically over the past several years, and this might put them at a disadvantage over the other three teams in the field who compete together all the time! But when a team is as good as the Motor City Machine Guns, who's to say they can't become the number one contenders on April 2nd at SUPERCARD OF HONOR X?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

One post away from defending them, I now have to say that putting your Night 1 main event in the midcard of Night 2 is dumb, and typical of the lack of care/detail work of 2016 ROH.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

A small request for what would be some epic comedy matches, involving a guy who will already be in the building, isn't unreasonable. I'm not asking ROH to fly in Shingo or Paul London.

ROH has a track record of booking talents on WM weekend that are already in town for other events, including Lance Storm in Miami for the WWE HOF ceremony, and Jushin Liger in the Bay Area for WrestleCon.

It'd also be nice for someone who contributed to the company's history as heavily as Cabana, to go out on a better note (assuming this would be a one weekend only appearance if it happens), than just abruptly after a couple of average/bad matches in July 2011 that weren't even in his Midwest home region. See: Aries last summer.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Burnside wrote:One post away from defending them, I now have to say that putting your Night 1 main event in the midcard of Night 2 is dumb, and typical of the lack of care/detail work of 2016 ROH.
Why would an, albeit stacked, but still a #1 Contenders match headline above a heated No DQ match featuring two of the hottest stars in the company?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

KES‏@kelitesquad
@ringofhonor Dallas TX, KES in Town. 2pm. Ok. We got it. See ya Soon!!!!!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Good God, Thelone what the fuck are trying to do? A 3 hour Iron Man match between Cheeseburger against Diesel? Future sellouts prior to card announcements might give Delirious and Koff ideas on how to cut costs. Jesus Christ man!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Burnside wrote:One post away from defending them, I now have to say that putting your Night 1 main event in the midcard of Night 2 is dumb, and typical of the lack of care/detail work of 2016 ROH.
Burnside, this made me laugh.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

With this being TX, should Lethal vs. ACH IV be expected for Saturday?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

That would be odd since ACH is more than likely losing on N1.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I think we'll see a tag match w/ Sydal. Maybe against Silas and the Bruiser or ANX. Particularly the latter after this pair of tweets:

Matt Sydal
‏@findevan
Anyone care at all that I was thrown threw a table last night??

Kenny King ‏
@KennyKingPb2
@findevan Matt, that's what @RhettTitusANX and I have been talking about. put our bodies on the line for these jadrools and they don't care

Maybe there's something of a heel turn for Sydal coming, maybe not.