Breaking News: ROH on Destination America

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Breaking News: ROH on Destination America

Post by monster mafia »

Press release: "The first match will feature the Briscoe Brothers, Mark & Jay, as they face off with the House of Truth in the main event."

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE PEOPLE!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

There is officially a new #2 wrestling company in North America.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

The debate about who is number 2 is officially over. Even if TNA remain on DA come October.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

monster mafia wrote:Press release: "The first match will feature the Briscoe Brothers, Mark & Jay, as they face off with the House of Truth in the main event."

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE PEOPLE!
How is it the first match if it's the main event?

ROHWrestling.com ain't changing for nobody.
The Final Countdown

Post by The Final Countdown »

They haven't said whether or not the show will still be aired on the Sinclair affiliates, have they? My local affiliate has carried ROH since day one, but I don't get DA.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:There is officially a new #2 wrestling company in North America.
Sandy Fork wrote:The debate about who is number 2 is officially over. Even if TNA remain on DA come October.
Exactly what I was thinking. No more debate now.
The Final Countdown wrote:They haven't said whether or not the show will still be aired on the Sinclair affiliates, have they? My local affiliate has carried ROH since day one, but I don't get DA.
It will still air on the affiliates. The press release states that this new deal gives ROH additional viewers to what they already have.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Great for Ring of Honor. Looks likes Destination America puts them in about 20 million more households than Sinclair already does.

This Samoa Joe deal is really working out great for all parties involved.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

The Final Countdown wrote:They haven't said whether or not the show will still be aired on the Sinclair affiliates, have they? My local affiliate has carried ROH since day one, but I don't get DA.
The release says "additional audience" which to me implies the show will still air on Sinclair. It's not a new show, it's the same ROH on Sinclair episodes that will air on the Sinclair affiliates. Which probably means Destination America is paying a lot less for ROH than they pay for Impact. It's brilliant on their part. They're showing the two shows back-to-back until September when Impact is cancelled. By then, a good portion of TNA's audience will have been watching the ROH show for 3-4 months and most of them will stay with ROH. DA will have the same or better ratings for a fraction of the rights fees.

In other news, Dixie Carter is an idiot. How could TNA not have stipulated exclusivity as the only wrestling show on DA?
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

All right! Now we can count down to when Destination America treats ROH like garbage, too!!!!
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

boourns wrote:Great for Ring of Honor. Looks likes Destination America puts them in about 20 million more households than Sinclair already does.
And it's not just the numbers - it's where the markets are. ROH just got on TV in New York City, LA, Chicago, and Philly.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

You gotta feel bad about the TNA talent tho. Who got to know along with the rest of us online.

State of your office, Dixie!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

‏@SamoaJoe
Bruh... Craaaazy...

‏@AJStylesOrg
Yeah

@The305MVP
At no time was TNA talent (that I'm aware of) notified of ROH airing on @DestAmerica . I'll refrain from commenting until after "the call".

@The305MVP
Yeah so ummm...
PROMOTERS!

BOOKMVPNOW@GMAIL.COM
Last edited by monster mafia on Wed May 27, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

This is good in that ROH will be able to finally reach some of those markets Sinclair doesn't have a station in but it really doesn't excite me since all that will be airing is the show I can watch the weekend before on the SBG stations where I live. Hopefully it does lead to something more like best of shows, and maybe those big VOD shows like Supercard of Honor, Death Before Dishonor, Glory By Honor, and Survival of the Fittest airing as two hour specials with some content cut but the big stuff left in.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

It should excite you because it will likely result in at least some kind of budget increase for ROH in general, helping them to retain and attract talent and improve production.

Also, there's is every chance the Briscoes will appear as guests on Paranormal Survivor, Hillbilly Blood, Buying the Bayou, and BBQ Pitmasters.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

PWInsider reporting the new episodes will premier on the Sinclair stations over the weekend, then air on DA the following Wednesday.
Sardonic Artery

So TNA signs with Destination America and it's a joke, but ROH signs with them and it's "HUGE NEWS GUYZ!!!!"?
KL_

Post by KL_ »

From PWInsider:

*The series on Destination America will be the same series that is owned and distributed by Sinclair Broadcasting. The episodes will debut over the weekend for Sinclair affiliates and then air Wednesday on Destination America.

*The relationship between Ring of Honor and Destination America relationship is something that has built over the last several months and I am told is independent of whatever is going on between the Network and TNA currently.

*For ROH, and this is just my speculation, it provides them a national outlet to promote their talents, events and PPV shows. While TNA going from Spike to Destination America might have been seen as a step down, for ROH, it’s the first time they’ve had any national TV exposure and this can only be seen as a big boost.

I am told that Destination America wants pro wrestling content on their Network and they want to make the cable outlet a “destination” for that.

*I have not confirmed a timeline for the deal but was told that ROH will be seen weekly through at least the end of the year, possibly longer.
Sardonic Artery

Also, does this have any impact (no pun intended) on watching it on the ROH site?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Yeah, this deal is money straight into the ROH budget (directly or indirectly). This is good.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I can only imagine how the TNA's "Lunatic Fringe" is reacting to this news...