ROH Merchandise Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

ROH Merchandise Discussion

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Thought I'd create a thread for discussion about all ROH merchandise. I suppose we should stick to t-shirts and stuff other than DVDs seeing as they have their own board.

So, what stuff have you bought recently?
The Generic Luchador

Re: ROH Merchandise Discussion

Post by The Generic Luchador »

Just bought the Davey Richards DVD for 6 bucks.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Really just waiting for the DVD releases to pick up, which should be soon. Haven't purchased anything since the Richmond/Charlotte doubleshot came out.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

I haven't bought anything in awhile waiting for the three recent shows to come out
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

How about apparel, have many of you guys bought any of the shirts recently? Davey, Eddiw and the Young Bucks all have new ones out.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Well when I got the ringside membership I got a free ROH shirt
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

I got the Eddie Edwards t-shirt and the ROH logo one.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Honestly at the moment ROH isn't seeing too much of my wrestling 'dollar'

It's not that I've gone off the product, it's just that I'm basically a DVD guy. I own every show up to Death Before Dishonor 9, meaning that the latest 'Best Of' DVD releases don't hold any appeal to me. I'm waiting on Collinsville, SOTF'11 and GBH10 to be released - they will be my next purchases

In terms of other merchandise, I will ocasionally pick up a shirt if I think it's cool enough. I tend not to like the generic, obviously recognisable 'I LIKE WRESTLING' shirts. Not that I'm not proud to be a pro-wrestling fan, it's just that isn't really the kind of clothes I wear. Likewise, I'm a massive football (soccer) fan, but unless I'm at a game, I don't really walk around the street wearing my Oxford United shirt!

My biggest criticism at the moment is that a lot of shirts are either very generic, or very obviously WRESTLING, neither of which are my thing. The new Eddie and Davey shirts, for instance, aren't particularly imaginative in my opinion.

I tend to find that the wrestler's own, designed and sold by themselves shirts seem to be a lot better. I bought an El Generico 'Los Angelitos De El Generico' shirt which I think is fantastic. I remember Chris Hero has had a couple of really good ones over the years. Over here the cool, basic 'LDRS' shirt is very popular, largely because it's such a basic, wear-able design in my eyes. During his Summer 2010 indy run and 2009 farewell tours I remember Bryan Danielson had some AMAZING shirts. Colt Cabana is another guy who clearly puts a LOT of effort into his merchandise and, as such, has some really cool stuff.

I wonder how much input ROH lets their wrestlers have in the design of their shirts. I presume it's some, but the fact that so many ROH wrestlers have so many 'better' shirts available outside of the ROH store makes me think they could do more...
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

McXal wrote:Honestly at the moment ROH isn't seeing too much of my wrestling 'dollar'

It's not that I've gone off the product, it's just that I'm basically a DVD guy. I own every show up to Death Before Dishonor 9, meaning that the latest 'Best Of' DVD releases don't hold any appeal to me. I'm waiting on Collinsville, SOTF'11 and GBH10 to be released - they will be my next purchases

In terms of other merchandise, I will ocasionally pick up a shirt if I think it's cool enough. I tend not to like the generic, obviously recognisable 'I LIKE WRESTLING' shirts. Not that I'm not proud to be a pro-wrestling fan, it's just that isn't really the kind of clothes I wear. Likewise, I'm a massive football (soccer) fan, but unless I'm at a game, I don't really walk around the street wearing my Oxford United shirt!

My biggest criticism at the moment is that a lot of shirts are either very generic, or very obviously WRESTLING, neither of which are my thing. The new Eddie and Davey shirts, for instance, aren't particularly imaginative in my opinion.

I tend to find that the wrestler's own, designed and sold by themselves shirts seem to be a lot better. I bought an El Generico 'Los Angelitos De El Generico' shirt which I think is fantastic. I remember Chris Hero has had a couple of really good ones over the years. Over here the cool, basic 'LDRS' shirt is very popular, largely because it's such a basic, wear-able design in my eyes. During his Summer 2010 indy run and 2009 farewell tours I remember Bryan Danielson had some AMAZING shirts. Colt Cabana is another guy who clearly puts a LOT of effort into his merchandise and, as such, has some really cool stuff.

I wonder how much input ROH lets their wrestlers have in the design of their shirts. I presume it's some, but the fact that so many ROH wrestlers have so many 'better' shirts available outside of the ROH store makes me think they could do more...
I know what you mean regarding the t-shirts. The shirts, in my opinion at least, have got worse over time. I wasn't keen on any of the recent ones but when I saw the new Eddie Edwards shirt up close I quite liked it so picked it up.

But yeah, totally agree about the shirts they sell outside of ROH. I'm pretty sure they get an input into the shirts but they all seem to be too focused on a nice quote than anything. As you said, a lot of people tend to buy the shirts that look coolest and could pass off as just a cool shirt but a lot of the recent ones are clearly just wrestling shirts.
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

Speaking of the next dvd releases, do you guys think the Collinsville, Survival of the Fittest 2011, and Glory by Honor X shows will be out before Christmas?
crimsonmasque

Post by crimsonmasque »

I want to buy a ROH baseball hat, but the logo on the new hat is huge! IMO anyway.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

dougiefresh605 wrote:Speaking of the next dvd releases, do you guys think the Collinsville, Survival of the Fittest 2011, and Glory by Honor X shows will be out before Christmas?
Kevin Kelly said on Twitter that the voice overs are done for all three shows
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

I'd buy the shit out of ROH action figures!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

ad.breed wrote:I'd buy the shit out of ROH action figures!
Haha, totally agree! Used to love collecting WCW/WWF figures so would have to get a few of the ROH ones!
-MP-

Post by -MP- »

EcwHardCore07 wrote:
dougiefresh605 wrote:Speaking of the next dvd releases, do you guys think the Collinsville, Survival of the Fittest 2011, and Glory by Honor X shows will be out before Christmas?
Kevin Kelly said on Twitter that the voice overs are done for all three shows
Sweet, I was getting fairly nervous about Collinsville even being released. I feel like it's only a matter of time before they stop putting out DVDs of some of the house shows.

On topic, the last item I bought was at that Collinsville show. It was the Death Before Dishonor IX DVD and the person who sold it to me was none other than JAKE MANNING himself. I was in awe of this man.
SM22

Post by SM22 »

I havn't bought any ROH merchandise since Glory By Honor IX, when I picked up three or four DVD's. I don't like the new logo, so apparel with that logo dosn't appeal to me, and I'm not a fan of the newest shirt designs.

Hopefully the Colinsville, SOTF 2011, and GBH X DVD's will be available at Final Battle, because I'm definitly going to get those.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Whats taking ROH on HDNet volume 10 so long?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

GardenStateSaint wrote:Whats taking ROH on HDNet volume 10 so long?
I'm not sure it's coming.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I have to admit, those twins on TV kinda make you wanna buy something.