Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

What slot on WM32 weekend should SCOH10 be slotted for?

Friday evening
40%
Saturday afternoon
53%
Saturday evening
7%

Total votes: 15

supersonic

Re: Supercard of Honor X - April 1-2, 2016 - Dallas, TX

Post by supersonic »

Here's a scenario to discuss:

Should ROH continue to make Friday night the company's marquee weekend event, or turn it into more of a go-home event for a more important Saturday matinee show?

Doing it the latter way allows for the more important event to not have to go head-to-head with NXT, which is obviously the stiffest competition ROH faces over the weekend. In addition, rather than taking it easy on the matinee after being incredibly sore from Friday night less than 24 hours later, the Saturday show gets everyone's A+ performances. This could also allow for word of mouth to spread to those who are on the fence about Saturday to spread through town. "OMG last night's show has me so pumped for tomorrow, you guys really can't afford to miss this one!"
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

the dynamics of supercard weekend depends on what happens in february 2016. this is the month of ROH Japan & the 14th anniversary show in las vegas. there are multiple question, as of right now, to be asked.

-is there going to be an ongoing narrative between ring of honor & new japan that runs to the supershows in may?
-does new japan send talent to dallas in april? as part of that narrative?
-what will the roh roster look like in terms of drawing power?
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

As usual, we should expect the top NJPW workers to be busy with the Invasion Attack tour. IA may very well be the same day as WM32.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

If they don't try to fill in 7000+ seats, i don't think they will really suffer against NXT.
Moreover, if they didn't beat their best attendance ever at Field of Honor, i feel like they had way less casual fans than last time and the crowd seems into everything on VOD.
supersonic wrote:In addition, rather than taking it easy on the matinee after being incredibly sore from Friday night less than 24 hours later, the Saturday show gets everyone's A+ performances.
It looks like they will try something similar at Glory By Honor XIV with the TV Taping on the first day.
ImageImage
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote:Here's a scenario to discuss:

Should ROH continue to make Friday night the company's marquee weekend event, or turn it into more of a go-home event for a more important Saturday matinee show?

Doing it the latter way allows for the more important event to not have to go head-to-head with NXT, which is obviously the stiffest competition ROH faces over the weekend. In addition, rather than taking it easy on the matinee after being incredibly sore from Friday night less than 24 hours later, the Saturday show gets everyone's A+ performances. This could also allow for word of mouth to spread to those who are on the fence about Saturday to spread through town. "OMG last night's show has me so pumped for tomorrow, you guys really can't afford to miss this one!"
That sounds like a good idea to me.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Alright, Hunter (and Joe). How will you respond to the other Hunter (and Vince)?
Just two days before WWE invades AT&T Stadium for The Show of Shows, WrestleMania 32, the WWE Universe will get to see the Superstars of Tomorrow on their biggest stage: NXT TakeOver!

WWE COO Triple H announced on Twitter that the next edition of the highly acclaimed series of WWE Network live specials is coming to Dallas on Friday, April 1, 2016, at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas. NXT has made a huge impact in 2015 as it grew into a worldwide phenomenon, including sold-out specials in Brooklyn, N.Y., and London. 2016 looks to be even bigger for NXT, with TakeOver coming to the Lone Star State.

NXT TakeOver is the latest addition to what is sure to be a thrilling week in Dallas that already includes WrestleMania Axxess, the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Monday Night Raw and the pop culture phenomenon that is WrestleMania.

Tickets for the historic NXT TakeOver in Dallas will be available starting Saturday, Dec. 19.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

They probably won't respond, like they usually don't. They're not really feuding much, at least as much as people like to believe.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

TYFDK wrote:They probably won't respond, like they usually don't. They're not really feuding much, at least as much as people like to believe.
That's not what I mean by responding.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Wait, you mean like talent-wise, don't you?

In which case I apologize.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Yep, it's time Supercard of Honor get back to its original A+ event, big guns roots. After all, it's ROH piggy-backing off the industry's Super Bowl, with people like me spending thousands of dollars on the weekend and investing part of my vacation.

Granted, last year was a step in the right direction in that regard with the Joe and Liger bookings, plus Jacobs bidding farewell against one of his two top partners/rivals.
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

When there is a conflict of events I always choose ROH and I go to many ROH events throughout the year and travel for them but now that NXT is a Takeover it really depends on the cards for both if NXT was a house show I would have definitely went to ROH but now it's a waiting game to see which show I prefer.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Once again, I don't think NXT will have any effect on ticket sales for Supercard of Honor X since tickets have been on sale for months, and most of the seats have already been sold (and probably will sellout between now & 'Mania Weekend):

iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Once again, I don't think NXT will have any effect on ticket sales for Supercard of Honor X since tickets have been on sale for months, and most of the seats have already been sold (and probably will sellout between now & 'Mania Weekend):

Still could be an issue I have my ticket but I also have a ticket for nxt with the travel package so if I decide to go to nxt I'll be selling my roh ticket if no one buys it that's an empty seat and that could happen with more
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm not doing either on Friday night. I'm doing ROH on Saturday, WWE will get enough of my money for an Axxess session, Mania, Raw, and Merch so fuck NXT. Friday I'm going to that Viva La Lucha Show WWNLive is having.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t this show will be an important show, they could bring in some NJPW guy maybe, but right now the show is not as important as it was in the past. Part of the problem is that they can get a decent building because of WWE trying to run everybody out of WM Weekend so the show has to be a VOD.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

There's a very good chance both shows sell out, so I don't see that there is much effect on anything.
WHG

Post by WHG »

How stupid is anyone who bought a ticket to SCOH who didn't think there was going to be an NXT show, with (based on Brooklyn) a high likelihood that it'd be a Takeover special? I mean, fine if last year caught people off guard, but there was a 0% chance they weren't going to run Friday night again. The idea that half of the seats will be empty seems really stupid.

ROH was prepared for this, as they're running a small venue & are dealing with WrestleCon.

I have tix to both Friday & Saturday. Don't give a shit what NXT does. Will probably try to get to some WWN shows, though.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

WHG wrote:How stupid is anyone who bought a ticket to SCOH who didn't think there was going to be an NXT show, with (based on Brooklyn) a high likelihood that it'd be a Takeover special? I mean, fine if last year caught people off guard, but there was a 0% chance they weren't going to run Friday night again. The idea that half of the seats will be empty seems really stupid.

ROH was prepared for this, as they're running a small venue & are dealing with WrestleCon.

I have tix to both Friday & Saturday. Don't give a shit what NXT does. Will probably try to get to some WWN shows, though.
I like your attitude.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I bought two tickets just in case I had my seats locked in should ROH put up a superior card. Hoping for another late NXT event like San Jose.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

TYFDK wrote:
WHG wrote:How stupid is anyone who bought a ticket to SCOH who didn't think there was going to be an NXT show, with (based on Brooklyn) a high likelihood that it'd be a Takeover special? I mean, fine if last year caught people off guard, but there was a 0% chance they weren't going to run Friday night again. The idea that half of the seats will be empty seems really stupid.

I like your attitude.
Me too. Bout time somebody on this board started making sense.