Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thelone

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by Thelone »

monster mafia wrote:The ROH-Stardom was a success
I recognize almost no one outside of the WOH "regulars", no one meaning Kiera Hogan and Xandra Bale
Gabby Slays will tour with stardom in June.
Good for her I guess, whoever that is.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Hopefully Gabby gets a few WOH in before her tour begins.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

http://squaredcirclesirens.com:

Yesterday, March 18th, 2017 Ring of Honor and STARDOM held a tryout at the ROH Dojo in Bristol, Pennsylvania in hopes of finding talent to be used at Women of Honor events and STARDOM events in Japan.

Talent involved included Karen Q, Kiera Hogan, Tasha Steelz, Hallen Vale, Layne Rosario, Xandra Bale, Riley, Savannah Evans, Jewells Malone, Nikki Addams, Ivory Robyn, Allie Gato, Davienne, Ashley Vox, Vanity, Willow Nightingale, Tequila Rosee, Gabriella, Katred, and transgender wrestler Paola Gonzalez.

At the end of the day Gabriella, a Monstery Factory Pro trainee was picked as the woman that will go over to Japan to tour with STARDOM in the near future.
rovert

Post by rovert »

There was a lot of upset over who was selected. Given who/what STARDOM looks for in wrestlers it doesn't really lend well to a meritocratic tryout camp.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Karen is the next big thing in Women's Wrestling https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 5616400384
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah I saw that. That's awesome. She must be booked the 1st otherwise I'd have guessed they would have booked her for Festival of Honor.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

rovert wrote:Jenny Rose vs Taeler Hendrix was a decent match.

Depends if Mandy is part of the tryout or not but I think Karen Q might tour STARDOM via ROH.

you had me convinced Karen was gonna win.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

rovert wrote:There was a lot of upset over who was selected. Given who/what STARDOM looks for in wrestlers it doesn't really lend well to a meritocratic tryout camp.
Who are these upset people? The other girls at the tryout that felt they should've been picked?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WOH talent signed to appear for festival of honor so far:

CMLL LUCHADORAS LA AMAPOLA & MARCELA
KELLY KLEIN
MANDY LEON
DEONNA PURRAZZO
SUMIE SAKAI
JENNY ROSE
FAYE JACKSON
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

thanks for that info Mafia.
rovert

Post by rovert »

YimYac wrote:
rovert wrote:There was a lot of upset over who was selected. Given who/what STARDOM looks for in wrestlers it doesn't really lend well to a meritocratic tryout camp.
Who are these upset people? The other girls at the tryout that felt they should've been picked?
The girls. You can even clearly see them in the background upset when the winner is announced.

STARDOM prefers cute white girls. It is what it is.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rovert wrote:
YimYac wrote:
The girls. You can even clearly see them in the background upset when the winner is announced.

judging by a photo ???? [cornette]

cute white girls?

ok.

la rosa negra says hi yo tou.

YimYac

Post by YimYac »

rovert wrote:
YimYac wrote:

You mean people get upset when they don't win something? I don't see the controversy here.

Also Gabby Slays is Hispanic. Holidead was at the tryout as well who Stardom has used in the past. Doesn't exactly fit the criteria.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

It should be noted that the woman who was picked has not been wrestling that long. Not a knock, just saying.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WOH MATCHES FOR SCOH.

CMLL LUCHADORAS SHOWCASE
LA AMAPOLA vs MARCELA

KELLY KLEIN vs. DEONNA PURRAZZO

MANDY LEON & JENNY ROSE vs. SUMIE SAKAI & FAYE JACKSON
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If they're going to keep using Faye Jackson it's probably a good idea to protect her with Sumie, sort of like how the Young Lions in NJPW are usually thrown out there with guys like Nagata, Nakanishi, Tenzan, Kojima, Liger, Tiger Mask, etc.

Are those the only three matches? I was under the impression that they were doing a whole WOH show like the previous VOD and TV specials.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think that matches are gonna be on youtube of as apart of the scoh vod.

is time to end the streak of klein..deonna needs to be the top face of the "division"...do it before wwe "stole her"
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They need to get these women signed. Let them work STARDOM and CMLL (if those promotions will book them, of course), and whatever indies. But WWE has been scooping up a lot of talent lately, and with Dutch and D'Amore back in at Impact they're bound to be rebuilding the Knockouts Division. Those two guys were booking what was, in my view, the single greatest era of women's wrestling in any major promotion (TNA from 2007-2009).

It's time. Get some of them on exclusive deals, get a Women of Honor World Championship, get them on TV regularly. They need compelling feuds and something to compete for.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i read time ago that the plan was to get some women signed and create a championship...dont know why they are waiting so long.
rovert

Post by rovert »

YimYac wrote: You mean people get upset when they don't win something? I don't see the controversy here.

Also Gabby Slays is Hispanic. Holidead was at the tryout as well who Stardom has used in the past. Doesn't exactly fit the criteria.
Why the antagonistic tone? Who mentioned a controversy? I am aware Gabby Slays and Holidead are Hispanic. Gabby still had among the lighter complexions there. Who mentioned a criteria? I said preference.

It wasn't just they were disappointed some were pissed.

Stardom still has a strong preference who they recruit regardless of the skant examples you or monster mafia can select from a promotion that brings over 10s of foreigners every year. You two are only making my point.