Breaking News: ROH on Destination America

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Smile

Breaking News: ROH on Destination America

Post by Smile »

BREAKING: @RingOfHonor is coming to Destination America! Wednesday, June 3 at 8/7c!

ROH at 8, TNA at 9. Great night for wrestling fans.
Mr. Orange

Re: Breaking News: ROH on Destination America

Post by Mr. Orange »

This is insane!!!

Isn't TNA on Friday nights now though?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Smile I'm glad you're optimistic about TNA actually staying on DA now.

Orange, TNA is moving to Friday's at that same date.
Last edited by JTCole on Wed May 27, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smile

Post by Smile »

JTCole wrote:Smile I'm glad you're optimistic about TNA actually staying on DA now.
Please don't turn this into an argument. This is good news for ROH and wrestling fans. And 3 hours of wrestling for me on Wednesday nights.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

LOL Destination America already has their replacement for TNA.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Smile wrote:
JTCole wrote:Smile I'm glad you're optimistic about TNA actually staying on DA now.
Please don't turn this into an argument. This is good news for ROH and wrestling fans. And 3 hours of wrestling for me on Wednesday nights.
No offense but after this news there isn't much of an argument left.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

I'll finally be able to watch it on tv. I don't have their HD channel but I'm okay with that.
Smile

Post by Smile »

To clarify: Impact is moving to Wednesdays at 9/8c on June 3rd. ROH is premiering on Wednesday, June 3rd at 8/7c.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Smile wrote:
For a few months until TNA gets officially canned.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So I'm going to assume that the deal here is ROH's one hour show goes to Destination America, which is already produced by Sinclair, will continue airing on Sinclair, I assume as original content and will then re-air on Destination America as filler programming which they will be paying for at a cheaper rate than Impact?

That's what I'm assuming, and if so, it pretty smart.
Smile

Post by Smile »

(Silver Spring, Md.) –Destination America announced today that it has signed a national broadcast deal with professional wrestling league RING OF HONOR, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., bringing one of the most respected wrestling organizations to the only network dedicated to all-American entertainment. Destination America is now the one-two-punch to professional wrestling, adding RING OF HONOR (ROH) to its line-up after launching IMPACT WRESTLING in early 2015. RING OF HONOR has been delivering top wrestling matches for ten years with captivating hard-hitting stars such as Jay & Mark Briscoe, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, The Young Bucks, Maria Kanellis, Adam Cole and Jay Lethal. Destination America will pack on the action beginning Wednesday June 3 with the series premiere of RING OF HONOR at 8/7c leading into brand new premieres of IMPACT WRESTLING at 9/8c.

"With the electric and intense matches that RING OF HONOR provides, Destination America is the network for fans to get an entire evening of jaw-dropping entertainment on Wednesday nights,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “RING OF HONOR showcases tenacity, athleticism and passion and it serves as the place where America’s favorite wrestling stars are born.”

“We are very excited to be partnering with Destination America for the broader distribution of the ROH programming,” commented Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer - Ring of Honor Wrestling. “ROH will now reach an additional 57 million households including those in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other large cities where Ring of Honor is not currently airing. ROH has a loyal fan base and is one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. With this great partnership with Destination America, we can continue to expand our footprint and reach while producing entertaining, original content and continuing to provide wrestling fans some of the best wrestling content available.”
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

will ROH be on the same channels as now too on June 3?
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Daniels, Kazarian, Joe and Styles must have had a good laugh about this.

Edwards, Richards and King must have felt like morons.

And Jay Lethal is probably on cloud 9. Not only was he first off the sinking ship, he helped build the new ship.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I am not antiTNA at all and actually i like the show in 2015 but DA don't want impact and is going to replace it with ROH tv.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

The Dragon Saga wrote:So I'm going to assume that the deal here is ROH's one hour show goes to Destination America, which is already produced by Sinclair, will continue airing on Sinclair, I assume as original content and will then re-air on Destination America as filler programming which they will be paying for at a cheaper rate than Impact?

I was thinking the opposite actually : new episodes air first on DA, then on the SBG channels during the weekend.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
thatwrestlingshow

Post by thatwrestlingshow »

This is absolutely bonkers news. Since the Sinclair buyout, I've assumed that ROH is satisfied and complacent without a network deal. Now both sides have negotiated a mutually sweet deal, ROH produces the same programing for more eyes and higher distribution income, DA produces the same type of content at a more effective price point and perhaps to more eyes. Absolutely stunning, one of the most surprising things I've seen in wrestling in years.

TNA is an awful name for a company with awful brand recognition. Amazing talent but consistently subpar executives (Lagana's creative team has turned the product around though). They are hardly a wrestling company at this point, their live touring is in low demand, they're more like that crappy 70s Fantastic Four film made due to contractual obligations. I don't predict much hope for the company, if the show's ratings increase because of ROH, ROH will get the shine. Costs vs. benefits, ROH is going to win out in most scenarios. But luckily, there's a new #2 promotion for talented performers to get exposure.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well this is something that came totally out of left field.
The Dragon Saga wrote:So I'm going to assume that the deal here is ROH's one hour show goes to Destination America, which is already produced by Sinclair, will continue airing on Sinclair, I assume as original content and will then re-air on Destination America as filler programming which they will be paying for at a cheaper rate than Impact?

Based on Joe Koff's wording in the press release, it sounds like they're just expanding onto Destination America, and that ROH will still air on the SBG channels every weekend (the key phrase being "additional"):
“We are very excited to be partnering with Destination America for the broader distribution of the ROH programming,” commented Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer - Ring of Honor Wrestling. “ROH will now reach an additional 57 million households including those in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other large cities where Ring of Honor is not currently airing. ROH has a loyal fan base and is one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. With this great partnership with Destination America, we can continue to expand our footprint and reach while producing entertaining, original content and continuing to provide wrestling fans some of the best wrestling content available.”
The line that sticks out to me is that they're getting TV in major cities, which is obviously a huge plus for ROH.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

This seems to me like Destination America is lining up a replacement for Impact, and it'll be much cheaper as the ROH show is already being produced so they don't have to fund an entire company. They're probably hoping the 400,000 wrestling fans they dragged over to their network with Impact will stick around for a cheaper ROH.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

...well then. Doesn't this mean Joe's tag match will be on network TV haha