Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Women's wrestling in ROH

Post by Big Red Machine »

AssShooter wrote:Cherry Bomb was already supposed to wrestle in ROH before her injury, she'll be back.
Ah. That explains why they've wasted time booking Pepper Parks.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Can't say I'm much into Kimber's "I'M SUPER INTENSE ALL THE TIME" schtick, but she's a fairly high profile wrestler so good for her.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

These are getting fun at the very least. I like Purazzo, a lot. I think she has some intangibles that could make her a big time star.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I very rarely think female wrestlers are hot, don't know why, I just don't, but Hania the Huntress. 10/10.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I very rarely think female wrestlers are hot
I even rarer think male wrestlers are hot.
But that doesn't matter, since they (the men and the women) are supposed to look like fighters.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Thelone

Post by Thelone »

So... when is this division gonna mean anything and not be just a bunch of random dark matches with no storylines or character development whatsoever ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Idk man.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Thelone wrote:So... when is this division gonna mean anything and not be just a bunch of random dark matches with no storylines or character development whatsoever ?
Never.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The WOMEN OF HONOR are coming to Nashville! Our upcoming February 6th event will feature not only your favorite ROH stars in action taped for television, but a special spotlight will shine on our incredible female athletes. For months, fans at ROH events have witnessed fantastic Women of Honor action and fans around the world have been watching on our YouTube channel.

The message is clear: you want more WOMEN OF HONOR! So on February 6th as part of the Nashville stop of the ROH WINTER WARRIORS TOUR, the night will be full of Women of Honor matches!

This is the biggest, most important event in the rebirth of the Women of Honor division. On February 6th, we will film multiple Women of Honor matches all for an upcoming VOD release! Plus, the night will feature the debut of a brand new female graduate from the ROH DOJO! It is a can't-miss event and your chance to be there LIVE in Nashville supporting your favorites as they prove that the Women of Honor are here to stay.
Already signed to compete in Nashville...

- ODB
- AMBER GALLOWS
- KELLY KLEIN
- VEDA SCOTT
- TAELER HENDRIX
- MANDY LEON
- HANIA THE HUNTRESS
- SUMIE SAKAI

ROHWRESTLING.com is your spot for the latest Women of Honor updates including VOD release information and a whole lot more. But you don't have to wait to get your tickets to February 6th in Nashville featuring the WOMEN OF HONOR! To be there live, click HERE

Ring of Honor Presents
Winter Warriors Tour
Saturday, February 6th - 7:00PM Bell Time - National TV Taping
Nashville Municipal Auditorium
417 Fourth Avenue North - Nashville, TN
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

good to see Sumie and Hania back in.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So 9 women will be wrestling that night. Should be a great night for WOH matches.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

You know, when listed like that, it isn't an all that bad women's division. I mean, could be better, but it's not "bad". On paper I think it's better than TNA's anyway.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The Dragon Saga wrote:You know, when listed like that, it isn't an all that bad women's division. I mean, could be better, but it's not "bad". On paper I think it's better than TNA's anyway.
You can probably add Deonna Purrazo, Heidi Lovelace, Mary Dobson and Leah Von Dutch (Leah Vaughan, now) to that list.
Leah won her match against Mary Dobson, what was the point if she doesn't wrestle in ROH again ?
Also, what happened to Jenny Rose ? Isn't she a graduate from the ROH Dojo like Mandy Leon ?
After more than 130k views on youtube with the 4 corner survival, they have to bring Kimber Lee back too.
I mean, that match is in their top 15 most watched videos and their most watched match released on youtube from the last 2 years.
It's kind of sad for Maria Kanellis. She's probably the biggest artisan in the Women of Honor return and she won't even be there when the first champion is crowned.
ImageImage
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I'm now beginning to be get scared that they'll actually try to crown a champion in Nashville.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

The Dragon Saga wrote:You know, when listed like that, it isn't an all that bad women's division. I mean, could be better, but it's not "bad". On paper I think it's better than TNA's anyway.
This year, TNA already had Awesome Kong, Chelsea Green, Deonna Purrazo, Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, Marti Belle, Mia Yim, Rebel and Velvet Sky. It's not that bad on paper either.

Both have a mix ranging from veteran to very green. It all depends on what the booker does with them and how the company presents it within the product as a whole.
Big Red Machine wrote:I'm now beginning to be get scared that they'll actually try to crown a champion in Nashville.
This wouldn't be good at all. Not only is it a rather random line-up, great for a local promotion, but not an international, but the women's divsion isn't presented within the product at all yet. So we would have a wrestler who is listed as a ROH champion, but treated like a guest rather than an integral part of the roster.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Allysin Kay added to nashville women of honor matches