Official Aftershock Tour (Live Events) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Marketh.

Re: Official Aftershock Tour (Live Events) Thread

Post by Marketh. »

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just said "Fuck it, throw Will Ferrara in there."
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sucks that Strong is out of the match. I was actually looking forward to him being in there. Does anyone know what promotion in the UK that Strong is booked for that weekend?

It'll be curious to see who his replacement is.
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

It is very disappointing that Strong is out but I do think Aries would be an awesome replacement.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Only four matches have been announced for the event in three days, i wonder what they are waiting for...

Do they need some more matches for the TV show ? Because Aries return and the ROH World TV Championship #1 contender tournament could fill some blanks.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Technically 6 matches.

The 3 TV title contenders matches, which will lead to the 3-way
The Women of Honor match
The wild card main event

Plus Maria has an announcement and of course the Aries return.

EDIT: Dammit. Hopkins is this week. Not Vegas. You're right. They should announce more today hopefully.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Considering they already announced the full card for Vegas, I think the match announcements are done for this one too.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I think Strong will be making an apperance at RevPro´s show the day before ROH´s Las Vegas show. He hasn´t been announced yet but I think he´ll be there.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

Castle vs ACH can be really entertaining for fans.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

The hype video doesn't list any additional matches. It looks like it was filmed before Castle v. ACH was announced, too.

Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

What I learnt from this video: Silas Young is actually multiple people. Since he is the "last real men" of pro wrestling rather than the last real man.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Sandy Fork wrote:What I learnt from this video: Silas Young is actually multiple people. Since he is the "last real men" of pro wrestling rather than the last real man.
Ha! Like the Black Scorpion of ROH, I guess.

From Cheeseburger and Mike Bennett's Twitter, looks like a four way has been added between Burger, Bennett, Ferrara, and Moose.

Also, for what it's worth, Shaheem Ali, who was at the New York tapings and had matches in Nashville and Baltimore is traveling with Cheeseburger per his Twitter, as well, so don't be surprised if you see Ali end up on the card.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

4 CORNER SURVIAL
MICHAEL BENNETT W/MARIA KANELLIS VS. MOOSE VS. WILL FERRARA VS. CHEESEBURGER

No one does a 4 Corner match quite like Ring of Honor! These challenges always bring together an unexpected mix of unlikely opponents, and July 11th will be no different. Michael Bennett will strike out without his tag team partner, Matt Taven, to take on an old foe...CHEESEBURGER! Burger, Bennett, and Maria have a lot of history, most of which Maria would love to forget. Will Ferrara adds an elevated element of speed and athleticism to the fray. And rounding out the field, Moose is cultivating more and more hostility toward his DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR opponent, Cedric Alexander. But on July 11th, his three opponents are going to have to face one big, angry MOOSE!

MARK BRISCOE VS. DANNY DUGGAN

After a standout performance in his last Ring of Honor outing, Danny Duggan returns to ROH! He's set to take on Mark Briscoe, one half of record holding ROH World Tag Team Champions, The Briscoes. This is a huge opportunity for Duggan to cement himself as an up-and-coming prospect for Ring of Honor. You never know when you're watching a future World Champion, so you definitely don't want to miss July 11th!

SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER VS. WAR MACHINE
Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser might seem like an unlikely pairing at first glance. But they have quite a bit in common. Both are loud, miserable, abrasive and not exactly endearing themselves to the ROH locker room. Is the Beer City Bruiser "man" enough to team with the Last Real Man? Their opponents don't really care WHO they face because they promise the same result every single time: destruction. War Machine are bulldozing a path through the competition, no matter where and no matter who!
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I'm not sure ROH understands what a dream team Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser really is.

I'm hoping the Young/Castle feud ends up going in more of a buddy cop direction where they form a detective agency together, but I would settle for Young & BCB vignettes.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Young & Castle sounds so much like a 90's/early 00's buddy cop series.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Wilson

Re: HEAT VISION AND JACK

Post by Wilson »

Burnside wrote:I'm not sure ROH understands what a dream team Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser really is.

I'm hoping the Young/Castle feud ends up going in more of a buddy cop direction where they form a detective agency together, but I would settle for Young & BCB vignettes.
Sandy Fork wrote:Young & Castle sounds so much like a 90's/early 00's buddy cop series.
Hmm . . . I think I would've booked them a bit more as a
Spoiler: show
renegade, radioactively whip-smart astronaut and his trusty talking motorcycle, the likes only seen in Heat Vision and Jack.
Though yes, Beer City could be a much needed shot in the arm for Silas. I only saw so much of him, but Beer City seemed like a worker who could especially shine in tag matches

And yay for Aries! That is a more than an adequate replacement for Strong.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

I love Roddy but am soooooooooo excited about Aries as his replacement in that main event. Awesome.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

150 reserved row (first three rows sold out, fourth almost) and 370 GA tickets left, they'll need some good walkup sales if they want to draw a big crowd for this one.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15