Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
NewROHFan2020

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:54 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:35 am
Shanahan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:18 am

I agree. Next weekend's TV will be the last of this great 10 month run. Starting July 31 we have to sit (or FF) thru women's matches taking up valuable time on 1 hour show.You thought it was hard getting guys like Taylor on TV more---just you wait. I watched all the Wednesday Women YT Shows and most of the matches were so basic and mediocre. Nothing outstanding or memorable.
They have two 3+ hour Glory By Honor shows in August, Death Before Dishonor in September, Women's Division Wednesday, a match every week on Week By Week, the TV show, and semi-regular web exclusive matches. I think you're being a bit dramatic. This isn't like the beginning of the pandemic era when they literally only had the weekly TV show.

It's less TV time going forward. That's a fact. ROH didn't have enough TV time to get all the SOTF matches on air and had to do the Pure Gauntlet for Title Shot at BITW on Youtube. MLW is in the same boat. Adding women just gives the guys less time. I would have no problem if the women were as good as the men but let's face facts. You gonna be excited for any women's match that ROH or MLW can put forth now? Give me Isom vs LSG over that any day of the week.
Hopefully they keep most of the women’s matches quick or on Week by Week, but I do not want to see Isom and LSG go 15 minutes on TV. I’d rather have 2, 6 minute women’s matches.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:56 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:35 am

They have two 3+ hour Glory By Honor shows in August, Death Before Dishonor in September, Women's Division Wednesday, a match every week on Week By Week, the TV show, and semi-regular web exclusive matches. I think you're being a bit dramatic. This isn't like the beginning of the pandemic era when they literally only had the weekly TV show.

It's less TV time going forward. That's a fact. ROH didn't have enough TV time to get all the SOTF matches on air and had to do the Pure Gauntlet for Title Shot at BITW on Youtube. MLW is in the same boat. Adding women just gives the guys less time. I would have no problem if the women were as good as the men but let's face facts. You gonna be excited for any women's match that ROH or MLW can put forth now? Give me Isom vs LSG over that any day of the week.
Hopefully they keep most of the women’s matches quick or on Week by Week, but I do not want to see Isom and LSG go 15 minutes on TV. I’d rather have 2, 6 minute women’s matches.
ROH TV #498. Go watch Isom/LSG. Really good match.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

really cool to see the womens tournament on tv, looking forward to it
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Yeah, I saw it. I have no desire to see them wrestle another 10-15 minute match with no story progression.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

good match, i like isom a lot.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 am

good match, i like isom a lot.
I hope he's TV champ by end of the year.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are doing a question and answer town tall for some of women in the tournament today
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Allure’s Angelina Love and Mandy Leon are smart enough to know that a referee’s decision is final. Therefore, Leon’s tainted win over Quinn McKay on Ring of Honor Wrestling last week cannot be overturned.

However, Love and Leon also should be smart enough to know that ROH Board of Directors member Maria Kanellis-Bennett isn’t going to turn a blind eye to their actions.

After all, Kanellis-Bennett was sitting in on commentary when Love passed brass knuckles to Leon, who nailed McKay in the head with them and pinned her.

Kanellis-Bennett tweeted earlier this week that she will make two announcements regarding the incident. Expect the announcements to come early next week.

McKay needed to defeat Leon to earn the final spot in the ROH Women’s World Title Tournament. As of now, that spot remains open.

The tournament kicks off on Ring of Honor Wrestling the weekend of July 31 with the following first-round matchups:

* Miranda Alize vs. Alex Gracia

* Mazzerati vs. Nicole Savoy

* Sumie Sakai vs. Rok-C
Montana

Post by Montana »

Hmm, so the Best in the world fallout may not happen until like August/ Glory by Honor?? IF impact can follow up on a PPV, a few days later... no reason why ROH can't figure this out.

Think this is why people were concerned with ROH bringing back the women's division at the moment.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:19 pm Hmm, so the Best in the world fallout may not happen until like August/ Glory by Honor?? IF impact can follow up on a PPV, a few days later... no reason why ROH can't figure this out.

Think this is why people were concerned with ROH bringing back the women's division at the moment.
That’s the bad part about ROH tv. It seems like they don’t have a plan, and we just get random matches for the sake of it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

There's really no excuse for the TV not being coherent. They need to hire a continuity editor.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I told you guys to relish this weekends tv...it's the last one for awhile.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:17 pm I told you guys to relish this weekends tv...it's the last one for awhile.
Not following up on BITW doesn't mean the episodes will automatically be bad. It definitely means they haven't learned their lessons and it's something we should all continue to point out and complain about, but the episodes themselves can still be good television.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:27 pm
Shanahan wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:17 pm I told you guys to relish this weekends tv...it's the last one for awhile.
Not following up on BITW doesn't mean the episodes will automatically be bad. It definitely means they haven't learned their lessons and it's something we should all continue to point out and complain about, but the episodes themselves can still be good television.
1 hour was hard just for the men. Now we will get 2-3 women's tourney matches a week and then women's matches on TV going forward. That will dilute the tv product.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ian posted him with bandido and the screen said champions vs all stars so will we get more then women matches in the coming weeks
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:40 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:27 pm
1 hour was hard just for the men. Now we will get 2-3 women's tourney matches a week and then women's matches on TV going forward. That will dilute the tv product.
I don't see it as a dilution of anything. Either the matches/segments are good or they aren't.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Brian Malonis vs Joe Keys in a Pure Rules Week By Week exclusive match coming this week. Wow! Thanks ROH!!!!!

See, having an all woman’s TV episode isn’t so bad when they’re giving us “treasure” like this!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are voting to see if the fans want to see Quinn in the tournament
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:42 pm Ian posted him with bandido and the screen said champions vs all stars so will we get more then women matches in the coming weeks
Champions vs All Stars better make sense storyline wise while also advancing feuds. If its just a 8 or 10 man tag and that's it, it's more useless stuff clogging up valuable TV Time.

If it's Bandido,Gresham,Lee,Taylor,Dickinson vs RUSH,Woods,Brody,Jay Briscoe,Titus. And we get some encounters/interactions between Bandido/Lee working together,Lee/Rush face off because of that,Woods stepping up/challenging Gresham,Brody wanting to go after RUSH & targeting Bandido,Flip sneak attacking Bandido during match,Lee/Taylor square off,Jay/Dickinson/Titus Brawl i would be happy with it but just a straight up filler match....nope.