If you've been riding for ROH WE MADE IT THIS YEAR

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

If you've been riding for ROH WE MADE IT THIS YEAR

Post by fm20000 »

KEVIN STEEN BEAT JOHN CENA CLEAN IN HIS DEBUT

SAMOA JOE FINALLY DEBUTED IN WWE

TYLER BLACK WON THE WWE TITLE IN THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA

ROH FINALLY PASSED TNA

WE MADE IT
supersonic

Re: If you've been riding for ROH WE MADE IT THIS YEAR

Post by supersonic »

For everyone that shit on the indies, its talent, and fans over the past decade:

Dinero212

Post by Dinero212 »

This has truly been the year of ROH and its alumni
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

And we are not even half way through the year!!
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

classic-cabana wrote:And we are not even half way through the year!!
Yeah! We've got a whole 6 months to watch them fuck it all up!
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Is "riding for" something the kids say now?

I'm not sure I'm riding for the phrase "riding for." In fact I don't think I'm riding for it at all. If anything I'm riding against it. In my Nissan.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Yeah, I think the correct term is riding with. Not riding for.

But I digress.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Kevin is gonna loose in just two weeks time against Cena, but you already know that [cornette]
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Made it?

Well, yeah this stuff happened, and it’s great and all, but it’s not the hail marys we received in the past: CM Punk as the WWE Champion for 434 days and Daniel Bryan defeating HHH, Randy Orton, and Batista in the same night to become the only person to hold both the WWE and World Heavyweight championships at Mania.

Really, in comparison, it sounds like the ROH faithful are beginning to settle rather than embracing this with any sort of sybaritic pretense. Aim, for the stars people. Don’t rest until Owens retires John Cena and Samoa Joe taps Brock in under a minute.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Slaying Evolution at WM30 wasn't enough. D-Bry should've wooed Steph, causing her to divorce HHH and thus removing him from his COO spot. We then see videos of Steph joining D-Bry and Brie are on their honeymoon, engaging in a hot threesome for the new face of sports-entertainment.

In addition, PHIL should've broken the Streak. Period. End of discussion.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

These are good points. You know—if I were booker—I would actually have Daniel Bryan make Stephanie demonstrate the “helm” in Helmsley by giving her the “new face of entertainment. “

Filthy. I’ll show myself out the door.
Spoiler: show
If I am banned for this, rest easy, as I can assure you that all my anxieties have been remedied knowing that ROH has MADE IT in the year 2015.
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

Thanks to the OP for the Elimination Chamber spoiler last night. KO/Cena was really the only match I cared about and I couldn't watch the show live. I jumped on here to check out some ROH wrestling talk and intentionally avoided news sites so I wouldn't spoil it before I watched it late last night. Of course the first thing I see is the Steen picture, ruining the outxome of that match. I don't complain about spoilers usually but I also don't expect to see WWE spoilers in a post on the main ROH section of the website, especially without Spoiler tags. Sorry if I'm wrong here but this seems inappropriate... can we try not to spoil wrestling results for each other nonmatter how exciting they may be??
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

This is a ROH forum, WWE spoilers are fair game right?

Anyway people should just stay offline if they want to be spoiler free, really isnt that hard
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Using spoiler tags isn't either. Kind of ruined the shock for me too
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

dudelove wrote:Thanks to the OP for the Elimination Chamber spoiler last night. KO/Cena was really the only match I cared about and I couldn't watch the show live. I jumped on here to check out some ROH wrestling talk and intentionally avoided news sites so I wouldn't spoil it before I watched it late last night. Of course the first thing I see is the Steen picture, ruining the outxome of that match. I don't complain about spoilers usually but I also don't expect to see WWE spoilers in a post on the main ROH section of the website, especially without Spoiler tags. Sorry if I'm wrong here but this seems inappropriate... can we try not to spoil wrestling results for each other nonmatter how exciting they may be??
Ridiculous post.

This wasn't a TV taping you didn't attend. This was a show that has aired live internationally already. It's not a spoiler to anybody else in the world except you. The world does not revolve around you. If I did not want to know the results of a WWE PPV that had aired the night before, you know what I would do? Avoid wrestling websites altogether until I'd had the chance to watch the show. I'd pretty much consider that my job to lookout since the rest of the collective wrestling fanbase on planet earth was not informed that I hadn't seen the show and would therefore be sure to tip-toe around discussing it out of consideration for me.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I struggle to empathize with anyone on spoilers in this day and age, to be honest. But yeah, how long should we give you to watch a live show before we can reference it here?

Perhaps you can post your viewing schedule so we can ensure that we all fulfill our responsibility to you.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

It only counts as spoilers if it's not widely available to everybody already, like a VOD or a TV taping.

If you want to avoid wrestling spoilers, avoid wrestling websites. Simple.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

When are we going to judge ROH's success on what the wrestlers do in ROH, and now what they do after they leave?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm not sure I quite understand the question.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Robareid wrote:I'm not sure I quite understand the question.
He means that if Kevin Steen is a big star in WWE, does that necessarily mean ROH is great? It's a valid question.

Like, if you thought Ric Flair was awesome when he won the 1992 Royal Rumble, does that mean the NWA was awesome, because Ric Flair had recently been there for several years?

What's debatable is the extent to which former ROH talent are successful after leaving ROH is a direct validation of ROH itself. If Daniel Bryan's success means ROH is great, does Nigel McGuiness's lack of success mean ROH sucks? In both cases, there are many other factors involved that have nothing to do with ROH.