Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
roacheyyy

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by roacheyyy »

If they're serious about rebuilding the women's division they sign Mercedes Martinez as soon as possible before Impact or AEW do
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I was checking out Judo videos online and look what came across my Youtube feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc2iYyq6ZkE

That's our very own Sumie Sakai in a Judo match against a larger, male opponent in 1993.

The crowd really gets behind her, chanting SA-KA-EE during her match.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

very surprised with savoy losing but i just read that maybe she is looking for a life outside wrestling so idk.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:03 am very surprised with savoy losing but i just read that maybe she is looking for a life outside wrestling so idk.
Savoy also doesn't look as crisp as she normally would. Alize looked better in the match. Also I guess we should take a hint at who worked Glory by Honor and who didn't to see who will be sticking around in the women's division.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:03 am
monster mafia wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:03 am very surprised with savoy losing but i just read that maybe she is looking for a life outside wrestling so idk.
Savoy also doesn't look as crisp as she normally would. Alize looked better in the match. Also I guess we should take a hint at who worked Glory by Honor and who didn't to see who will be sticking around in the women's division.
And who had t-shirts on them recently produced. Max is probably winning it, for sure in the finals.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:03 am
thinking about this too, alize and rok c working this weekend shows was a hint.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

With Rok-C you genuinely have a burgeoning star to build with, overall if he the current women stay it will be one of the best women’s divisions in any company in a long time.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Savoy is wrestling in mlw women division
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:11 am Savoy is wrestling in mlw women division
I saw that. Probably the Prazak connection. Willow seems to be doing both, hopefully Savoy does as well.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Fightful says roh is actively interested in the former iiconics
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I won't say the Iiconics aren't bigger stars than the whole ROH women's division but I will say they can't wrestle at all.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Savoy in MLW…sigh. Although anyone with SHIMMER links (ie Savoy) will gravitate towards Dave Prazak and MLW. Which is why I’m astonished ROH couldn’t find a way to work with him if they were serious about their women’s division. Hopefully Nicole & Willow will continue to work both…I fear not though.

I’m underwhelmed with the Women’s Tournament thus far. There have been some fun matches. But it’s the same old problem. Short, inconsequential matches which are completely fine but almost instantly forgotten.

On the Iiconics, well specifically Jess McKay/Billie Kay. She was good in SHIMMER. Not a flawless, unparalleled technician, an outrageous flyer or a wild brawler - but she was a great babyface who understood her role and could tell a GREAT story. Where she had a good angle, or a capable opponent (or both) she really delivered in a way that I never really saw in my limited exposure to her WWE work. Check out McKay’s SHIMMER matches with someone like Nicole Matthews (who is also awesome, albeit stuck in Canada)…
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Going off Fightful who says sources in impact doesn't think a deal will be reached with the Iconics and aew doesn't seem to be interested so that leaves the unknown women promotion that launching and roh for them
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Was Nicole Savoy having an off match against Miranda, or was that her normal?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

EvanKnight wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:18 pm Was Nicole Savoy having an off match against Miranda, or was that her normal?
She hadn't wrestled in awhile and looked out of shape.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

People have asked where the women division since death before dishonor well rok c will speak in the ring this weekend and on week by week it was announced a woman match will take place on next weekend show
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Good news
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

This is positive exposure for the women's division.
https://youtu.be/CqrtHns6siA
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!