Official Death Before Dishonor XIII Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thelone

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor XIII Thread

Post by Thelone »

And not exactly super epic.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I think they might be doing a 60-minute time limit draw here.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

7 minutes left.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Kind of ridiculous that the announcers aren't mentioning the time limit is approaching.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

2 minutes.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Aries vs. Black was the last world title match to go 60 minutes.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Match was great, but Kevin Kelly has the balls to call it the greatest match in Ring of Honor history which, I mean, not even close Kev.
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

I see alot of people on Twitter shitting on the match, but I liked the match a lot. It was a great start to the storyline of what I think they are going to do with Lethal's reign as double champion. As far as being one of the "best" matches in the history of ROH, not really. But a great effort by both guys.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Good show tonight. Not spectacular by any means though.

Young vs. Ferrara- **, nothing match really, pretty much just to give Silas a win.

Moose vs. Cedric-***1/4, this was quite good. I'm a big Cedric fan and love his new heel persona.

Briscoes vs. RPG Vice-***1/4, Really good tag match. Pretty much what you would expect out of these two teams.

Cole vs. Castle- ***1/2, I thought both guys looked great here. It was nice to see Cole finally get a win and he looks in a lot better shape then when he came back in May which is good.

Page vs. ACH, ****, I thought this was great. A bunch of brutal spots but they didn't really go overboard with them. Brutal finish. Really good stuff here.

4 way tag match- ***, This was good but I just couldn't get into it fully. Felt like they were just out there doing random moves.

Strong vs. Lethal ****, Great match. I really liked the time limit draw but Kelly saying it was the best match in ROH history is completely insane and came off so forced. Can't wait for the rematch though.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

I can't speak for the match as I haven't seen it, but I love the idea of Ring of Honor finally doing another 60-minute draw. The occasional hour long broadway (I'm talking, once every year or so at most.) is an aspect of Ring of Honor that I've sorely missed. Perfect occasion to pull it out from a booking standpoint as well, Lethal doesn't drop the belt so soon after winning it, Roddy doesn't lose the big one after being built back up all year, and taking place on a semi-big, but not traditional PPV platform.

If I were Ring of Honor I'd throw whatever amount of money within reason it would take to lock Roderick back up. What with the rumors of the WWE seemingly doing everything in their power to put the screws to ROH.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think the iPPV was a good B show, people like Dalton Castle, Cedric Alexander or Adam Page stepped up and it takes some balls to do a 60 minutes time limit draw in 2015 and they delivered, Kevin Kelly was obviously selling the match and it´s clear it wasn´t that match but it was a really good 60 minutes match (Specially the last 30 minutes) and they managed to keep the crowd invested all the time so props to them for that.

Silas Young vs Will Ferrara: **1/2 (Good to see them showcase Silas more)
Moose vs Cedric Alexander: ***1/4 (They showed some good chemistry here, looking foward to more of this)
Briscoes vs Roppongi Vice: ***1/2 (Briscoe were on fire here and RV looked more serious than usual as a result)
Adam Cole vs Dalton Castle: ***1/2 (Castle proved again that he is more than a gimmick given the opportunity)
No DQ: Adam Page vs ACH: **** (Finish was sick, and they had some crazy spots)
ROH World Tag Team Title: Addiction vs Kingdom vs War Machine vs reDRagon: ***1/2 (I think this is the match the we would have gotten if Bobby Fish didn´t had the travel problems at Global Wars night 1)
ROH World Heavyweight Title: Lethal vs Strong: **** (A+ to both for the effort and keeping the crowd into the match the whole time, i think this is a good booking because it keeps Strong into the title contention and it doesn´t hurt Lethal that much).
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Honestly, for me, Adam Cole vs. Dalton Castle was my Match of the Night.

As far as the Time Limit Draw goes, the fact that they did it is pretty telling when it comes to Roderick Strong. They clearly don't want him losing right now.
Aedr0th666
Donator
Donator

Post by Aedr0th666 »

So... worth the 20 bucks?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:As far as the Time Limit Draw goes, the fact that they did it is pretty telling when it comes to Roderick Strong. They clearly don't want him losing right now.
Well, not until a random New Japan or recently-released name comes in at least.

The issue I have with the draw is that no one was buying an upset here and whatever drama they were trying to create didn't work because of that. Do the same match at FB or 14A and people might actually believe Roddy has a chance, but not a month into Lethal's reign.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I think the fact that the announcers never mentioned the fact that it could draw after the 45 or 50 minute mark was so stupid. Every fan was thinking about it. Imagine any sporting event where the announcers completely ignored the fact that the clock was running out.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Eh, I can't really fault them for that and frankly, it didn't even cross my mind live until I read your message here. I mean, every time they mention the clock in a match, you know they're going for a draw so the less they talk about it the better imo, but I get your point about how unrealistic that is.
DijakMark

Post by DijakMark »

For what it's worth, I talked to both Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino post-show last night (I am the guy in the blue hat next to Ultra Liger) and they were both marking out hard for the main event. I legitimately think they thought it was the best match they've seen in awhile.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Haven't watched it yet as I don't trust ROH ippv, but surprised by the time limit draw. Didn't think we would ever see that in ROH again.
Despite not having seen the match, I'm going to go ahead and agree that calling it the best match in ROH history is ridiculous purely for the fact that they've been going on about how Lethal/Briscoe is the greatest main event in ROH history and it happened literally last month. You can't make that claim every show.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Just off topic, the iPPV stream was fantastic. Did not cut out on me once last night.