Attendance numbers

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
che08

Attendance numbers

Post by che08 »

Weekend ROH attendance figures:

* 3/3 Sinclair TV tapings in Baltimore, Maryland: 450 fans.

* 3/4 10th Anniversary iPPV in New York City, New York: 1,400 fans.

source: Wrestling Osberver Newsletter

Is it really was so bad in Baltimore,or just not clear information from Meltzer?And some problems in Hammerstein,as I think they can burn out this market.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Re: Attendance numbers

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

A sellout for the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC is 2500 give or take. Going in, this wasn't an appealing card so I'm not surprised it didn't sell out.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It doesn't help that it's Davey vs Eddie in New York AGAIN.
Last Real Man Hype
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

clearly the company is going out of business. Commence freaking out
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Hmmm, looks like bullshit. Look at this: http://www.pwchronicle.com/2012/03/03/3 ... ilers-fun/ - Attendance about usual, 800.
MOOSE!
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

it no way the tv taping was 450 people it was every bit of 800 hundred people there and the april 7 show sold out within hours of the show ending roh is doing good business here in Baltimore, I just hope the market do not get over saturated I think after the april 7 show they need to take a break for at least 2 months
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

The first TV taping had so many people they needed more seats

No way it's 450 after only like 2 tapings.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

They REALLY need to get out of NYC for the iPPVs. These have been the ONLY shows that have felt important, in the least. Maybe barring the Philadelphia show, which had a unique card and drew over 500 for a Friday night. And I really see the NYC shows, at this point, as a market that's going to get the same 1,500 no matter what, and largely dull crowds. Imagine them taking an iPPV to the Baltimore venue? 800 and super hot crowds just for TV. If they did an iPPV there they could EASILY do 1,000+ and immediately establish a legitimate market. This isn't just for Baltimore. They barely have a solidified #2 market. Chicago Ridge easily, but #3? Anyone? It's really a shame.

So many odd aspects to some of the business decisions being made at the moment. Booking isn't helping.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Yeah, and look at this (from ROH fb page)
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2073_n.jpg

MOOSE!
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

ninetwentyfour wrote:They REALLY need to get out of NYC for the iPPVs. These have been the ONLY shows that have felt important, in the least. Maybe barring the Philadelphia show, which had a unique card and drew over 500 for a Friday night. And I really see the NYC shows, at this point, as a market that's going to get the same 1,500 no matter what, and largely dull crowds. Imagine them taking an iPPV to the Baltimore venue? 800 and super hot crowds just for TV. If they did an iPPV there they could EASILY do 1,000+ and immediately establish a legitimate market. This isn't just for Baltimore. They barely have a solidified #2 market. Chicago Ridge easily, but #3? Anyone? It's really a shame.

So many odd aspects to some of the business decisions being made at the moment. Booking isn't helping.
agreed but I starting to think that the du burns arena is starting to get too small for the promotion if the april 7 show sold out in 2 hours could you imagine how many people they will have to turn away at the door don't get me wrong the du burns arena is in the ideal part of town downtown Baltimore but I think they will have to go to a bigger venue
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

DieHard wrote:Yeah, and look at this (from ROH fb page)
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2073_n.jpg

Doesn't look like the upper balcony had over 1,000 empty seats.
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

Heyzel wrote:it no way the tv taping was 450 people it was every bit of 800 hundred people there and the april 7 show sold out within hours of the show ending roh is doing good business here in Baltimore, I just hope the market do not get over saturated I think after the april 7 show they need to take a break for at least 2 months
Umm, 3rd row tickets are still available for the April 7th TV Taping...it did not sell out by any means yet.
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

at the event it was said that the tickets was sold out that was available at the door they must have add ticket online I have no reason to lie homie
bigstu

Post by bigstu »

Heyzel wrote:at the event it was said that the tickets was sold out that was available at the door they must have add ticket online I have no reason to lie homie
When you buy tickets at the TV tapings they offer a $10 discount (at least they did at the January tapings), it could've been they sold out of the discount tickets.
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

that's what happen they ran out of the discounted tickets but I can see roh having even bigger tv taping attendance as we get into the spring/summer months
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Does the Hammerstein sell out with Steen vs. Richards and a couple NOAH guys?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

GardenStateSaint wrote:Does the Hammerstein sell out with Steen vs. Richards and a couple NOAH guys?
A definite YES, but I guess the NOAH thing won't happen anytime soon unfortunately :(
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

GardenStateSaint wrote:Does the Hammerstein sell out with Steen vs. Richards and a couple NOAH guys?
I think it does.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
A definite YES, but I guess the NOAH thing won't happen anytime soon unfortunately :(
June is soon? They did tease it a few months back. And I'm not suggesting Steen vs. Richards happen then, just posing a hypothetical.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I agree with ninetwentyfour. They do need to get out of NYC for iPPV's. It just doesn't look as cool as running different venues is. There hasn't been one done outside of New York since LAST YEAR'S WM double-shot.
Once BITW '12 is done, they should really look into going to Chicago for one, someone suggested Baltimore getting one, that'd be cool. Maybe even if Dayton does well next month and the venue looks decent they could have one there.
But having them just at the Hammerstein looks bush-league. That's one mistake from TNA that they're not doing differently.