Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:44 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:42 am
famicommander wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:34 am Hyan is the big name still missing from the women we've seen so far.
Maybe mickie james or someone else
Again, I was talking about the group we've seen so far on Women's Division Wednesdays. Hyan is definitely the most established and popular indie wrestler they've brought in but not yet confirmed for the tournament.
most think she heading to aew or impact
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Marti belle and holidead is in
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Those are some solid names.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The bracket for the tournament will be revealed at the Best in the World pay-per-view this Sunday in Baltimore.

Here are the competitors announced for the tournament thus far:

-- Angelina Love
-- Rok-C
-- Miranda Alize
-- Trish Adora
-- Allysin Kay
-- Mazzerati
-- Willow
-- Mandy Leon
-- Nicole Savoy
-- Max The Impaler
-- Alex Gracia
-- Sumie Sakai
-- Marti Belle
-- Holidead
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

14 competitors is an uneven bracket and leaves room for byes and bullshit to happen
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

one spot left ( mandy leon vs quinn in two weeks , if quinn wins she is in)...16 competitors
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:13 am Image

one spot left ( mandy leon vs quinn in two weeks , if quinn wins she is in)...16 competitors
15. What happens if she loses? We know that she will win, but why go through this unnecessary bullshit. Why not have that match at the PPV? It’s a rhetorical question, as I am sure the match has already been pre-taped.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the storyline with quinn is good so i dont have a problem with that.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:21 am the storyline with quinn is good so i dont have a problem with that.
Agreed. It's given Quinn a chance to show off how good she is before the tourney, so she can be 1 of the fan favorites, so when she loses it will mean a lot more.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:17 am

15. What happens if she loses? We know that she will win, but why go through this unnecessary bullshit. Why not have that match at the PPV? It’s a rhetorical question, as I am sure the match has already been pre-taped.
I think there’s a good chance she loses. It’s a better long term story, she’s not going deep in the tournament so beating Mandy and then losing to someone who’s not built up themselves isn’t really so her any favors.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

EvanKnight wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:04 am

I think there’s a good chance she loses. It’s a better long term story, she’s not going deep in the tournament so beating Mandy and then losing to someone who’s not built up themselves isn’t really so her any favors.
That’s possible, but then the bracket reveal is even more worthless, as then another wrestler would have to receive a bye.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Willow showed up at mlw tapings
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:55 am
EvanKnight wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:04 am

That’s possible, but then the bracket reveal is even more worthless, as then another wrestler would have to receive a bye.
Not necessarily. The spot can be held possibly for Quinn, she can lose, and then the spot be offered to someone who has yet to make their debut.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

My final Four: Angelina vs Rok-C & Allysin Kay vs Miranda Alize.

Final: Kay over Rok-C.

Chelsea Green challenges her for Final Battle.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Well she should've been Women of Honor World Champion years ago but that time is gone. Definitely don't tie up their brand new world title in whatever is going to happen between Impact, AAA, and AEW. Deonna is already challenging for the AAA Reina de Reinas championship at Triplemania and Britt Baker has called out Deonna.

Seems like they're heading for another mess, having learned nothing from the Kenny Omega or Lio Rush situations.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am Well she should've been Women of Honor World Champion years ago but that time is gone. Definitely don't tie up their brand new world title in whatever is going to happen between Impact, AAA, and AEW. Deonna is already challenging for the AAA Reina de Reinas championship at Triplemania and Britt Baker has called out Deonna.

Seems like they're heading for another mess, having learned nothing from the Kenny Omega or Lio Rush situations.
A few days ago Maria responded to tweet Deonna sent out about Chelsea green
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't put too much stock in that. I don't believe ROH is stupid enough to do this after finally getting some traction on the women's side. Nothing good can come from immediately burying your brand new title.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

As long as ROH gives the title some time, even just two or three months of space on its I would have no problem with Dianna coming in. She’s exactly who should be at the head of the table for title when you look at her as a wrestler.