Women of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Re: Women of Honor Thread

Post by TYFDK »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 am Expect a tournament announcement for the WOH title in the Spring leading into SCOH.

I think the announcement will be made to the live crowd tonight with a half dozen women in the ring.
This is great. Hope it's announced during the actual PPV though. Get big hype for it.

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 am A working relationship with Stardom makes sense for both, I do hope it means that ROH will be able to bring in much better workers, because right now Deonna and Karren Q are way ahead of everyone on that part of the roster and they shouldn't be stagnated through lesser talent.

Also if Deonna or Karren aren't the first champs it will be a crime, having mandy as champ would just be too much.
Stardom and ROH already have some sort of relationship, obviously with the last women's tryout camp with the one who impressed the most (Gabby Ortiz, who's had one or two WOH matches) being sent to a Stardom tour shortly after.

Stardom's also had Mandy, Kelly Klein and Scarlett (who hasn't been seen in ROH in awhile but is still on the roster page) over for shows, with Klein winning their Goddesses of Stardom Tag League tournament this year with Bea Preistley.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 am A working relationship with Stardom makes sense for both, I do hope it means that ROH will be able to bring in much better workers, because right now Deonna and Karren Q are way ahead of everyone on that part of the roster and they shouldn't be stagnated through lesser talent.

Also if Deonna or Karren aren't the first champs it will be a crime, having mandy as champ would just be too much.
Kelly Klein and Sumie Sakai are good too, and Britt Baker when they book her. Hopefully Madison Rayne wasn't just a one tour thing.

Girls like Mandy Leon, Brandi Rhodes, Jenny Rose, etc need to be the undercard in the division for sure.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 am Expect a tournament announcement for the WOH title in the Spring leading into SCOH.

I think the announcement will be made to the live crowd tonight with a half dozen women in the ring.
And they announced it will be 16 women. So this could be fun.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Disappointed they aren't calling it the Women of Honor World Championship. All the other ROH Titles are referred to as World Championships.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:50 am Disappointed they aren't calling it the Women of Honor World Championship. All the other ROH Titles are referred to as World Championships.
Not a world championship until it is defended in another country than the country of origin. That's been the standard.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Weren't the Six Man Titles introduced as World Titles out of the gate?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 am Weren't the Six Man Titles introduced as World Titles out of the gate?
God I hope not. I don't think so either

Also updated with detailed photos of the new Women's Championship http://rohworld.com/details-roh-women-h ... mpionship/
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

cgstong wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 am Weren't the Six Man Titles introduced as World Titles out of the gate?
God I hope not. I don't think so either

Also updated with detailed photos of the new Women's Championship http://rohworld.com/details-roh-women-h ... mpionship/
The announcement article on ROH's website:
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-in ... ampionship
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lets go deonna..
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Mandy Leon vs. Brandi Rhodes for the WOH Title is gonna be a barnburner
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I've a feeling It'll either be Klein vs. Purrazzo or Mandy vs. Purrazzo.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

what about mayu vs deonna?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Overall that belt looks nice, especially in its resemblance to the now-defunct World Title. However, the gender signifiers on that belt are no good. I doubt anyone consulted the actual women about the fuchsia trim or the slapped-on roses.

Are there heels in the WOH besides Kelly Klein? I think she takes it. Losing her undefeated streak during the tournament seems ill-advised.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:18 am Overall that belt looks nice, especially in its resemblance to the now-defunct World Title. However, the gender signifiers on that belt are no good. I doubt anyone consulted the actual women about the fuchsia trim or the slapped-on roses.

Are there heels in the WOH besides Kelly Klein? I think she takes it. Losing her undefeated streak during the tournament seems ill-advised.
Karen Q is a heel. She also pinned Kelly Klein prior to her turn. That was several months ago.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Oh, I thought Klein only had one loss, via countout? Well, if she got pinned, and it's between Klein and Karen as heels . . . I guess they might still go with Klein.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-5- ... ompetitors
Mandy Leon over Sumie Sakai?

Karen Q not in the top five?

What planet are they living on?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:49 pm http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-5- ... ompetitors

I don't think ROH sees Karen in WOH as a long-term possibility. Probably feel better about their relation with Purrazzo. And if I were ROH I would've actually put Sakai further back, behind Jenny Rose. The division is building itself on its newness of talent.

Also,
With an impressive combination of physicality, mat wrestling and submission mastery, Klein has never been pinned or forced to submit in WOH.
I think I'm more than entitled to an apology for the time I got called out for saying something I didn't fact-check and wasn't entirely sure about to make some flim-flam point that ended up, by sheer luck, actually being true and even fortified by this flim-flam kayfabe listicle, thank you very much.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:17 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:49 pm http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-5- ... ompetitors

I don't think ROH sees Karen in WOH as a long-term possibility. Probably feel better about their relation with Purrazzo. And if I were ROH I would've actually put Sakai further back, behind Jenny Rose. The division is building itself on its newness of talent.

Also,
With an impressive combination of physicality, mat wrestling and submission mastery, Klein has never been pinned or forced to submit in WOH.
I think I'm more than entitled to an apology for the time I got called out for saying something I didn't fact-check and wasn't entirely sure about to make some flim-flam point that ended up, by sheer luck, actually being true and even fortified by this flim-flam kayfabe listicle, thank you very much.
I will give a half apology :) I didn't expect ROH to get so creative in their writing to protect Kelly Klein. A count out loss is a loss.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

At least they didn't put Brandi Rhodes on the list.