Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by monster mafia »

"ROH & Tenille Dashwood negotiating long-term contract, per source. Currently only short-term deal in place. Told the plan is to keep her there for "foreseeable future."
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdOe9R6kfWo

Missed this one last week on WOH Wednesday. Honestly, a pretty decent match considering who's in it.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:07 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdOe9R6kfWo

Missed this one last week on WOH Wednesday. Honestly, a pretty decent match considering who's in it.
Again, besmirching the name of Jenny Rose!!

Yeah--it's sort of just a passable match between them (besides the botched finish). Crushingly depressing to see the division heading in a rougher direction than it was before there was a champion. Sumie vs. Jenny is such a teeth-clenchingly inappropriate title match.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I agree, but based on what we saw in that tag match yesterday as well as previously, I think Deonna vs Sumie could be a really fun title match.

Sumie lacks the physical strength at her age to do all of her spots against larger women like Kelly and Jenny.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

According to squaredcirclesirens.com, WWE has reportedly signed 23-year-old Deonna Purrazzo to a developmental contract. She will be reporting to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in a few weeks. Purrazzo is a student of Damian Adams and Rip Rogers and was a major part of ROH re-launching the women of honor division.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Was just about to post this. Good signing for them.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Blech. Io, Deonna, and probably more names down the pike. [Big exhale] I guess this just won't stop until they stop getting extravagant TV deals.

This extremely affects my feelings about the WOH division. I basically saw the division as an chassis to frame Deonna's matches. I guess they're just going to make Tenille what Cody was to the ROH Title last year. What else is left?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:29 am Blech. Io, Deonna, and probably more names down the pike. [Big exhale] I guess this just won't stop until they stop getting extravagant TV deals.

This extremely affects my feelings about the WOH division. I basically saw the division as an chassis to frame Deonna's matches. I guess they're just going to make Tenille what Cody was to the ROH Title last year. What else is left?
Remember NXT/WWE is also signing Toni Storm, good signings for this year's MYC.

For the Women of Honor division, I don't know, what look at some of the talent in SHIMMER or Women's Wrestling Revolution. In UK there's a good amount of female wrestlers with a certain level. From the US, I'd love to see Madison Eagles in WOH tbh.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Wilson wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:29 am Blech. Io, Deonna, and probably more names down the pike. [Big exhale] I guess this just won't stop until they stop getting extravagant TV deals.

With Deonna gone it's clear they should've put more effort into establishing Karen Q.

God I hate WWE so much. Not because they sign great talent, but because great talent is usually less great when they get to WWE than they were before they got there. There are of course exceptions but for the most part, nobody is as good in WWE as they are outside of it.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:41 am According to squaredcirclesirens.com, WWE has reportedly signed 23-year-old Deonna Purrazzo to a developmental contract. She will be reporting to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in a few weeks. Purrazzo is a student of Damian Adams and Rip Rogers and was a major part of ROH re-launching the women of honor division.
Oh no. I don't like this.

Does this mean Marty won't be far behind?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thunder Rosa?!?!?
famicommander wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:16 pm With Deonna gone it's clear they should've put more effort into establishing Karen Q.

God I hate WWE so much. Not because they sign great talent, but because great talent is usually less great when they get to WWE than they were before they got there. There are of course exceptions but for the most part, nobody is as good in WWE as they are outside of it.
It's literal resource accumulation and stockpiling. It's brutal for the industry. Besides the wrestler's capital increase, I feel zero warmth to any announced signings of established workers these days.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It's a real loss for ROH and the female side of the industry as a whole, she is incredibly talented and if she can improve on her mic skills has a real chance of taking herself to the top of card in the WWE women's devision.

With such stoke piling of female talent it will be interesting to see where WWE goes, are they planing a totally seperate entity to function by itself or are they just signing talent for the sake of stopping others from having a well balanced brand.

Both ROH and Stardom i imagine may start looking to have a much stronger relationship not just in signing talent but also creating it, if they can get more female talent through the dojo and into Stardom and back and visa verser there could be a real aveue for talent to grow.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:42 pm Thunder Rosa?!?!?
famicommander wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:16 pm With Deonna gone it's clear they should've put more effort into establishing Karen Q.

It's literal resource accumulation and stockpiling. It's brutal for the industry. Besides the wrestler's capital increase, I feel zero warmth to any announced signings of established workers these days.
Wrestlers capital increase is even questionable. I hardly believe someone like Dijak is making more hanging out at the Performance Center and occasionally working a house show in some tiny Florida town is making more than he was hustling on the Indys. With the increase in tv rights that is about the WWE is about to receive that could change. Might as well pay big stars to stay home and not appear elsewhere.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I just realized Thunder Rosa is Kobra Moon on Lucha Underground.

So... hellz yeah!
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Deonna has big fans in very high places in WWE. But things got messed around Mae Young Classic time and promises weren't kept. So the two parties walked away from each other for a spell. But WWE was always her destiny.

It never got any play in the newsletters or newzsites but in a rare admission of fault Triple H said he regretted not using her in the MYC:
http://www.gerweck.net/2017/09/01/tripl ... ng-classic

Personally glad it played out this way. She has improved her look, in ring and other aspects of her act since last July. She doesn't come off as an enhancement talent anymore.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Uch. Please no Thunder Rosa.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i am wrong or lizad man is just putting tag matches, singles matches with no storyline...?

deonna is a huge lost for woh...they just need to protect tenille and give her the belt...also put karen q over and create some good booking with the girls.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:42 pm Uch. Please no Thunder Rosa.
Why? She had some awesome matches in Lucha Underground.