Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:08 am As long as ROH gives the title some time, even just two or three months of space on its I would have no problem with Dianna coming in. She’s exactly who should be at the head of the table for title when you look at her as a wrestler.
If they bring her in to be ROH champion while she's AAA and Impact champion, or god forbid AEW too, then there's no way to get the belt back to ROH without burying it.

Absolutely the stupidest possible move to do with your brand new title after you already had to abandon your last one.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:31 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:08 am As long as ROH gives the title some time, even just two or three months of space on its I would have no problem with Dianna coming in. She’s exactly who should be at the head of the table for title when you look at her as a wrestler.
If they bring her in to be ROH champion while she's AAA and Impact champion, or god forbid AEW too, then there's no way to get the belt back to ROH without burying it.

Absolutely the stupidest possible move to do with your brand new title after you already had to abandon your last one.
Not keeping your title active and not having women’s wrestling is fine, but having your belt on another promotion’s champion is going to “bury it”? Nobody will care. Whenever the new champ is crowned only someone like you will say “they had to abandon the title last time, this belt is worthless!!!”
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I’m not saying her win it, that’s the last thing I want, but a series of matches even with the title being defended on Impact isn’t going to her it. It’s just going to give it more exposure etc. I don’t want any of ROH’s titles on anyone else but said person in ROH, what the other companies bring though is a wider ranging audience and ROH is in need of that more than people seem to realise. Things like Best in the World will always help but there needs to be a realisation by a lot of fans how limited the fan base is compared to others.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:49 am

Not keeping your title active and not having women’s wrestling is fine, but having your belt on another promotion’s champion is going to “bury it”? Nobody will care. Whenever the new champ is crowned only someone like you will say “they had to abandon the title last time, this belt is worthless!!!”
We've been over this with the Impact World Title and you still don't get it.

There's no way to split the titles back up after one person has won them all without burying all other titles at the expense of one. And given the relative strengths of the women's divisions between AEW, Impact, AAA, and ROH the ROH belt would be fourth fiddle without question.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:51 am

I’m not saying her win it, that’s the last thing I want, but a series of matches even with the title being defended on Impact isn’t going to her it. It’s just going to give it more exposure etc. I don’t want any of ROH’s titles on anyone else but said person in ROH, what the other companies bring though is a wider ranging audience and ROH is in need of that more than people seem to realise. Things like Best in the World will always help but there needs to be a realisation by a lot of fans how limited the fan base is compared to others.
Why would Impact agree to any scenario besides Deonna pinning ROH talents?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:56 am

They can get a win back by the Deonna pinning ROH’s champion just not with title on the line or if facing for Impacts title. There are ways and means without having to close a door completely nor overshadowing titles or undervaluing them.

Overall it would very much help women’s wrestling I would say.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:39 pm

They can get a win back by the Deonna pinning ROH’s champion just not with title on the line or if facing for Impacts title. There are ways and means without having to close a door completely nor overshadowing titles or undervaluing them.

That doesn't sound like it helps anybody. What would help women's wrestling is for each of the major promotions to have a women's division that stands on its own as a desirable destination.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:53 am

There's no way to split the titles back up after one person has won them all without burying all other titles at the expense of one. And given the relative strengths of the women's divisions between AEW, Impact, AAA, and ROH the ROH belt would be fourth fiddle without question.
Just like you don’t get it. Nobody cares about whatever prestige you think some title holds. I have not seen one person worried about the “prestige” of the ROH women’s title because it was inactive for like 2 years. Nobody cares! Just like if some Impact wrestler were to win it and then lose it back to someone after beating 8 times by others, nobody will care.

Wrestling is fake, titles are not won, they’re given. Only the nerdiest of wannabe Meltzers care about “prestige” and “tarnished because it’s held by another company’s wrestler”. Nobody fucking cares, and past storylines are easily forgotten.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:11 pm

That doesn't sound like it helps anybody. What would help women's wrestling is for each of the major promotions to have a women's division that stands on its own as a desirable destination.
To me it helps a lot in a variety of ways, especially fans as the level of matches, story’s etc available with Deonna and others in ROH is something really interesting to and imagine other fans too.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:11 pm

To me it helps a lot in a variety of ways, especially fans as the level of matches, story’s etc available with Deonna and others in ROH is something really interesting to and imagine other fans too.
He is the 1% of wrestling fans.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

wow, it was just a tweet..relax.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:17 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:53 am

Just like you don’t get it. Nobody cares about whatever prestige you think some title holds. I have not seen one person worried about the “prestige” of the ROH women’s title because it was inactive for like 2 years. Nobody cares! Just like if some Impact wrestler were to win it and then lose it back to someone after beating 8 times by others, nobody will care.

Wrestling is fake, titles are not won, they’re given. Only the nerdiest of wannabe Meltzers care about “prestige” and “tarnished because it’s held by another company’s wrestler”. Nobody fucking cares, and past storylines are easily forgotten.
You really have no idea what you're talking about.

If the titles don't matter nothing on the program matters.

If, within the fictional universe you present on screen, there are other titles that matter more than your own there's no reason to care about your own titles.

There's a very good reason this almost never happens in wrestling and it's because only Impact and AAA are stupid enough.

This has never been about another company's wrestler holding your belt. It's about going out of your way to tell your entire audience that their belts mean more than yours, even though by necessity their belts will only appear on your programming in the short term.

But like with most subjects, the most basic possible logic always eludes you.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Honestly think it may be time to throw in the towel on building a woman's division. It's just not a strong suit for ROH and never has been. But because all the SJW smart marks think "Oh, no woman's division means they're not inclusive." every company thinks they need to have one. Honestly it's even less inclusive to have one that's shit than to not have one at all, that's an insult to the women in it in my opinion. If ROH wants women perhaps bring in Joshi as an attraction here and there or work with Shimmer to have them brought in here and there but the Women of Honor division just isn't working out for ROH and dare I say never will. Cut it and focus on areas the company is stronger in.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:42 am Honestly think it may be time to throw in the towel on building a woman's division. It's just not a strong suit for ROH and never has been. But because all the SJW smart marks think "Oh, no woman's division means they're not inclusive." every company thinks they need to have one. Honestly it's even less inclusive to have one that's shit than to not have one at all, that's an insult to the women in it in my opinion. If ROH wants women perhaps bring in Joshi as an attraction here and there or work with Shimmer to have them brought in here and there but the Women of Honor division just isn't working out for ROH and dare I say never will. Cut it and focus on areas the company is stronger in.
I disagree. If you’re a big promotion, you just have to. Doesn’t mean you have to try and make it big time, but it’s just better for optics to have one.

Besides, if ROH becomes a bigger promotion, they will have to implement one anyway.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:42 am Honestly think it may be time to throw in the towel on building a woman's division. It's just not a strong suit for ROH and never has been. But because all the SJW smart marks think "Oh, no woman's division means they're not inclusive." every company thinks they need to have one. Honestly it's even less inclusive to have one that's shit than to not have one at all, that's an insult to the women in it in my opinion. If ROH wants women perhaps bring in Joshi as an attraction here and there or work with Shimmer to have them brought in here and there but the Women of Honor division just isn't working out for ROH and dare I say never will. Cut it and focus on areas the company is stronger in.
I think this reboot has worked out extremely well so far. I don't know what the issue is.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:00 am
I think this reboot has worked out extremely well so far. I don't know what the issue is.
x2
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:09 am
famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:00 am
x2
I mean there's always time for them to fuck it up but so far I've enjoyed it thoroughly.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I agree. Next weekend's TV will be the last of this great 10 month run. Starting July 31 we have to sit (or FF) thru women's matches taking up valuable time on 1 hour show.You thought it was hard getting guys like Taylor on TV more---just you wait. I watched all the Wednesday Women YT Shows and most of the matches were so basic and mediocre. Nothing outstanding or memorable.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:18 am
I agree. Next weekend's TV will be the last of this great 10 month run. Starting July 31 we have to sit (or FF) thru women's matches taking up valuable time on 1 hour show.You thought it was hard getting guys like Taylor on TV more---just you wait. I watched all the Wednesday Women YT Shows and most of the matches were so basic and mediocre. Nothing outstanding or memorable.
They have two 3+ hour Glory By Honor shows in August, Death Before Dishonor in September, Women's Division Wednesday, a match every week on Week By Week, the TV show, and semi-regular web exclusive matches. I think you're being a bit dramatic. This isn't like the beginning of the pandemic era when they literally only had the weekly TV show.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:35 am
Shanahan wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:18 am
They have two 3+ hour Glory By Honor shows in August, Death Before Dishonor in September, Women's Division Wednesday, a match every week on Week By Week, the TV show, and semi-regular web exclusive matches. I think you're being a bit dramatic. This isn't like the beginning of the pandemic era when they literally only had the weekly TV show.

It's less TV time going forward. That's a fact. ROH didn't have enough TV time to get all the SOTF matches on air and had to do the Pure Gauntlet for Title Shot at BITW on Youtube. MLW is in the same boat. Adding women just gives the guys less time. I would have no problem if the women were as good as the men but let's face facts. You gonna be excited for any women's match that ROH or MLW can put forth now? Give me Isom vs LSG over that any day of the week.