Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by famicommander »

Or they could just tell Billy "chemtrails" Corgan to take a hike, sign all his talent, and never mention the NWA again.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Sign her. What the hell are they waiting for?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

interesting argument that i found on the internet.

"my dumbest hot take of the weekend is Kelly Klein is possibly the best-booked woman in a US promotion right now (maybe Baszler? maybe Tessa?) and so it is all that more amazing how not over she is for it. If you replace her with anyone who was either popular or well regarded as a wrestler and have them go on a long undefeated streak thru a title reign, have them get big PPV matches with a top level Japanese star, and then set them up as the person protecting the integrity of Ring of Honor against an invading force, people would be talking about that woman like they talked about Sasha Banks that one year."
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:25 am interesting argument that i found on the internet.

"my dumbest hot take of the weekend is Kelly Klein is possibly the best-booked woman in a US promotion right now (maybe Baszler? maybe Tessa?) and so it is all that more amazing how not over she is for it. If you replace her with anyone who was either popular or well regarded as a wrestler and have them go on a long undefeated streak thru a title reign, have them get big PPV matches with a top level Japanese star, and then set them up as the person protecting the integrity of Ring of Honor against an invading force, people would be talking about that woman like they talked about Sasha Banks that one year."
I mean... her undefeated streak was over long before her title reign, but other than that, this is pretty much on the money (I'd maybe argue Baszler has been booked better, but that's irrelevant to the overall point).
I said it back then and I'll say it now: The way they originally introduced this incarnation of the Women of Honor ensured it was dead on arrival. If you want something to get over you have to put it on the main shows and make it part of the main angle. You can't have it operate in it's own, fenced-off internet-exclusive universe. Kelly's undefeated streak wasn't a big deal because unless you were going to their YouTube page to watch Women of Honor, you didn't see 95% of it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

While Jordynne Grace has been a regular with Impact Wrestling since October 2018 and the word at the time was that she had signed a two-year contract with the promotion, Grace actually remains a free agent, PWInsider.com has confirmed with several sources.

Impact has been communicating with Grace, trying to lock her into a deal but given that she has not officially signed anywhere, Grace would technically be able to field offers from other promotions as well. We are told that as late as the last 24 hours, Impact has been scrambling to get Grace to sign with the promotion and if she chooses not to do so, she will likely not continue on with the company.

The word making the rounds tonight at the Impact Championship Wrestling event in Queens, NY is that Scarlett Bordeaux officially requested a release from her Impact Wrestling contract late last week.

Bordeaux, 28, is believed to be under contract to Impact until later this summer. There is no word yet whether the release will be granted. She recently worked the TV tapings in Philadelphia and would next be scheduled to appear for the company at the NYC TV tapings in early June.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Jordynne Grace coming in would be pretty cool.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

if WOH wants some buzz they need to book Kylie Rae asap
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:30 am if WOH wants some buzz they need to book Kylie Rae asap
What they need to do is pick 4 or 5 core talents and lock them up for a couple years.

They can't keep up this revolving door of talent since the division rebooted:
Candice LaRae
Thunder Rosa
Crazy Mary Dobson (Sarah Logan)
Britt Baker
Mayu Iwatani
Deonna Purrazzo
Hania
Madison Rayne
Maria Kanellis
Tenile Dashwood
Heidi Lovelace (Ruby Riott)

If they had held onto any 3 or 4 of them and added them to Kelly Klein, Angelina Love, Stella Grey, Jenny Rose, and Tasha Steelz... that's a decent division.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

cut the entire division and hire Thatcher
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

I always liked Rain in the ring, but as a character she always paled in comparison to Lacey.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

I dont know/follow or watch womens wrestling that much; but seems like they scouted some of the better/indy; women's talent for the 4 way. Max had a pretty cool look. I'd consider signing her just on the look alone. Didn't really watch the match much. Rok-C seems like she has the right look for a good babyface.

I think they need to figure out the right platform to present women's wrestling. 1 hour of TV won't cut it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I’ve known about Hyan and Max for a while but had no about Rok-C, everyone was a breath of fresh air really and the more you have front this next batch of Indy talent ROH will improve no end. Quinn already has a rival in ultimate babyface with Rok-C.

You have a lot of women coming up who have worked and created friendships a long the way and having that in the ROH women’s division is going to be one of the best parts of this that’s if Maria can manage the politicking, racial issues which was such a problem in the previous incarnation.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Looks like Sumie vs Vita Von Starr tomorrow.

Hopefully Vita can go in the ring because she has not impressed on the mic in any capacity yet.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U8jMQnhU6g

Not a bad match. A little sloppy at a couple points but Vita doesn't look too bad.

Sumie is Sumie, as always.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Miranda alize vs trish adora for women division Wednesday
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Two more names I am not familiar with. Let's check Cagematch.

Miranda Alize:
-Looks to mostly be affiliated with, yet again, Booker T's Reality of Wrestling 2014-2020
-Had one match in the 2017 WWE Mae Young Classic
-Worked the Impact/Rise supershow in 2018, then 2 more Impact shows in 2020
-Worked 3 AAA matches 2019-2020
-Worked 6 AEW matches 2019-present; 1 in the tournament, 4 on Dark, 1 on Dynamite

Trish Adora:
-Got squashed on one episode of NXT by Kairi Sane in 2018
-Worked 2 ROH Future of Honor/MCW matches in 2019
-Otherwise pure indies 2016-present

We'll see what these ladies have.

I am thinking that Quinn McKay will get a match with Mandy Leon for a second chance at qualifying for the women's tournament. It's easier to see her beating Mandy than a 7X world champion like Angelina Love in her debut match.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Quinn begging maria on Twitter for a second chance at the tournament